View Poll Results: Why do you think Romney chose to with hold his tax returns for all but the last year?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's cheating on his taxes

    4 9.30%
  • He thinks it's bad for his public image if they're too low

    18 41.86%
  • He lost them

    0 0%
  • He fells no need/Does not have the time

    2 4.65%
  • other (please tell us)

    19 44.19%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84

Thread: Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Riding a tapir
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,432
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    so what "viable economic solution" has Obama put out that makes him any better than Romney?
    Now, don't put words in my mouth. I'm not an Obama supporter, so I won't tell you that his economics are any good. But I will tell you, that no matter how much I dislike Keynesian Economics, TDEs(Trickle Down Economics) are far worse. In contrast to SSEs(Supply Side Economics), they apply the tax cuts and deregulation to the top(not primary producers included). This serves little purpose, as the entire point of this kind of economic thought is merely to lower the cost/increase the production of goods. It's silly, really, that an educated person could support this kind of economic policy - TDEs, that is.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-30-13 @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    428

    Re: Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

    Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)



    just a guess but um...Because Obama's has yet to release any of his records?

  3. #63
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    .... If Romney had broken the law in the last 10-12 years in reference to his taxes he'd have likely been caught by now. ... Just stop, already.
    I understand your point but you have an error in your post that has been showing up in many other places. If you make an 'error' in your tax return that is illegal the IRS does not prosequte and the IRS can't prosecute. The IRS nominally allows the person to correct their return and asks then to 'volunteer' to pay a penalty. This is the only thing that would show in a return, no criminal record at all, no arrest, no parole, etc. No problem right?

  4. #64
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
    Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

    just a guess but um...Because Obama's has yet to release any of his records?
    Please list the Obama records you are thinking of. Sorry if it's a long list, but somewhere it should be listed out. I'll save it. Thanks.

  5. #65
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-14-16 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,903

    Re: Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    I understand your point but you have an error in your post that has been showing up in many other places. If you make an 'error' in your tax return that is illegal the IRS does not prosequte and the IRS can't prosecute. The IRS nominally allows the person to correct their return and asks then to 'volunteer' to pay a penalty. This is the only thing that would show in a return, no criminal record at all, no arrest, no parole, etc. No problem right?
    That isn't true, or people like Wesley Snipes wouldn't end up in jail for tax evasion.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #66
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-13-16 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

    He is cheating because the average American cant " carried interest" or any of the other tricks they use offshore.

    I bet his world tax rate on all income is about 1%. THAT is what he is hiding........

  7. #67
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    03-19-13 @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    937

    Re: Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
    Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)



    just a guess but um...Because Obama's has yet to release any of his records?
    He's released over a decade (that's 10 years btw) of his taxes, not sure how much you want. Oh and they're all almost around 25%.

    To my Democratic friends Obama's no poor man either. The few years before he became president he's made around 3 million a year on business himself as well.
    One learns more by listening than talking.

  8. #68
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    That isn't true, or people like Wesley Snipes wouldn't end up in jail for tax evasion.
    Take a look at
    Wesley Snipes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and you will read the difference between Snipes and Romney. Here is a bit of it:
    The government alleged that Snipes attempted to obtain fraudulent tax refunds using a tax protester theory called the "861 argument" (essentially, an argument that the domestic income of U.S. citizens and residents is not taxable). The indictment said Snipes used accountants who already had a history of filing false returns to obtain refund payments for their clients.The government also charged that Snipes sent three worthless, fictitious "bills of exchange" to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the amounts of $1,000,000 (on November 30, 2000), $12,000,000 (January 18, 2001), and $1,000,000 (September 10, 2002), each accompanied by an IRS tax payment voucher coupon.
    You are making a false equate.

  9. #69
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

    Other: despite the left's great fantasy - he's not stupid. The same reason Obama didn't satisfy the birthers when it would have taken a two minute phone call to do so at the time. Same reason Obama doesn't release his college writings or transcripts.

    Because even IF they are absolutely benign, someone will make something up from them that might stick with the public.

  10. #70
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Why do you think Romney refuses to release his tax returns (still)

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Other: despite the left's great fantasy - he's not stupid. The same reason Obama didn't satisfy the birthers when it would have taken a two minute phone call to do so at the time. Same reason Obama doesn't release his college writings or transcripts.

    Because even IF they are absolutely benign, someone will make something up from them that might stick with the public.
    What "two minute phone call" would it have taken for Obama? (Note that his state owned birth certificate is bound in a book in the state of Hawaii and it can be seen and copied for anyone. That is why copies of it shows a curve on the edge since the book will not lay flat to a copier glass.)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •