View Poll Results: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    28 40.00%
  • no

    42 60.00%
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 198

Thread: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

  1. #151
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    My point is, you can't derive any viable information about this topic from the voting numbers except that race was at least a factor.
    and that point fails because theres no logical evidence to suggest race was any real factor when you look logical and honestly at the whole picture.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #152
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I would like to point a few things out.

    First off... black voter turnout increased when Obama ran for office. So the percentages remained in the same area of 90% pro democrat, but the number of people who voted pro-democrat increased when Obama ran for office. So.. yes... race has to play a factor. But in necessarily in how they vote, but rather, in how many vote.

    In 2008: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/21/us...vote.html?_r=0

    Just thought I would add this new dimension to the topic.
    The point is that blacks are voting more based on whether or not a candidate is a Democrat and not whether or not a candidate is black.

    If the election was a black Republican vs. a white Democrat, an overwhelming majority of blacks would vote for the white Democrat.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    that changes nothing LOL

    it shows now evidence to support that MOST blacks voted for obama only because he was black

    only shows that he rallied the base of his party and independents

    did you know that 41 percent of white men voted for obama?

    Before Obama, no Democrat since Jimmy Carter had earned more than 38 percent of the white male vote. whats that mean? logically nothing besides he rallied his base and independents and americans period.
    All I was doing was to show that there is another dimension to the issue not just who voted for whom... but the number of people who voted.

    In this case, blacks came out in the largest numbers ever to vote for Obama. This was also done despite the fact that since the 80's, so almost 30 years, black voter turnout was less and less.

  4. #154
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,192

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    You can't make that assumption... you don't know what their main reason was... even if they would of voted democrat anyway, you don't know if their main reason was because he was black or not.
    You can't know without a doubt what their main reasons were, but you can make some pretty solid inferences that race isn't the main factor from races where black Republicans ran against white Democrats. For instance Ben Cardin and Ted Strickland both won more than three quarters of the black vote against black republicans. This is solid evidence to support the idea that party, not race, is the main reason for their voting.

    It makes a couple assumptions about the similarity between senate races and presidential ones, but I don't think its too unreasonable to believe.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    The point is that blacks are voting more based on whether or not a candidate is a Democrat and not whether or not a candidate is black.

    If the election was a black Republican vs. a white Democrat, an overwhelming majority of blacks would vote for the white Democrat.
    Yes, I agree.

    But the election wasn't between those people... it was between a charismatic black democrat and a not-so-charismatic white republican. And what I am bringing in perspective was that said combination reversed the trend in black voter turnout at the polls. A trend that specified that less and less blacks would go out and vote... and when Obama ran for office, the black voter turnout increased, pretty well, for the first time in a few decades. So much so, that %-wise, it even surpassed the white voter turnout.

  6. #156
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    All I was doing was to show that there is another dimension to the issue not just who voted for whom... but the number of people who voted.

    In this case, blacks came out in the largest numbers ever to vote for Obama. This was also done despite the fact that since the 80's, so almost 30 years, black voter turnout was less and less.
    which is meaningless to the discussion since his whole base and americans were more rallied then they have been in years

    the % of PEOPLE that showed up to vote was the highest since 1968.

    so the only way this would have some impact is if all other demographics stayed the same or went down, or thier voting stayed the same or went down or the black vote dramatically increased in one party. None of these happened.

    women, younger demographics and first time voters were also up for obama

    again, so far theres nothing logical out there that supports the nonsense that MOST blacks voted for obama ONLY because he was black
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #157
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Yes, I agree.

    But the election wasn't between those people... it was between a charismatic black democrat and a not-so-charismatic white republican. And what I am bringing in perspective was that said combination reversed the trend in black voter turnout at the polls. A trend that specified that less and less blacks would go out and vote... and when Obama ran for office, the black voter turnout increased, pretty well, for the first time in a few decades. So much so, that %-wise, it even surpassed the white voter turnout.
    like I said in my post thogh overall voting was up period
    obama rallied everybody so its meaningless
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #158
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Yes, I agree.

    But the election wasn't between those people... it was between a charismatic black democrat and a not-so-charismatic white republican. And what I am bringing in perspective was that said combination reversed the trend in black voter turnout at the polls. A trend that specified that less and less blacks would go out and vote... and when Obama ran for office, the black voter turnout increased, pretty well, for the first time in a few decades. So much so, that %-wise, it even surpassed the white voter turnout.
    Yes, there was definitely an increase in African-American voter turnout. But, even if you included the increase in voter turnout it still doesn't come close to the main reason why blacks vote. The number of blacks who vote solely on the whether or not a candidate is a Democrat far outweighs the increase in black voter turnout for Obama in 2008.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J;1060969388[COLOR="#FF0000"
    ]which is meaningless to the discussion since his whole base and americans were more rallied then they have been in years[/COLOR]

    the % of PEOPLE that showed up to vote was the highest since 1968.

    so the only way this would have some impact is if all other demographics stayed the same or went down, or thier voting stayed the same or went down or the black vote dramatically increased in one party. None of these happened.

    women, younger demographics and first time voters were also up for obama

    again, so far theres nothing logical out there that supports the nonsense that MOST blacks voted for obama ONLY because he was black
    I like how you conveniently ignore facts to better suit your argument. Anyway, I'm not one to complain.

    This discussion was about blacks and how they vote. I see no argument, because there isn't one to be had, with whom do the black vote. It is clear they vote democrat. So the only other discussion to be had (from my perspective) is on the number of blacks who voted. White voter turnout has been consistent and has not been declining or increasing drastically over the years. The black voter turnout was a surprise because the trends showed a decline in the black voter turnout over the years... and when Obama came into the political arena, it jumped up. That is all.

  10. #160
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I like how you conveniently ignore facts to better suit your argument. Anyway, I'm not one to complain.

    This discussion was about blacks and how they vote. I see no argument, because there isn't one to be had, with whom do the black vote. It is clear they vote democrat. So the only other discussion to be had (from my perspective) is on the number of blacks who voted. White voter turnout has been consistent and has not been declining or increasing drastically over the years. The black voter turnout was a surprise because the trends showed a decline in the black voter turnout over the years... and when Obama came into the political arena, it jumped up. That is all.
    didnt ignore anything I stated facts if you disagree and falsely think that I ignore MEANINGFUL facts please point them out LOL

    anyway like I said that jump is pretty meaningless since % wise there was no large influx in what party they voted for and OTHER demographics were also up more than they have been in 50 years.

    so again I reapeat its just basic facts unless there was ONLY an increase in the black demographic and they voted abnormally compared to history its a meaningless point.

    what dont you get? lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •