View Poll Results: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    28 40.00%
  • no

    42 60.00%
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 198

Thread: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,773

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You will never win any points with me with comments such as "think it through" when what you really are saying is that you don't agree with what I said so you have to pretend my comments are based on ignorance They are not. how many blacks are net tax payers vs net tax consumers?
    I don't know....but since you're the one asking the question while proporting that the answer bares some major significants, why don't you spares us the agony and provide the answer and the source to support your claim.

  2. #122
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by waas View Post
    It's pretty depressing when Americans express such partisanship without even bothering to learn how their country works.
    I agree most cling to either a party or a one or two issues.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,773

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    In many of these cases, you are simply wrong.

    I assume, by “pro-life” you mean opposed to murdering unborn children? So far as I know, everything he has said on the subject is in favor of allowing innocent unborn children to be killed.
    Why? Because he supports partial birth abortions on medical health grounds? I don't favor the practise either, but medical professionals agree that there are situations where the practise is warranted.

    “Pro-gun rights”, again, everything he has ever said on the subject indicates him to be opposed to the Second Amendment and the rights affirmed therein.

    That, as President, he has not had nor taken any opportunity to put forth policies on these matters is no reason to attribute to him positions that are opposite to those that he's clearly expressed.
    Your position suggests to condemn the man for things he has not done. That's equivalent to accusing a man guilty before he's had a fair trail or as we use to say in the military "guilty before being presumed innocent".

    “Very pro-tax reform (wealth redistribution) in an effort to reduce the deficit and bring about more opportunities for those within the middle-class to become entreprenuers [sic] and start small businesses to spur job growth and become prosperous…” — here, he has successfully pursued policies which have been the exact opposite of what you attribute to him. About the only thing I can give you here is your parenthetical remark about “(wealth redistribution)”, but I must point out that such “wealth redistribution” is usually understood to be about taking wealth from those who are deemed to have too much of it, and giving it to those who are deemed not to have enough; while President Obama's actual wealth-redistribution policies have consisted of taking wealth from all classes of taxpayers, and giving it to a few huge, badly-run corporations in the form of “bailouts”, which is rather contrary to the generally-understood point of “wealth redistribution”.
    I think you'd be interesting in reading the book, "Why We Want You To Be Rich," co-authored by Robert T. Kiyosaki and Donald J Trump. You'd be surprised to learn what The Donald says on the issue of wealth redistribution where tax cuts to the wealthy are concerned in relation to the debt and deficit. (And mind you, this book was published in 2006!)

    “…Very pro-health and health care access in order to ensure a future where this nation's citizens are healthier…” — this has been his signature cause, and to that end, he promoted and signed into law a horrendous mess which has ****ed up the entire health care business, in a manner that, for the vast majority of Americans, is making health care more expensive and unattainable than ever before.
    Again, non-sense. Health care premiums were on the rise long before ObamaCare was made law. I agree that the law isn't perfect, but the verdict on its overall impact on the economy cannot be measured at this time since the law has not been fully implemented. Thus, your argument equates to nothing more than hyperbol. Let's wait until 2018 after federal block grants to the states end and the states are left to fund their health insurance exchanges on their own and individuals are left to fully pay for their own health care before judging the law an epic fail, shall we?
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 09-29-12 at 11:25 PM.

  4. #124
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    In many of these cases, you are simply wrong.

    I assume, by “pro-life” you mean opposed to murdering unborn children? So far as I know, everything he has said on the subject is in favor of allowing innocent unborn children to be killed.

    “Pro-gun rights”, again, everything he has ever said on the subject indicates him to be opposed to the Second Amendment and the rights affirmed therein.

    That, as President, he has not had nor taken any opportunity to put forth policies on these matters is no reason to attribute to him positions that are opposite to those that he's clearly expressed.

    “Very pro-tax reform (wealth redistribution) in an effort to reduce the deficit and bring about more opportunities for those within the middle-class to become entreprenuers [sic] and start small businesses to spur job growth and become prosperous…” — here, he has successfully pursued policies which have been the exact opposite of what you attribute to him. About the only thing I can give you here is your parenthetical remark about “(wealth redistribution)”, but I must point out that such “wealth redistribution” is usually understood to be about taking wealth from those who are deemed to have too much of it, and giving it to those who are deemed not to have enough; while President Obama's actual wealth-redistribution policies have consisted of taking wealth from all classes of taxpayers, and giving it to a few huge, badly-run corporations in the form of “bailouts”, which is rather contrary to the generally-understood point of “wealth redistribution”.

    “…Very pro-health and health care access in order to ensure a future where this nation's citizens are healthier…” — this has been his signature cause, and to that end, he promoted and signed into law a horrendous mess which has ****ed up the entire health care business, in a manner that, for the vast majority of Americans, is making health care more expensive and unattainable than ever before.
    LOL while there may be some truth in this post, I dont know I stopped reading as soon as I read "murdering unborn children?" as I always do when somebody using that term when referring to abortion. It quickly shows how dishonesty they are and I instantly laugh at the hyperbole, biased and tired rhetoric. oh well
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #125
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    quoted for notification
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    so more to the point do you think most blacks are criminals and are on entitlements?
    you never answered
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I watched a show the other day where where the Moderator went on the street and told Obama voters that Obama is Pro Life, against all abortions, and against equal rights for gays.........90% of them said they knew that already and were still going to vote for him so the question begs to be asked..........
    Well hopeful those issues would not swing anyone. Damn ... who really votes for social issues for POTUS. Of course any patriotic American of either party should want equal rights under the law and abortion is a private social issue.

    I cast my vote vote on resolute intellect, ability to make good decisions, temperament foreign policy, healthcare, protection of our rock and the people inhabiting it and how they have invested themselves in our country and their ability to represent "We the People".

    That above is the short list!

    I will never agree with anyone 100%.

  7. #127
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I don't know....but since you're the one asking the question while proporting that the answer bares some major significants, why don't you spares us the agony and provide the answer and the source to support your claim.
    its easily available if you really care

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post

    no, the obvious conclusion is that you can't draw much of a conclusion from the votes.... get it right
    No, I've got it right. With 85% of blacks voting Democrat for white candidates, one can say with certainty that *most* blacks vote for the party, not the color of the skin of the candidates. Now if less than 50% of blacks typically voted Democrat but then 95% of blacks voted for Obama, then the OP might have a valid point. But alas, that is not the case.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    Using the math I was taught my left wing friend 95% is considerably more.........

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post

    Using the math I was taught my left wing friend 95% is considerably more.........
    Well then you should stay away from logic, because your poll didn't ask if more blacks are voting for Obama because he's black ... you asked if most blacks are voting for Obama because he's black.

    Here's the logic which eludes you ... with only some 15% of blacks eligible to meet the requirements of your poll, it is not even possible for most blacks to vote for Obama because he's black since some 85% would be typically voting for the Democrat regardless of skin color.

  10. #130
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Your position suggest to condemn the man for things he has not done. That's equivalent to accusing a man guilty before he's had a fair trail or as we use to say in the military "guilty before being presumed innocent".
    You give him credit for alleged positions that he has never taken, and which are at odds with positions that he has expressed. You called him “pro-life”, when everything he has said on the subject of abortion is contrary to the position generally described by that term; and you called him “pro-gun rights”, when, again, everything that he is known to have said on the subject is contrary to that position as well.

    As President, he hasn't directly taken any actions that are relevant to either of these issues. Your only basis for calling him “pro-gun rights” is that he hasn't participated in the enacting of any new gun control laws. Given the positions that he has clearly stated in the past, it's a safe bet that if a new gun control bill were to come across his desk, as President, he'd be more likely than not to sign it into law; and if a bill were to come across his desk to relax existing gun control laws, it is as likely that he would veto it.

    Similarly, based on his past expressed opinions, it is likely that he'd sign a bill that removed legal restrictions against killing unborn children, and veto a bill that increased restrictions against doing so.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •