View Poll Results: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Muhammed a Crime?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 3.20%
  • No

    209 95.43%
  • I don't know.

    3 1.37%
Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 720

Thread: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Muhammed a Crime? [W:636]

  1. #291
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Mohammed a Crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am NOT endorsing any law against free speech. What I am asking if 99% of Americans are being played for suckers by a Machiavellian filmmaker with an extremist agenda of his own.
    How are we "being played"? This is a consequence of freedom. We knew stuff like this could happen going into it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #292
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,722

    Re: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Mohammed a Crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Were you actually born yesterday, Haymarket, or does it just seem that way? THere are videos on youtube offensive to members of just about any group imagineable. There are videos offensive to Christians. There are videos offensive to Jews. There are videos offensive to scientologists and republicans and socialists and men and women and white people and black people and you name it. These videos were uploaded with the ful intent that they WOULD be offensive to people in many cases, but you don't care because you are not thinking about the issue here, but only reacting blindly because Islamists went on rampages. The only reason they did so was because this stupid, obscure little video was useful to their clerics in motivating them on the anniversary of 911.

    How ironic that you say you are trying to get people to think while reacting with not the slightest bit of reason or intelligence here.
    Knowing who to insult and get the desired reaction you want to get is an art.

    Using reason and intelligence is exactly what I am asking of you and others. But I fear it is your knee jerk response which is the driving force in your views and you are fighting mightily to avoid looking at how you are being manipulated and played for a sucker.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #293
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,722

    Re: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Mohammed a Crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    How are we "being played"? This is a consequence of freedom. We knew stuff like this could happen going into it.
    Many on the right are already beating the drums of war. And I suspect this is the desired goal of this particular filmmaker.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #294
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Mohammed a Crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Knowing who to insult and get the desired reaction you want to get is an art.

    Using reason and intelligence is exactly what I am asking of you and others. But I fear it is your knee jerk response which is the driving force in your views and you are fighting mightily to avoid looking at how you are being manipulated and played for a sucker.
    My irony alert system was ringing off the hook, and so I investigated the reason. I was not disappointed.

    I do need to go, now, though, since my sides are splitting from all the laughing.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Mohammed a Crime?

    I join my answer to all others who answered NO.

  6. #296
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,722

    Re: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Mohammed a Crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    My irony alert system was ringing off the hook, and so I investigated the reason. I was not disappointed.

    I do need to go, now, though, since my sides are splitting from all the laughing.
    The ones laughing are the zealots behind this movie who are manipulating you.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #297
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Mohammed a Crime?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Muhammed a Crime? [W:636] Folks, we need to chill a bit here and stay away from personal remarks mmmkay?

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #298
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Mohammed a Crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Many on the right are already beating the drums of war. And I suspect this is the desired goal of this particular filmmaker.
    This particular film maker cannot send us to war. If we go it's because left and right are already beating the drums of war and looking for an excuse. As such, fault is not with the film maker but rather with our government.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #299
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Mohammed a Crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Many on the right are already beating the drums of war. And I suspect this is the desired goal of this particular filmmaker.
    Who? Where? From what I can tell, many of us think we should get the hell out of the ME altogether, and I personally think we were stupid to ever go there in the first place. War against whom?
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  10. #300
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Should The US Make Speech That's Critical or Disparaging of Mohammed a Crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The ones laughing are the zealots behind this movie who are manipulating you.
    The fact that I have the same opinion about free speech today as I did last week means I have been manipulated how, again?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •