View Poll Results: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    96 80.00%
  • No

    24 20.00%
Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 451

Thread: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

  1. #181
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,488

    Re: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    What do you think and why would he want to do that?
    Every politician, Republican or Democrat, wants to redistribute wealth. The only thing they disagree on is the method of doing so. Republicans believe it should be accomplished via trickle-down economics which translates into tax deductions and incentives for the rich. Democrats believe in setting minimum wage requirements among other things. Why? Because, according to the Federal Reserve, 98% of the nation's taxable wealth is held by the top 50% of wage earners while the bottom 50% only possesses 2%. This means that upward mobility is virtually null. If the upper echelons of society horde money to the degree that 48% of American income earners have no tax liability then there is a clear need to encourage redistribution of taxable wealth. Of course, Republicans and Democrats have another name for the redistribution of wealth when they aren't using the term to club each other on the campaign trail; job creation.
    Last edited by Napoleon; 09-16-12 at 11:36 AM.

  2. #182
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    What do you think and why would he want to do that?
    mainly from those who earn it to those who are like him

  3. #183
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    that is incorrect. although I like how you label your complete denial of objective reality a "fact". In order to REdistribute something, you first have to take it so that you can distribute it again. Money never taken cannot thus be redistributed.
    Sure it can....it happens all the time. You couldn't be more wrong.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #184
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sure it can....it happens all the time. You couldn't be more wrong.
    I will need a bit more evidence for me to give your statement any credibility

  5. #185
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

    I haven't followed this thread, but I've done as much redistribution of wealth from others to us as we could without too much risk. This was mostly done with home sales and purchases.
    It's clear that all governments are in the business of redistributing of wealth one direction or another. What is difficult to arrive at is fair distribution of wealth. We do it better, i.e. more fairly and more generally productive, in the US that in most other countries.
    Redistribution of wealth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  6. #186
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I will need a bit more evidence for me to give your statement any credibility
    Evidence of what? Its basic math.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #187
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....did you call it "wealth redistribution when Reagan asked the rich to pay their fair share?"....oops I forgot....probably not....he had a (R) behind his name.
    Try as you may I don't think the situation when RR was president is the same as this stumblebum we have today as president...........Even someone as bias as you has to admit that.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #188
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sure it can....it happens all the time. You couldn't be more wrong.
    .. actually, he's as right as one can possibly be.

    bone up on your defintions , mang...

  9. #189
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    .. actually, he's as right as one can possibly be.

    bone up on your defintions , mang...

    I guess if you don't understand basic math, then you might have a point. However, it doesn't take much more than common sense and an elementary understand of math to understand that increases and/or decreases in tax rates affect wealth distribution.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Do you think Obama wants to redistribute wealth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    .. actually, he's as right as one can possibly be.

    bone up on your defintions , mang...
    I think DD is right and you are wrong.

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •