View Poll Results: Should society eliminate age of majority?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, maturity is qualitative, not quantitative.

    7 25.93%
  • Yes, there are better ways to judge maturity.

    13 48.15%
  • No, society can't judge maturity better.

    17 62.96%
  • No, maturity is quantitative, not qualitative.

    7 25.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: Should Society Eliminate Age of Majority?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Should Society Eliminate Age of Majority?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Are you one of them? Or are you just judging everyone else.

    And, really, this angle you've invented is BS. There is no reason to remove the age of CONSENT (thread title) in regard to old people.
    I'm not sure how you can make that claim in light of your own position on pedophiles.

  2. #32
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Should Society Eliminate Age of Majority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    I'm not sure how you can make that claim in light of your own position on pedophiles.
    My position on pedos? Is there another?


    Look dude, if this was about old people, there is no reason to mention the age of consent, let alone to make it the thread title. You could propose additional regulations without removing the age of consent.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Should Society Eliminate Age of Majority?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    My position on pedos? Is there another?


    Look dude, if this was about old people, there is no reason to mention the age of consent, let alone to make it the thread title. You could propose additional regulations without removing the age of consent.
    Yes, there is reason. Many people are immature brats who risk bringing children into the world before they're ready.

    Why do you keep repeating yourself? It's really annoying.

  4. #34
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: Should Society Eliminate Age of Majority?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Are you one of them? Or are you just judging everyone else.

    And, really, this angle you've invented is BS. There is no reason to remove the age of CONSENT (thread title) in regard to old people.
    Um, the thread title says majority, not consent.

    Majority has a lot more to do with than just sex, interesting that you can't get your mind off of pedophilia.

    Signing contracts, owning businesses, driving a car, entering the military, getting married...there are lots of things that majority encompasses.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  5. #35
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Should Society Eliminate Age of Majority?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    Um, the thread title says majority, not consent.

    Majority has a lot more to do with than just sex, interesting that you can't get your mind off of pedophilia.

    Signing contracts, owning businesses, driving a car, entering the military, getting married...there are lots of things that majority encompasses.
    and as a "conservative", you therefore support the creation of an enormous bureaucracy to establish standards by which such age of majority is determined?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #36
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Should Society Eliminate Age of Majority?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    Um, the thread title says majority, not consent.

    Fact remains, if the thread was about old people there is no reason to discuss the age of consent.

  7. #37
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Should Society Eliminate Age of Majority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    Why do you keep repeating yourself? It's really annoying.
    I'm repeating myself because you refuse to admit that the age of consent has nothing to do with old people. Additional regulations on old people DOES NOT REQUIRE removing the age of consent. Therefore, your topic is obvious and trying to change it is nothing more than a hasty retreat.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Should Society Eliminate Age of Majority?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm repeating myself because you refuse to admit that the age of consent has nothing to do with old people. Additional regulations on old people DOES NOT REQUIRE removing the age of consent. Therefore, your topic is obvious and trying to change it is nothing more than a hasty retreat.
    Whatever. Bla, bla, bla.

    Your mindless suspicions are wrong. How about you stop being such a cynic and discuss the topic?

    Your selective responses suggest there's something suspicious about you as well since you refuse to stay focused.

  9. #39
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: Should Society Eliminate Age of Majority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    and as a "conservative", you therefore support the creation of an enormous bureaucracy to establish standards by which such age of majority is determined?
    As an "undisclosed", you therefore support adult infants having the same rights and privileges as responsible, mature people?
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  10. #40
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Should Society Eliminate Age of Majority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    Your mindless suspicions are wrong. How about you stop being such a cynic and discuss the topic?
    I'm not suspicious of anything. I am merely destroying your stupid argument about children being tested for sex with adults.


    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    Your selective responses suggest there's something suspicious about you as well since you refuse to stay focused.
    Really, Dak? Ya think so? Why don't you stay on topic. Removing the age of consent has nothing to do with regulating old people.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •