View Poll Results: Is this business as usual in government?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 62.50%
  • No

    0 0%
  • They are all lying, pusilanimous scumbags

    5 62.50%
  • I don't see anything wrong here

    2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: "Let there be light" upon skullduggery.

  1. #1
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,303

    "Let there be light" upon skullduggery.

    "Contrary to the mindless repetition at the time from pundits such as Sean Hannity that Congress was "looking at the same intelligence," it was not.

    In the summary section called "Key Judgements" of the classified report which Bush was given, US intelligence said that Saddam Hussein would likely only support terrorist attacks on the US in self-defense, if he felt threatened. The classified National Intelligence Estimate 2002 (NEI 2002) read on page 8:"

    Bush Deleted Intel Report Passage Saying Saddam Would Only Attack in Self-Defense

    Could this paragraph have prevented the deaths of almost 5,000 US soldiers?

    Were we duped?

    Was Congress duped?

    Is this prosecutable?

  2. #2
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,303

    Re: "Let there be light" upon skullduggery.

    Even if lookers don't comment, I would appreciate their input in the poll. Thank you.

  3. #3
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Let there be light" upon skullduggery.

    Okay I know I am going to take a lot of heat for this but, Bushes daddy was hell bent for leather to get Hussein even when he was VP. He kept at it when he got in the White House but couldn't get the support he needed to stay there. When Bush the Second came into office he wanted to help his daddy out and make sure the public would like him so he used some apparently thin intelligence about WMD and started his spin campaign. the UN bought into it for a while and then concluded there was not enough evidence to support the conclusion. So they left.

    Bush II then decided to get some help and go in there and "getr done". Surprise no WMD but alot of dead GI's. From the moment Bushes boys hit the ground it was one screw up after another. Presuming their boy would become acceptable to the Iragy brain trust and the people. Didn't happen. Presuming that the Iragi people would understand our accept our way of life or our mandates. Didn't happen. Didn't try and work out a deal with the moderates in the Iragi Army just blew them off. Good move. Then started lying to us about what was going on thinking the press would not figure it out. Right since when.

    The Bush Boys managed to piss off just about everyone over there including some who had been on our side. Typical. The response was all too predictable.

    Now some people are going to say why would we want the Iragi military helping us? WELLL for one thing who do you think we relied on in germany and Japan after WWII ended. The Nazi's had an infrastructure system in place and knew best how to use it. Patton recognized this immediately and used those he thought were trustworthy to "geter done". McArthur did the same thing in Japan.
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Let there be light" upon skullduggery.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    "Contrary to the mindless repetition at the time from pundits such as Sean Hannity that Congress was "looking at the same intelligence," it was not.

    In the summary section called "Key Judgements" of the classified report which Bush was given, US intelligence said that Saddam Hussein would likely only support terrorist attacks on the US in self-defense, if he felt threatened. The classified National Intelligence Estimate 2002 (NEI 2002) read on page 8:"

    Bush Deleted Intel Report Passage Saying Saddam Would Only Attack in Self-Defense

    Could this paragraph have prevented the deaths of almost 5,000 US soldiers?

    Were we duped?

    Was Congress duped?

    Is this prosecutable?
    yes
    yes
    no
    An emotional part of me sides with President Bush.
    He did not do the right thing..
    This should have been done many,many years ago.
    But Hannity as a pundit -thats too much..
    He is but a cheap shrill for the extreme right.

  5. #5
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: "Let there be light" upon skullduggery.

    The answer to all questions is no. The Iraq war did not happen because Bush fooled the American people with concrete proof of weapons of mass destruction which later turned out to be false. Anyone who was actually paying attention was aware that there was zero solid evidence of Iraqi WMD programs. The "we were duped" crap is simply congress and the public trying to shift the blame from their own stupidity. Bush's deception only fooled the willing.

  6. #6
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,303

    Re: "Let there be light" upon skullduggery.

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    The answer to all questions is no. The Iraq war did not happen because Bush fooled the American people with concrete proof of weapons of mass destruction which later turned out to be false. Anyone who was actually paying attention was aware that there was zero solid evidence of Iraqi WMD programs. The "we were duped" crap is simply congress and the public trying to shift the blame from their own stupidity. Bush's deception only fooled the willing.
    It's funny, but I agree with that. It's like "rah, rah, rah" and here we go. Go with the flow. We're the tough guys on the block and watch your ass. What a hell of an excuse for poor foreign policy. Maybe a million dead Iraqis to do a "rah, rah, rah."

  7. #7
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,723

    Re: "Let there be light" upon skullduggery.

    We were duped, that's already on the record. We can only wish that it was prosecuteable. The Dems gave that up before Obama took office.

    We're a hegemony, it's that plain and simple and nobody seems to want to do anything about it.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  8. #8
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Let there be light" upon skullduggery.

    Dave you have a major point here but lets go further. There is a line from Full Metal Jacket where a colonel says "because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out". that is the falacy of American foriegn policy. We believe that because we are the big dog that everyone should be like us becuase they should want or the ever popular or else. We have been doing this crap since T Roosevelt and maybe before that. We don't get it. We go in there flying the flag and EXPECT to be treated like saviours. Instead in most cases we end up pissing people off. We don't try and learn the language, we don't try and learn the customs but we expect them to learn ours. Good Move? NOt
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  9. #9
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: "Let there be light" upon skullduggery.

    The Elder Bush did things the right way. Baby Bush did everything wrong and simply helped his rich friends become richer.

    I actually respected Elder Bush. When he raised taxes he was man enough to admit he was wrong and did what needed to be done.

  10. #10
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: "Let there be light" upon skullduggery.

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    The Elder Bush did things the right way. Baby Bush did everything wrong and simply helped his rich friends become richer.

    I actually respected Elder Bush. When he raised taxes he was man enough to admit he was wrong and did what needed to be done.

    GW bush also passed the drug prescription program ONLY to take the heat off and protect the big pharmaceuticals who were under assault by senior citizens and the med field for blatantly screwing americans and selling their drugs for pennies on the dollar elsewhere and industrialized countries like canada for 25 % of what they were charging americans....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •