View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #771
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    Do you have a right to tell ANYONE what kind of HC they can get?

    NOPE.

    Oh, and after Jan 1, 2014 you better watch your profits.........

    They will be going to my HC after that! LMAO!@
    Ah, I see. You complain about other's pay, don't have an interest in doing so, won't answer the question, and then throw a red herring. I knew this was going into the direction of snide remarks, thanks for conceding.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #772
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    After reading some of the comments over the last several days, I've come to the conclusion that I just don't know what the right thing to do would be. I want to make access to birth control easier, but I don't want insurance premiums to go through the roof because we're covering this, that and everything else; although I still don't see covering BC under HC insurance plans to be the HUGE problem that some seem to make it out to be.
    Chris, thank you for keeping an open mind on this. It's not a huge problem to start, though there are a few problems. Catholics 1st amendment rights are violated, no matter what the church has to fund either abortion or BC as someone pointed out(here I believe?).

    The next problem is that when a lot of mandates don't match actual health problems the costs over time pile up, the compilation is what is what skews the risk pool, then there is what I've been referring to as the aggregate. The aggregate is something I intentionally glossed over because I wanted to see how many people would dismiss it to keep the argument going. The aggregate is the sum total of all expenditures, so the same company that has to spend money on emergency surgery now has to pay for every treatment of BC which could be 30/mo. or it could be 150/mo. or it could be an annual for thousands, but it now HAS to be paid for, along with other issues that are medically necessary. Once these costs start to pile up they have to either be made up with higher premiums, or cuts in coverage or creative denials(legitimate) elsewhere. It is actually a bigger problem than most think.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #773
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    The intelligent person asks:

    Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's contraception or should we pay for her child's medical care, food, schooling.

    And an abortion is cheaper than 1 month of welfare for a mother and her unwanted child.

    Shouldn't we be promoting abortions in poorer areas?

  4. #774
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    You can choose to 'pay' elsewhere. No one is forcing anyone to pay anyone anything. Up until PPACA that is.
    But I cant pay elsewhere, the monopoly still stands with the ACA. They also collude and rig prices legally. So the 2 choices any person has in a state is meaningless.

  5. #775
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Chris, thank you for keeping an open mind on this. It's not a huge problem to start, though there are a few problems. Catholics 1st amendment rights are violated, no matter what the church has to fund either abortion or BC as someone pointed out(here I believe?).

    .
    The catholics have no right to tell others what to do about HC.
    They can yap all they want. Thats a right.
    The jew working at a hospital they own has the right to be a jew AND to get full HC that they want.



    Denying others HC is the right of no one. Louis the 16th had the right you think you have, and we know what happened to him.

  6. #776
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    The catholics have no right to tell others what to do about HC.
    They can yap all they want. Thats a right.
    The jew working at a hospital they own has the right to be a jew AND to get full HC that they want.



    Denying others HC is the right of no one. Louis the 16th had the right you think you have, and we know what happened to him.
    Just stop. I was an agent, birth control is NOT healthcare unless it is PRESCRIBED by a doctor as MEDICALLY NECESSARY. That was already covered before the mandate, and anything else is an elective, I'm not entertaining your opinions on what people should be paid and what should be covered. I worked the industry, you read a blog.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #777
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    After reading some of the comments over the last several days, I've come to the conclusion that I just don't know what the right thing to do would be. I want to make access to birth control easier, but I don't want insurance premiums to go through the roof because we're covering this, that and everything else; although I still don't see covering BC under HC insurance plans to be the HUGE problem that some seem to make it out to be.
    Cost is irrelivant in this issue. it is about one person haveing CONTROL over anothers HC.
    Justl ike employers love CONTROL over peoples HC, if I fire you, your family will die of lack of HC. That is the bat they hold over all USA citizens.
    But this will be eliminated by there own greed when the ACA kicks in. They will dump everyone on to exchanges and then they lose all control.

    the catholics as owners of hospitals use this employer power for religious reasons to control others.....and deny them birth control.

  8. #778
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    Cost is irrelivant in this issue. it is about one person haveing CONTROL over anothers HC.
    Justl ike employers love CONTROL over peoples HC, if I fire you, your family will die of lack of HC. That is the bat they hold over all USA citizens.
    But this will be eliminated by there own greed when the ACA kicks in. They will dump everyone on to exchanges and then they lose all control.

    the catholics as owners of hospitals use this employer power for religious reasons to control others.....and deny them birth control.
    Cost is irrelevent? Cost is NEVER irrelevent in business.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #779
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Just stop. I was an agent, birth control is NOT healthcare unless it is PRESCRIBED by a doctor as MEDICALLY NECESSARY. That was already covered before the mandate, and anything else is an elective, I'm not entertaining your opinions on what people should be paid and what should be covered. I worked the industry, you read a blog.
    Yes it is HC. And the Dr is not involved in the decision to have a kid or not. Only the couple is. He just makes sure the pill will not have adverse effects.

    This comment exposes your lack of WHO IS IN CONTROL of their body.......answer is the PERSON is. Not the stupid Dr.......


    Your mind is contaminated by the USA HC system. I dont read any blog. I LIVED WITH REAL UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE. No greedy scum Dr's, no extorsion.......

  10. #780
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Cost is irrelevent? Cost is NEVER irrelevent in business.
    $30 month is irrelivant.

    (allowing for modest profit, no extorsion)

Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •