View Poll Results: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    28 40.00%
  • no

    42 60.00%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 198

Thread: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

  1. #101
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    No I think most blacks vote for him because he's a democrat. Being black is just an added bonus that strengthens black voter turn out.
    On the other hand had Herman Cain won for example, I think many blacks would lable him an Uncle Tom while the couple conservative blacks out there would actually be encourage to vote this time around. On the other side of the coin had a woman been the nominee regardless of color much more independent women would probably vote for her.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  2. #102
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    How you explain about the way blacks answered the questions on Obama's policies? It showed they knew nothing about Obama's stand on these issues and they voted for him any way?
    Because he's a democrat and they assumed (rightfully) he'll back Democrat platforms.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #103
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,641

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I beg to differ. Most blacks have vorted democrat since alliances were forged between the remnant civil rights leadership and north eastern democrats who helped them transition into new roles as democrat elected officials. Entitlements may have played a small role but the real factor was stick together teamism. Black voters were not going to vote against the same people who marched for their right to vote, were beaten and otherwise abused for their rights to be recognized as equally American. A powerful tradition set in and today most black voters equate voting democrat with patriotism. This not because if entitements but because of love of country. I understand it might be difficult to relate to without having an American heritage from that black perspective. A similar dynamic us now being solidified among Latino voters, possibly even a stronger association with the democrats and American patriotism because in their case the GOP has been portrayed as the enemy of the Hispanic population ala Arizona immigration law, tye southern border fence, etc.
    I disagree, entitlements is a major reason. that and the fact that the dems push stuff like affirmative action and easier sentencing of criminals

  4. #104
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I disagree, entitlements is a major reason. that and the fact that the dems push stuff like affirmative action and easier sentencing of criminals
    do you realize that you are implying that most blacks are criminals and on entitlements?
    im sure that was a mistake
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #105
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,641

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    do you realize that you are implying that most blacks are criminals and on entitlements?
    im sure that was a mistake
    No just noting reality

    Well the percentage of blacks who are receiving government help is extremely high compared to other groups and I think a third of black males have criminal records. When certain laws disproportionately help or hurt certain groups members of those groups tend to have higher or lower than favorable views of the laws. Its why many LEGAL hispanics are outraged with say the Arizona immigration laws: even though those laws don't apply to them, they see the laws as targeting people who are LIKE them

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,764

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I watched a show the other day where where the Moderator went on the street and told Obama voters that Obama is Pro Life, against all abortions, and against equal rights for gays.........90% of them said they knew that already and were still going to vote for him so the question begs to be asked..........
    Your hypothesis suggests that the majority of those (Blacks) polled don't know where Pres. Obama stands on the issues and, therefore, would still vote for him no matter what. I'm curious what show was it you were watching and when did it air? Can it be streamed online to view? How many people were polled and what was the age range?

    The Black people I speak to know that Pres. Obama is pro-life, yet supports a woman's right to choose to have an abortion if either her life or the life of her unborn child is threatened.

    The Black people I speak to know that Pres. Obama believes in equal rights for all and as such supports gay rights and civil unions.

    The Black people I speak to know where Pres. Obama stands on the social issues of the day and will vote for him because his interests are closely aligned with their own, and believe him to be the better choice in the upcoming presidential election, not because he is Black.

  7. #107
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    It is undoubtedly a factor, but not an important one nor one that decides how most black people vote
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  8. #108
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    No just noting reality

    Well the percentage of blacks who are receiving government help is extremely high compared to other groups and I think a third of black males have criminal records. When certain laws disproportionately help or hurt certain groups members of those groups tend to have higher or lower than favorable views of the laws. Its why many LEGAL hispanics are outraged with say the Arizona immigration laws: even though those laws don't apply to them, they see the laws as targeting people who are LIKE them
    interesting so just ignore all other factors that have already been presented to you and focus on the ones you choose and like?

    got it

    so more to the point do you think most blacks are criminals and are on entitlements?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #109
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,795

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Your hypothesis suggests that the majority of those (Blacks) polled don't know where Pres. Obama stands on the issues and, therefore, would still vote for him no matter what. I'm curious what show was it you were watching and when did it air? Can it be streamed online to view? How many people were polled and what was the age range?

    The Black people I speak to know that Pres. Obama is pro-life, yet supports a woman's right to choose to have an abortion if either her life or the life of her unborn child is threatened.

    The Black people I speak to know that Pres. Obama believes in equal rights for all and as such supports gay rights and civil unions.

    The Black people I speak to know where Pres. Obama stands on the social issues of the day and will vote for him because his interests are closely aligned with their own, and believe him to be the better choice in the upcoming presidential election, not because he is Black.
    all good points and also something most people over look is that "stance" on an issue isnt really important. What a person PLANS to do or laws they PLAN to write matter more.

    for instance if a candidate was pro-life or anti-equal rights that would bother me IF they had no plans to do anything about thier personal feelings and understood the laws and rights of america doesnt have to reflect their own.

    THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT in a candidate.

    on the other hand any candidate that campaigned on the plan to stop equal gay rights or abortion would never get my vote. Not because those are the most important issues but because in my opinion they dont understand america well at all.

    another example of this is people bash Obama for his gun views but yet theres orgs out there that rate him very gun friendly for what he as actually done or not done.

    he can say he doesnt like guns all he wants, doesnt bother me but if he would actually do something about then it does.

    SO words and stance alone doesnt mean as much as plans and record
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,764

    Re: Do you think most Blacks vote for Obama just because he black?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    No just noting reality

    Well the percentage of blacks who are receiving government help is extremely high compared to other groups and I think a third of black males have criminal records. When certain laws disproportionately help or hurt certain groups members of those groups tend to have higher or lower than favorable views of the laws. Its why many LEGAL hispanics are outraged with say the Arizona immigration laws: even though those laws don't apply to them, they see the laws as targeting people who are LIKE them
    Geez, not this non-sense again. This convuluted argument has already been clarified and the falsehood debunked. Yes, statistics show that the percentage of Blacks on entitlement programs (such as welfare) is higher compared to other demographics on a national level, but the raw numbers tell a completely different story. People should expect such numbers to be high when unemployment is also high within such demographics. It has little to do with Blacks having an entitlement mentality. In most cases, it's a matter of survival. I see this stuff everyday - people applying for Medicaid, welfare and unemployment benefits not because the truly want to, but because they have to in order to keep from either falling into poverty OR a means to survive. Doesn't mean there aren't some lazy folks among them, but most would much rather be able to fend for themselves and not rely on the government for food, housing or their health care as some would have folks believe.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •