View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #51
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, I read it all. What did I miss?
    The whole insurance part.

    How about this, you explain insurance to us so we know you actually get the topic.

    And yes, Cpwill does in fact want a world like that.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #52
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    I don't think that anyone has so far said nor implied that anyone's liberty is threatened by someone else having birth control.

    What is a threat to liberty is forcing one person to pay for something for someone else.

    If Ms. Fluke wants birth control, she can pay for it out of her own pocket. There's no rational reason why she should be taken the least bit seriously in demanding that someone else be forced to buy it for her.
    So you're for shutting down the entire insurance industry then? After all, your drugs, including Viagra are paid for partly by someone else. Let's see just how internally tangled you are.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #53
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Having your health maintained is not an inalienable right. Stop saying it is.
    Okay. Let's shut down insurance coverage for all non-life savings drugs.

    Only drugs that save your life at a critical moment can be covered.

    Nothing for sexual health. Nothing for cholesterol. Nothing for aches and pains. Unless the drug is required to save your life at that very second, it cannot be covered. Happy?

    Let's keep going. All non-life savings operations cannot be covered under insurance. Broken foot? Not life threatening. Therefore not covered.
    Broken Rib? Sorry.
    Amputated arm where the bleeding has stopped? Sorry.

    After all, that's just maintaining your life.

    Don't you hate it when people take your stupid comments, turn them around on you and make you look like a bumbling idiot?

    What I don't get about you people is you'd rather be forced to pay more overall to cover the negative outcomes of your choices then voluntarily accept a system where you cover some costs of others and pay less over all while not affecting your personal life.

    Not only do you get a worse outcome, but you're worse off financially, It's like you people are completely unable to do a CvB analysis.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 09-04-12 at 07:19 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Let's take it step by step. The OP question is "Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?". This is one of two things, either a complete misunderstanding of the issue or a straw man. No one suggests that "we" should pay for her contraception except for some one advocating for single payer type systems(which is an entirely separate issue and has nothing to do with Fluke).
    I know all of that. You might of noticed I avoided defending anyone that did make that mistake.

    I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, saying that he did not construct a dishonest poll question, but instead just does not understand the issue. His response to me suggested that we roll back time to the 18th century. You are talking about something entirely different that has exactly jack and **** to do with the question asked and my response. Nothing I said had anything whatsoever to do with "leaders" or the constitution.
    Actually it kind of does at least to me. You guys are always using this threat that we will never undo what you have put in place as if you are unmovable and that you actually have a sound place to place your feet, but you really don't. You are lucky you have Supreme court cases to your defense because honestly everything is against you from all directions and it doesn't take barely any understanding of the papers and the founders to understand they never wanted any of this stuff and yes government provided health care, education, assistance programs, etc all existed during their time and they spoke against it all. The fact is just because you think we won't repeal the 20th and 21th century means nothing at all. You can think whatever you want and threaten us with whatever you want, but you are still wrong. In the end we don't even need to repeal what you have put in place because if you know anything of democracy you will know the results of it. You are also in the wrong country and have no business enacting this kind of nonsense or anything else you support on these matters. Sorry, if you think I was out of line, but your so called 21 century sure has a hell of a lot in common with centuries ago. Advancement is kind of weird I guess?

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Okay. Let's shut down insurance coverage for all non-life savings drugs.

    Only drugs that save your life at a critical moment can be covered.

    Nothing for sexual health. Nothing for cholesterol. Nothing for aches and pains. Unless the drug is required to save your life at that very second, it cannot be covered. Happy?

    Let's keep going. All non-life savings operations cannot be covered under insurance. Broken foot? Not life threatening. Therefore not covered.
    Broken Rib? Sorry.
    Amputated arm where the bleeding has stopped? Sorry.

    After all, that's just maintaining your life.
    Is that supposed to scare me? Health care is not an inalienable right. Facts are facts. Deal with it.

  6. #56
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Actually it kind of does at least to me. You guys are always using this threat that we will never undo what you have put in place as if you are unmovable and that you actually have a sound place to place your feet, but you really don't. You are lucky you have Supreme court cases to your defense because honestly everything is against you from all directions and it doesn't take barely any understanding of the papers and the founders to understand they never wanted any of this stuff and yes government provided health care, education, assistance programs, etc all existed during their time and they spoke against it all. The fact is just because you think we won't repeal the 20th and 21th century means nothing at all. You can think whatever you want and threaten us with whatever you want, but you are still wrong. In the end we don't even need to repeal what you have put in place because if you know anything of democracy you will know the results of it. You are also in the wrong country and have no business enacting this kind of nonsense or anything else you support on these matters. Sorry, if you think I was out of line, but your so called 21 century sure has a hell of a lot in common with centuries ago. Advancement is kind of weird I guess?
    See the bolded words? I stopped reading right there. I am not "you guys". Care to respond to me and what I say, fine. I take no responsibility for others, nor are they responsible for me. I give you the same credit. Just because you are a Libertarian does not mean that you are responsible for all the insane **** that Libertarians come up with.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Oddly, since we do not live in a society where people are refused medical treatment, we are going to pay for it one way or another if people can't afford it. That kinda ruins the right wing rhetoric on the topic.
    You mean a government policy that we are against? lol

  8. #58
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    and the founders to understand they never wanted any of this stuff and yes government provided health care, education, assistance programs, etc all existed during their time and they spoke against it all.
    Really? The founders' had a time where government provided health care, education, assistance etc? Care to cite a country where that actually happened or are you just making **** up?

    but your so called 21 century sure has a hell of a lot in common with centuries ago. Advancement is kind of weird I guess?
    Can you name such commonalities or are you just making **** up?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    See the bolded words? I stopped reading right there. I am not "you guys". Care to respond to me and what I say, fine. I take no responsibility for others, nor are they responsible for me. I give you the same credit. Just because you are a Libertarian does not mean that you are responsible for all the insane **** that Libertarians come up with.
    So you don't support social programs on the federal level and the state level? I don't support them at all and neither does any other libertarian.

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You mean a government policy that we are against? lol
    Once again your reply does not follow from what I said...or at least I don't think so, though I admit I have no clue what you are saying since I have not talked about a "government policy". Here is a neat idea...how about responding to what I write?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •