View Poll Results: Why do those covering the election favor Obama so heavily

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • People who choose the profession tend to be Democrats

    11 52.38%
  • The profession tends to cause people to become more liberal

    7 33.33%
  • Reporters believe they have more influence when Dems are in Power

    2 9.52%
  • The GOP is negative towards the press so its a reaction

    2 9.52%
  • People in the Press are more enlightened and choose the Democrats

    7 33.33%
  • People in the News tend to be ignorant and thus choose the dems

    6 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Why do those covering the election favor Obama so heavily

  1. #21
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Why do those covering the election favor Obama so heavily

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Because people sense a turning point with the re-election of Obama. It's a referendum on the GOP economics policies of the last 30 years. Do we like where those policies have led us or do we want a change.? I have to admit the R's are finally making themselves clear on their policies and that has made things alot easier for Obama.
    I see a long line of Democrats in the Whitehouse and a healthy economy safe from banker tomfoolery and corporate welfare.
    wishful thinking on your part. a long line of democrats would flush this country down the toilet but then again, I suspect that is what you want

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,045

    Re: Why do those covering the election favor Obama so heavily

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    since the election has not happened we do not know how the votes will come down but people who voted for Gore, Kerry and Obama 2008 are pretty likely to also vote again for Obama. They certainly favored Obama in 2008
    Thank you for admitting that the premise of your poll about the 2012 election is seriously flawed.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #23
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Why do those covering the election favor Obama so heavily

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Thank you for admitting that the premise of your poll about the 2012 election is seriously flawed.
    I have yet to hear any reporter come out and say "My vote for Obama in 2008" was a mistake

  4. #24
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    03-19-13 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    937

    Re: Why do those covering the election favor Obama so heavily

    Should always add an other option. I think it's also because the Republicans are boring and wrong.
    One learns more by listening than talking.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Why do those covering the election favor Obama so heavily

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have yet to hear any reporter come out and say "My vote for Obama in 2008" was a mistake
    Perhaps they believe that voting for McCain would have been a bigger mistake
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,387

    Re: Why do those covering the election favor Obama so heavily

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have yet to hear any reporter come out and say "My vote for Obama in 2008" was a mistake
    And you won't hear that frm any reputable reporter where impartiality is key. Reporters report news, not make it

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,045

    Re: Why do those covering the election favor Obama so heavily

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have yet to hear any reporter come out and say "My vote for Obama in 2008" was a mistake
    I would bet you have yet to hear a whole lot of things which could potentially fill a large library if written down. Sadly for you, that is irrelevant. What you have not heard is not any positive verifiable evidence to support the validity of the premise behind your poll about the current election.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #28
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Why do those covering the election favor Obama so heavily

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    SImple poll. In the last several elections, polling of those members of the main stream media who covered the presidential election voted for Al Gore at over an 80% rate. It was about the same I believe for Kerry and a bit higher for Obama. So what causes this favoritism
    Intelligence...hahahhaha

    I don't know, I remember a lot of polls people had been posting that always pulled for Bush and what have you. So I don't think there really is as much as an effect as you think there is. I think you are more likely to correlate in your head instances of democrats being favored than you are to do so with Republicans being favored.

    Now if you had some actual numbers and research to back your claims (and a few polls don't cut it, cross election, broad data sets for statistical analysis are necessary), we could see if what you claim actually exists or if it's just a figment of your imagination.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •