View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #471
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I do, in the vast majority of cases it is used to prevent pregnancy but it can also be used to regulate menses or treat acne (which isn't used often at all). Birth control for contraceptive purposes is not needed for health, it's an elective medication that doesn't serve a therapeutic purpose just like Viagra or eye lash lengtheners.
    So how do you distinguish between the both?

    Honestly, I don't believe that the "vast majority" take it because of BC. But even so, say 1/4 of women take it to regulate their periods, why should they have to pay?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  2. #472
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I don't buy that for a second.
    Really and who taught you about sex? Or was it trial and error for you?


    Yes, the people doing all the stupid **** like you mentioned represents the movement as a whole. Right..
    Yes it does represent the whole movement, because those in the movement don't denounce the racists and racism in their midst, instead they either pretend it doesn't exist or deny it, like your doing.



    WTF? I didn't even mention that.
    Thats probably because you didn't know what you were talking about.

  3. #473
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I do, in the vast majority of cases it is used to prevent pregnancy but it can also be used to regulate menses or treat acne (which isn't used often at all). Birth control for contraceptive purposes is not needed for health, it's an elective medication that doesn't serve a therapeutic purpose just like Viagra or eye lash lengtheners.
    Why do women take birth control pills?

    In the United States in 2004, approximately 12 million women were actively using oral contraception, or the birth control pill. Over 44 million American woman had used it at some point in their lives. Overall, it has been one of the leading forms of contraception for American women, coming just ahead of female sterilization and condoms.[1]

    Most women rely on the birth control pill or other forms of contraception to prevent pregnancy until they reach a point in their lives where they can offer their child or children better financial security and a stable, loving home life. Taken consistently, oral contraceptives are among the most reliable methods of pregnancy prevention, together with other methods of hormonal contraception such as Depo Provera shots or Implanon subcutaneous implants.

    Many women, however, take the birth control pill for reasons unrelated or only peripherally related to birth control. For them, the use of hormonal birth control is a medical issue, saving them from painful if not potentially life-threatening health problems

    Why do women take birth control pills?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  4. #474
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disputatious71 View Post
    Do you really know the meaning of inalienable ? Before you said it was reproductive organs and when I disputed that statement now you say it is gender. Iit must be hard to defend shifting positions I admire the way you try though.
    It really has nothing to do with your argument. I switched to saying gender because it didn't change my arguement, it sounded better and was shorter to write than reproductive organs. Sorry if it confused you.

  5. #475
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    But even so, say 1/4 of women take it to regulate their periods, why should they have to pay?
    How can they not pay?

    One way or another, it costs money. If you're getting it through insurance, then that insurance policy has to charge you a premium which reflects what it costs the insurance to cover it. This will almost certainly be more than what it would cost you to simply pay for it yourself directly. If you're getting it through a government-based medical program, then you're paying higher taxes, in an amount that reflects the cost of government covering it. Again, this is almost certainly more than it would cost you to buy it directly.

    I think your problem is that you live in a society that has a government-based health care system that has you so far removed from the actual cost of anything that you have no clue what your health-based services and products actually cost. This prevents removes, from the actual provider, any incentive to keep costs reasonable. You have no clue how a free market works, or how prices are controlled by basic supply & demand thereunder.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  6. #476
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Can I pay to sterilize the people who think that having insurance cover certain meds = all of us paying for those meds? It'd be a public service.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #477
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    How can they not pay?

    One way or another, it costs money. If you're getting it through insurance, then that insurance policy has to charge you a premium which reflects what it costs the insurance to cover it. This will almost certainly be more than what it would cost you to simply pay for it yourself directly. If you're getting it through a government-based medical program, then you're paying higher taxes, in an amount that reflects the cost of government covering it. Again, this is almost certainly more than it would cost you to buy it directly.

    I think your problem is that you live in a society that has a government-based health care system that has you so far removed from the actual cost of anything that you have no clue what your health-based services and products actually cost. This prevents removes, from the actual provider, any incentive to keep costs reasonable. You have no clue how a free market works, or how prices are controlled by basic supply & demand thereunder.
    You know, I am getting different messages from people re health insurance, and frankly, I don't know what to believe anymore....
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  8. #478
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No, it does not speak to anything I said.

    I said this:

    OK, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Employers provided coverage which didn't include contraceptives; that's a fact, thus your premise is negated.

    The mandate required them to provide that coverage.
    You show me the exact words in that to which you linked which "proves" any of this "wrong."
    Sorry, but I don't play by your rules. First you said "Employers provided coverage which didn't include contraceptives; that's a fact." And then you said, "The mandate required them to provide that coverage."

    So which is it? Explain how the state mandated the insurance companies to provide birth control coverage and then how the employer provided coverage didn't include it. Where do you think the employer provided insurance comes from?

    So what? If you think this has anything to do with what I said, you either didn't understand what I said, or you don't understand your link.
    It probably had something to do with your claim that there wasn't a mandate to cover Viagra.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    There's no mandate to cover Viagra.
    You were wrong.

    The law review case note to which you linked does not concern birth control, and in fact mentions "birth control" exactly once, in passing, and "contraceptives" a couple of times in footnotes when discussing OTHER things. Did you read it? I suspect you did not. I suspect you Googled and just posted the first thing you found which kinda sorta maybe said something like what you wanted to say. (Did you even know it WAS a law review case note?)
    You were wrong on the connection between birth control and fertility drugs and I corrected you.

    And all that aside, it has absolutely NOT ONE WHIT, not the merest iota, to do with what I posted. Zip. Zero. Nada. Nothing in this post nor your previous post. Nothing.
    Well, you're wrong again.

  9. #479
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,560

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Sorry, but I don't play by your rules. First you said "Employers provided coverage which didn't include contraceptives; that's a fact." And then you said, "The mandate required them to provide that coverage."

    So which is it? Explain how the state mandated the insurance companies to provide birth control coverage and then how the employer provided coverage didn't include it. Where do you think the employer provided insurance comes from?
    Do you understand that the statements followed some semblance of chronological order? Nope. Nope, you do not. You did not, because you didn't understand my post.


    It probably had something to do with your claim that there wasn't a mandate to cover Viagra.....
    There wasn't. Not for employers. What you cited was about Medicaid, not private insurance. This, too, appears to be something beyond your comprehension. Do you know what Medicaid is? It appears you may not.


    You were wrong on the connection between birth control and fertility drugs and I corrected you.
    That's just plain idiotic. Even your own link -- the law review case note -- drew a distinction between the two, further evidencing that you didn't even read it.


    Well, you're wrong again.
    The ramblings of someone who 1) doesn't understand simple words in front of her (like "employers" and "Medicaid") and 2) doesn't even bother to read the very things she herself posts as "evidence" do not make me "wrong."
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #480
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Can I pay to sterilize the people who think that having insurance cover certain meds = all of us paying for those meds? It'd be a public service.
    If you pay a premium you are paying for everything covered in the policy. If you have a prescription drugs rider you are paying for your own and other's pharmalogical products covered, if you don't add the rider or buy a policy that has said coverage you aren't paying for anyone's medicine. With the mandate you are now paying for birth control for others because it is a federal mandate.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •