View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #491
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    09-10-12 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    317

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Well then everybody should pay for every medical drug and procedure out of their own pocket.

    After all it's their responsibility.

    Let's do away with HMO's, they're socialistic anyway.

    Lousy example. Sex acts are never a life or death situation.

    Bob is right, and you are wrong.

  2. #492
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    "Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?"

    Actually society shouldn't have to, although it would be a benefit to humanity if she didn't reproduce_

    After all, supporting her children for 21 years would cost alot more than a lifetime supply of condoms_

    She comes across as a lazy dependent welfare queen looking for a free ride off the American taxpayer_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  3. #493
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Crikey. The mandate you cite was for MEDICAID. Your inability to comprehend this baffles me.




    On MEDICAID. Good grief, you DON'T know what Medicaid is.
    Of course I know what Medicaid is. Do you know what private insurance is? Because that's who the states were mandating to. But you would know that if you had really read the links I provided.

    It mentioned birth control once as a separate thing, and then it never mentioned birth control again: Which you might have known if you had ever read it. But you didn't. You just posted it on the title alone.
    The point was that birth control drugs are catagorized with fertility drugs since both involve and effect the ovaries, the menstral cycle and reproduction. Is that clear enough for you or do you need pictures?

    Oh, OK. "I know you are, but what am I?" At least didn't type out the baby talk phonetically this time, so you're improving a tiny bit.

    Anyway, that's all I require from you here. No more time to waste on you.
    I have to admit Harshaw, reading your posts is like fingernails across a chalkboard. There's only so much of you I can take as well. Later gator.

  4. #494
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    so, because you have' no need for it', you shouldnt pay for it...you do realize that you are pooled with other people to spread risk around, right? you understand that what you 'need', may be different from others in that risk pool, correct?
    Yes and I should be pooled with people who have a similar risk profile.
    Not with people who have a different risk profile.

    People with greater risks should pay more, while those with less risk should pay less.
    That's how insurance is supposed to work.
    By your logic, me being a smoker, shouldn't matter and I should have to pay the same premiums as non smokers.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #495
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I linked a fact check article which basically says that, there is no clear evidence that providing birth, out of pocket free, reduces unwanted pregnancies.
    There is no clear answer, that it is cost neutral, positive or negative.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #496
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Yes and I should be pooled with people who have a similar risk profile.
    Not with people who have a different risk profile.
    Then you missed the whole point of "spreading the risk" which is the foundation insurance is built upon.



    People with greater risks should pay more, while those with less risk should pay less.
    That's how insurance is supposed to work.
    By your logic, me being a smoker, shouldn't matter and I should have to pay the same premiums as non smokers.
    Insurance companies spread the cost as well.

  7. #497
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Of course. You are paying for the services that you receive. They pool the money (as well as make a tidy profit) so that the business can work, but you don't pay for anyone else's ****.
    Actually, some of us do, because we buy health insurance, at a monthly premium, and we rarely ever use it, while others use it regularly, so essentially, I am paying for someone else's health care, just by the fact that I am healthy, and others on the same plan are not, but we pay the same monthly premium.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  8. #498
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Then you missed the whole point of "spreading the risk" which is the foundation insurance is built upon.
    You missed the entire, modern concept of insurance, risk based pricing and the purpose of actuaries.
    Practically every other insurance model includes risk groups, some have higher risk, others have lower risk.

    When you add coverage, you change your specific risk group and the pricing that goes along with it.
    So yes, you do spread the risk, but it is generally with people in your risk pool, not with every single soul who purchases insurance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Insurance companies spread the cost as well.
    Yes, but they change prices based on risk group and coverage.
    That's why females, used to pay more, because as a whole, they are a greater risk to the insurer.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #499
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I linked a fact check article which basically says that, there is no clear evidence that providing birth, out of pocket free, reduces unwanted pregnancies.
    There is no clear answer, that it is cost neutral, positive or negative.
    So why do women take birth control if it doesn't reduce unwanted pregnancies? For every month a woman is on the pill she is preventing an unwanted pregancy.

  10. #500
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So why do women take birth control if it doesn't reduce unwanted pregnancies? For every month a woman is on the pill she is preventing an unwanted pregancy.
    You're mixing individual results, with group results.
    An individual woman can take birth control and eliminate unwanted pregnancies.

    As a group and in this specific situation, providing free (at point of service) birth control, through insurance, does not necessarily reduce additional unwanted pregnancies.
    Why?
    Because the group of people, who are the primary beneficiaries of this mandate, are more likely to already be taking birth control.
    All this mandate has done, is spread the cost of birth control to other people, who do not need birth control.

    We keep diluting risk group pricing with these mandates, so less risky people, end of paying more.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 50 of 82 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •