View Poll Results: Why wasn't Iraq colonized?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberal humanitarians would be shocked too much at home.

    6 18.18%
  • Neocons were afraid of losing European geopolitical capital.

    0 0%
  • We were afraid of instigating Arabs.

    3 9.09%
  • We were afraid of engaging Iran.

    0 0%
  • Something else.

    28 84.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 147

Thread: Why Wasn't Iraq Colonized?

  1. #121
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Why Wasn't Iraq Colonized?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    sorry, but the opinion of one poster on a message board does not constitute "proof". If it did, I could claim anything and then when challenged to prove it...simply point them back to the post in which I made the claim.

    IOW, just because you say it's true doesn't make it true. as I said, I really don't give a rat's ass, just pointing out protocol.

    so to answer your question...yes, I would want a link. then if the challenger wants to argue over the link...that's their problem. you would have done your part and the onus would then be on them to disprove your link/source
    Once more, the Internet proves to be just a copycat medium tied to professional sources whose opinions are taken for proven facts. That's why the ruling class allowed the Internet in the first place. Since they control all sources in their specious spectrum, where the diversity only means different ways of being wrong, they prepared people through passive dependent education to be reluctant to say anything that could not be re-inforced by a professional source. Next you'll require all sentences to be footnoted.

    Logic, experience, and common sense are the only reliable sources. The self-serving official sources can only be trusted to give credibility to those in power. The alternative sources are produced by products of dumbed-down education and are only allowed because they make the official sources seem intelligent, as all effective liars seem intelligent.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-30-13 @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    428

    Re: Why Wasn't Iraq Colonized?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The US did not get any oil. It did not get any drilling contracts. It did not get any processing contracts. It did not get any transport contracts.
    Are you Mad? America didn't get any Oil? Oh I get it, because you didn't see any oil tankers on CNN coming across the Atlantic, America didn't get any Oil?

    But yet 99% American troops fought the war in Iraq, We lose over 4,500 Men/Women soldiers, but America didn't get any Oil?


    BWUAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!


    You can go back to sleep now.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-30-13 @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    428

    Re: Why Wasn't Iraq Colonized?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    I really do not see why you cannot just give us links like this: operations . It clearly shows that Exxon/Mobile has contracts with Iraq for oil. But you will be hard pressed to prove that such deals were the purpose of the Iraq war. In fact there is no proof to be had unless you have some proof that no one else in the world has been able to find?

    Exxon | Iraq Business News "Last year it prohibited Exxon from an exploration tender after it circumvented Baghdad to do business directly in Kurdistan. This July it banned Chevron from signing deals in the rest of Iraq after the oil giant bought stakes in oil businesses in Kurdistan." Its funny that if a war was fought for the sole purpose of obtaining oil how could the oil companies get banned?

    And why would Iraq need to make Gas Exploration Deals more Attractive if the US oil companies are in control of Iraq oil because of a war fought for that control?

    Iraq to make Gas Exploration Deals more Attractive | Iraq Business News

    Iraq is selling its own oil through contracts with corporations that have the know how and the money to pay them. End result Iraq is the winner not the US.

    However, this summer, deputy prime minister for energy, Hussain al-Shahristani, had an incensed meeting with Exxon. Baghdad has also warned oil companies that they face having all oil contracts made throughout Iraq rescinded if they do business directly with the north.


    Clearly Iraq alone is in control THEIR oil. Which also indicates that Iraq is not our puppet by any means. Which points out that the war for oil conspiracy theory has no teeth.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Where did you find this info? let me guess, from the Exxon HQ website...no wonder...

  4. #124
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,339

    Re: Why Wasn't Iraq Colonized?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
    BWUAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!

    Care to provide a citation backing up your claim that the US got oil or oil drilling, processing or transport contracts in Iraq?

  5. #125
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Why Wasn't Iraq Colonized?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
    I'm sure the Governments that are pillaging the Oil (America,Brittan, China, Saudi, Iran,Turkey,Africa) will think of something before the local radical factions catch on.
    Have special forces secretly take the place of the oilfield workers. In Saudi Arabia, assassinate the sheiks who have control over the nuclear boobytrap on the oilfields. Let Russia take the Iranian side of the Persian Gulf and India occupy the Straits of Hormuz. China can take Indonesia and Brunei's oil. NATO gets North Africa's oilfields. Brazil gets Nigeria's. Partition, partitition, partition.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  6. #126
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,339

    Re: Why Wasn't Iraq Colonized?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    In Saudi Arabia, assassinate the sheiks who have control over the nuclear boobytrap on the oilfields.
    Who would booby trap their own country with nukes? Does that make any sense to you?

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-30-13 @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    428

    Re: Why Wasn't Iraq Colonized?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Care to provide a citation backing up your claim that the US got oil or oil drilling, processing or transport contracts in Iraq?
    Fortunately, COMMON SENSE, doesn't require a link.

    Good day

  8. #128
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,339

    Re: Why Wasn't Iraq Colonized?

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
    Fortunately, COMMON SENSE, doesn't require a link.

    Good day
    And a good day to you.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-30-13 @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    428

    Re: Why Wasn't Iraq Colonized?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusBound View Post
    Have special forces secretly take the place of the oilfield workers. In Saudi Arabia, assassinate the sheiks who have control over the nuclear boobytrap on the oilfields. Let Russia take the Iranian side of the Persian Gulf and India occupy the Straits of Hormuz. China can take Indonesia and Brunei's oil. NATO gets North Africa's oilfields. Brazil gets Nigeria's. Partition, partitition, partition.
    a plan perhaps?

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why Wasn't Iraq Colonized?

    Good question, this is a lousy idea.
    Colonization implies that one is greater/more advanced than the other.......and of course, Iraq is not buying this crap.
    And, Its good that most here do not buy into colonization...
    IMO, NO-ONE should have been colonized, ever...

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •