View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #411
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Ok, but here is thing. People will always push businesses or just people in general to give them what they want or need. It means nothing to the debate at all. They have no right to push this crap on other people and I don't care nor does it matter if its insurance company, a religious institution, or your grandma. They can not tell them what to do so they get a benefit. We have rights and you appear to think its fine if we just violate them if it works out for the rest of us. Its not and never will be.

    Your argument was ****. There is no amount of difference at all between anything you can list that you think is fine to push on insurance companies so peoples health is covered. It's all ****.
    You're arguing that we shouldn't, which in general, I might agree with. The fact though is that we *CAN* do it if society, through it's official arm, the government, wants to. You can argue all day and all night that they shouldn't do it, doesn't mean that they can't and certainly not that they won't.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #412
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You're arguing that we shouldn't, which in general, I might agree with. The fact though is that we *CAN* do it if society, through it's official arm, the government, wants to. You can argue all day and all night that they shouldn't do it, doesn't mean that they can't and certainly not that they won't.
    The government has no authority to do it, but sure they will do it. I can't imagine powers listed will stop them now.I was really unaware a good argument was "the government can do whatever it feels like because it can" but people sure do enjoy it.
    Last edited by Henrin; 09-05-12 at 02:14 AM.

  3. #413
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The government has no authority to do it, but sure they will do it. I can't imagine powers listed will stop them now.I was really unaware a good argument was "the government can do whatever it feels like because it can" but people sure do enjoy it.
    Apparently they do have the authority, the people who elected them gave it to them. You don't seriously think the Constitution has any real power today, do you?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #414
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,515

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Apparently they do have the authority, the people who elected them gave it to them. You don't seriously think the Constitution has any real power today, do you?
    It is such a sad state of affairs with both party's doing an end run around the Constitution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #415
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It is such a sad state of affairs with both party's doing an end run around the Constitution.
    Entirely agreed, but the reality is that's what they do and the American people not only allow it, they encourage it.

    Welcome to modern-day America.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #416
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    And who was suing Obama to keep from having to fund it again?
    By failing to buy you an automobile, have I banned you from owning one?

  7. #417
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Loaded question.

  8. #418
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,027

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    What's wrong with the word fornicate? I also used the word boink, I could use the word coitus also but I suspect the classic word would get deleted. I am not clear on what your point is and I suspect you have but a fleeting idea yourself.
    Is that how you ask your wife/girlfriend to have sex? "Hey, honey, I rented Amelie, made some dinner...wanna fornicate afterwards?"

    Why the focus on birth control anyway? Why not the thousand other things that people are covered under?

  9. #419
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Mandating covered birth control is one of the most absurd and illogical stances I've ever seen. We don't mandate the coverage of other maintenance meds, in fact some name brand ones may not be covered at all. Contraception is an individual responsibility, and as such it's up to the individual to pay (or not pay) for it, contraception shouldn't receive some special treatment or mandated coverage.
    What quantifies as "maintenance meds?"
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  10. #420
    Sage
    Disputatious71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,747
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    It might not be a right, but it's the law that people must buy health insurance and insurance companies can no longer discriminate against those with pre-existing conditions.

    Inalienable: unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor: "inalienable human rights".

    A woman's reproductive organs are inalienable and self evident and the constitution protects inalienable rights...such as the inalienable right to reproduce or not reproduce. . Women are born with reproductive organs which qualifies them as having a pre-existing condition that private insurance companies can no longer discriminate against.


    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

    Life, liberty and pursuit of happiness = birth control


    so any private insurance company that is a part of the government insurance exchange will have to offer birth control coverage or get the crap sued out them by the ACLU. You don't have to buy or use the coverage but it must be offered to those who want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Gender is inalienable because you do not get to chose your sex when you are born. It is by definition a pre-existing condition. Hysterectomys do not change a woman's sex anymore than a vasectomy changes a mans.

    Soon there will be a birth control pill for men and I think health insurance should cover that as well. Seeing if men would take it would make for an interesting thread, too.
    .
    Do you really know the meaning of inalienable ? Before you said it was reproductive organs and when I disputed that statement now you say it is gender. Iit must be hard to defend shifting positions I admire the way you try though.
    The question is more important than the answer!

Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •