View Poll Results: Should Harry Reid Resign?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course, you can't lie about stuff like that if you are an elected US official

    22 46.81%
  • No, politicians lie all the time.

    16 34.04%
  • Nope, still don't believe Romney has ever paid taxes.

    9 19.15%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 132

Thread: Should Harry Reid Resign?

  1. #71
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Should Harry Reid Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    None of this has any relevance to Reid's claims, the point in dispute.

    I know, you got shellacked on that point, and don't have the fortitude to answer the question, so you try to distract by going on to something different -- because, of course, you have to keep up the bravado. I get it. It's cool. But as I said, we both know what really went down, which is plenty good enough for me.

    Have at it, brah.
    "What is he hiding?"

    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #72
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,644

    Re: Should Harry Reid Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    He was asked for 10 years. He released 1? Why?
    Maybe because he knows that for every return released liberals will spend the next 2 months talking about all of the **** NOT related to the mess the country is in. You HAVE set precedent.

  3. #73
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Should Harry Reid Resign?

    He shouldn't resign because of what he said. He should resign as Senate Majority Leader because he's a horrible Senate Majority Leader.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #74
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Should Harry Reid Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Maybe because he knows that for every return released liberals will spend the next 2 months talking about all of the **** NOT related to the mess the country is in. You HAVE set precedent.
    Have I? When? I'm asking a question as a 'concerned' citizen. I'd like to know the guy running my country isn't secretly funding some cult. It's 'legitimate'.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #75
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,644

    Re: Should Harry Reid Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Have I? When? I'm asking a question as a 'concerned' citizen. I'd like to know the guy running my country isn't secretly funding some cult. It's 'legitimate'.
    Why thats just horse**** son. You cant be stupid enough to believe that so you must instead be deflecting from the obvious truth, which is, coincidentally...deflecting from the facts. Lets talk about any and everything EXCEPT the things that are destroying this country. You obvious allusion to his religion and your continued bigotry is, BTW noted. laughed at...but noted.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Should Harry Reid Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Why thats just horse**** son. You cant be stupid enough to believe that so you must instead be deflecting from the obvious truth, which is, coincidentally...deflecting from the facts. Lets talk about any and everything EXCEPT the things that are destroying this country. You obvious allusion to his religion and your continued bigotry is, BTW noted. laughed at...but noted.
    Bigotry of what? Hey, if Romney is funding cults through his taxes, I'd like to know even if there is no proof he is. As I said, concerned citizen. Why are you so hellbent on distracting from legitimate issues? The thread is about Reid, Romney and taxes. You'd do well to stop trying to derail the thread. We're all here trying to get to the bottom of the issue.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 09-23-12 at 03:50 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #77
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,644

    Re: Should Harry Reid Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Bigotry of what? Hey, if Romney is funding cults through his taxes, I'd like to know even if there is no proof he is. As I said, concerned citizen. Why are you so hellbent on distracting from legitimate issues? The thread is about Reid, Romney and taxes. You'd do well to stop trying to derail the thread. We're all here trying to get to the bottom of the issue.
    Thats pretty pathetic even coming from you. But what is to talk about re Reid? He is a pathetic, lying scumbag, a horrible 'leader', has been in charge of the senate for 5 years now and couldnt pass so much as a budget. There are LOTS of things to discuss there I suppose. Which would you like to start with...his lie about 'proof' that Romney paid no taxes? OK...on topic...GO. Talk about whether or not he should resign. Talk about that strong democrat leadership. (this will be the shortest conversation in history).

    Oh...and...its funny...you are a Romney 'birther'.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    01-05-17 @ 02:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,479

    Re: Should Harry Reid Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    What Matters in Romney's Tax Memo - Yahoo! Finance

    In an attempt to smear Mitt Romney, about two months ago United States Senator Harry Reid declared that he had inside knowledge that Mitt Romney had not paid any taxes for some of the years over the last decade. This has now been debunked. So the question is, if a United States senator lies about another American's income tax filings in an attempt to smear them, should that trusted member of civilized government be forced to resign?

    It has not been debunked! In fact even on IRS forms in which Romney paid less than one third of the percentage that I paid as a full-time working nurse practioner ... it could be zero as he had hundreds of millions hidden offshore. What about the secretive forms from the ten years at Bain and where he invested the money he made while taking a slice of the pie to dismantle companies and jobs to make a handful of people uber wealthy?

    Proof Harry lied? No ...proof of Romney's secretive offshore financial record in which he boasts qualifies him him to be POTUS. No!

    I do not think Reid is perfect yet on many issues he is right on target! That was a bold move Reid pulled ... a boxing move ... now if Romneyy wants to open it up and 'prove" Reid lied ...well Reid would be the first to say Bring it on! Romney is a rich boy used to people placating him and Reid is a man.

    Nevada is such a bizarre state imho ... I am curious how it will go ... lots of Mormans. I only go to Nevada to bike in the canyons ... I hate Vegas.

    Former boxer and patriot ...Harry Reid is badass!

    Reid has less reason to resign than Romney!
    Last edited by Turin; 09-23-12 at 04:19 PM.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Should Harry Reid Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Thats pretty pathetic even coming from you. But what is to talk about re Reid? He is a pathetic, lying scumbag, a horrible 'leader', has been in charge of the senate for 5 years now and couldnt pass so much as a budget. There are LOTS of things to discuss there I suppose. Which would you like to start with...his lie about 'proof' that Romney paid no taxes? OK...on topic...GO. Talk about whether or not he should resign. Talk about that strong democrat leadership. (this will be the shortest conversation in history).

    Oh...and...its funny...you are a Romney 'birther'.
    Romney wasn't born in the US? News to me. We will get to the bottom of that legitimate issue in time. Now, what do you think about the fact that Romney pays a lower percentage in taxes than people who make far less than him and surely need the money more?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #80
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,644

    Re: Should Harry Reid Resign?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Romney wasn't born in the US? News to me. We will get to the bottom of that legitimate issue in time. Now, what do you think about the fact that Romney pays a lower percentage in taxes than people who make far less than him and surely need the money more?
    I dont give a rats ass as long as he isnt breaking the law. And the funny thing is...none of YOU liberals give a **** either...when its a democrat we are talking about. Which says nothing about the rich folk but speaks VOLUMES about the liberals that pretend to give a **** and their complete lack of character.

    That was fun...NEXT nontopical response that has nothing to do with Harry Reid. Go.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •