View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #41
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    unless, of course, one is concerned about things such as individual liberty, religious freedom, etc. but hey, **** those things, where's my free stuff?
    Again, only you want to live in a world where we just let people die because they can't afford to pay at that very second.

    The rest of us don't. Stop applying your crazy fantasy criteria framework to everyone else.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Perhaps you should actually read what I wrote. You know, rather than just make up whatever you think I wrote. Reading Comprehension. Try it.
    Yes, I read it all. What did I miss?

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Again, only you want to live in a world where we just let people die because they can't afford to pay at that very second.

    The rest of us don't. Stop applying your crazy fantasy criteria framework to everyone else.
    He doesn't either. Hyperbole alert!

  4. #44
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Who's liberty is threatened by women having birth control?
    I don't think that anyone has so far said nor implied that anyone's liberty is threatened by someone else having birth control.

    What is a threat to liberty is forcing one person to pay for something for someone else.

    If Ms. Fluke wants birth control, she can pay for it out of her own pocket. There's no rational reason why she should be taken the least bit seriously in demanding that someone else be forced to buy it for her.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,471

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?


    Yes, if private insurance companies are part of the AHCA insurance exchange and everyone must buy insurance then the insurance companies must offer birth control coverage just as they would any other prescription. Women's reproductive health is a pre-existing condition and inalienable. The constitution protects inalienable rights, doesn't it?

  6. #46
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I don't see how saying we invented two centuries makes sense so I can say whatever I want in response.
    Let's take it step by step. The OP question is "Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?". This is one of two things, either a complete misunderstanding of the issue or a straw man. No one suggests that "we" should pay for her contraception except for some one advocating for single payer type systems(which is an entirely separate issue and has nothing to do with Fluke). I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, saying that he did not construct a dishonest poll question, but instead just does not understand the issue. His response to me suggested that we roll back time to the 18th century. You are talking about something entirely different that has exactly jack and **** to do with the question asked and my response. Nothing I said had anything whatsoever to do with "leaders" or the constitution.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?


    Yes, if private insurance companies are part of the AHCA insurance exchange and everyone must buy insurance then the insurance companies must offer birth control coverage just as they would any other prescription. Women's reproductive health is a pre-existing condition and inalienable. The constitution protects inalienable rights, doesn't it?
    To all liberals(or in this case undisclosed people): Stop using the term "inalienable rights" and attaching it to services of our creation. It's not funny and to people that know what inalienable rights are it makes us face palm. Stop it.

    Having your health maintained is not an inalienable right. Stop saying it is.
    Last edited by Henrin; 09-04-12 at 07:06 AM.

  8. #48
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    unless, of course, one is concerned about things such as individual liberty, religious freedom, etc. but hey, **** those things, where's my free stuff?
    Maybe you where not aware of this, but insurance is not free. It costs money. No one is asking for a free handout.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    NOBODY'S PAYING FOR ****ING SANDRA ****ING FLUKES ****ING CONTRACEPTION...

    HOLY JESUS.

    There's nothing wrong with mandating Medical Insurance Companies to pay for contraception the same way they would pay for any other basic drugs that are nessecary for people to have, some of these HMO's cover Viagra for gods sake, so why not contraceptive pills?

    Doing such a thing, expanding access to contraceptives is a massive net benefit to the economy as it reduces unwanted pregnancies, reduces the need for abortions which is a net positive for the medical insurance companies obviously abortion procedures cost more than a measly pill.

    This whole idea that everyone pays for Sandra Flukes Contraceptives is such a fallacy it's unbelievable.
    What is wrong with mandating such a thing is that is exactly the reason why health insurance costs so much in the first place. Insurance is for the catastrophic illness or injury not to cover every day items. If auto insurance were mandated to cover the cost of wiper fluid and oil changes, what would happen to the cost of that insurance? If homeowners insurance were mandated to cover the cost of routine lawn maintenance, what would happen to the cost of that insurance? The resason that people have trouble paying health insurance premiums is because they cover too much. Those who want health insurance costs to fall should be the first in line to reject the idea that insurance should cover things that are so easily paid for out of pocket.

  10. #50
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Again, only you want to live in a world where we just let people die because they can't afford to pay at that very second.

    The rest of us don't. Stop applying your crazy fantasy criteria framework to everyone else.
    Oddly, since we do not live in a society where people are refused medical treatment, we are going to pay for it one way or another if people can't afford it. That kinda ruins the right wing rhetoric on the topic.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •