View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #401
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    1) This speaks to nothing I said in what you quoted.

    2) Your link is about Medicaid, not a mandate on employers.

    3) It's a state issue and entirely unlike Obamacare.

    4) It's about female fertility drugs, not "birth control."
    It not only speaks to what you said, it proves you wrong.

    The state mandates came in response to and after the 1998 Viagra mandate. Scroll down to show all the dates of the state mandates and find they are all after the 1998 Viagra mandate...

    Insurance Coverage for Contraception State Laws


    Birth control pills are classified with fertility drugs because they control the menstral cycle to help doctors time the effectiveness of the fertility drugs and prevent cysts from forming before and after.....


    "Birth control pills are commonly used by fertility specialists to help schedule and coordinate treatment cycles. For example, at IVF1, our in-vitro fertilization (IVF) patients are grouped together. A group will start treatment every two weeks. If a woman has her period begin more than a few days before a start date, she will be placed on birth control pills for up to two weeks. This prevents eggs from developing and allows us to start her treatment at any time.

    Birth control pills can also be used to prevent problems with other medications. For example, Lupron® is a medication used to suppress the pituitary gland and therefore prevent ovulation while using medication to prepare the uterus or stimulate the development of multiple eggs. One side effect of Lupron® is the potential for ovarian cysts to develop when it is started. Using birth control pills before and during the early use of Lupron® will prevent cysts from forming."......read

    Q&A: Can birth control pills be used in fertility treatment? | BabyZone

  2. #402
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Didnt answer the question because I dont know how "we" pay for it or what that even means


    but Im all for BC being covered on health insurance. Why not?

    "Could" cut down on abortions, foster care, welfare/child aid and medical costs for having a child

    sounds good to me
    oh yeah and it also helps many women improve some of thier health issues.



    is there any solid reasons why it shouldn't be covered as opposed to other things already covered?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #403
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Some would notice that blacks are not held down from pulling themselves up to the top and they are smart enough to not have more kids than they can afford. When you make dumb choices you pay of them and the person in your example made some really dumb choices. She then went and failed completely on moving up.
    There's plenty of evidence that shows that low income and poor blacks aren't getting the education they need to make informed choices.

    Honestly the pro-life movement is racist? Do you have any idea of the history of the two movements? The pro-choice movement was started as an ant-woman movement and certain parts of its history have been very anti-minority. If you don't know the history of PP it might be in your interest to look into that.
    Yes, the pro-life movement is racist to the core. Anyone with eyes can see they mainly target black neighborhoods with their propaganda, death threats and bombing of clinics.


    Here's how the black women's pro-choice movement really started and they don't look very anti-minority to me.....

    National Black Women's Health Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  4. #404
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    It not only speaks to what you said, it proves you wrong.
    No, it does not speak to anything I said.

    I said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    OK, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Employers provided coverage which didn't include contraceptives; that's a fact, thus your premise is negated.

    The mandate required them to provide that coverage.
    You show me the exact words in that to which you linked which "proves" any of this "wrong."

    The state mandates came in response to and after the 1998 Viagra mandate. Scroll down to show all the dates of the state mandates and find they are all after the 1998 Viagra mandate...

    Insurance Coverage for Contraception State Laws
    So what? If you think this has anything to do with what I said, you either didn't understand what I said, or you don't understand your link.


    Birth control pills are classified with fertility drugs because they control the menstral cycle to help doctors time the effectiveness of the fertility drugs and prevent cysts from forming before and after.....
    The law review case note to which you linked does not concern birth control, and in fact mentions "birth control" exactly once, in passing, and "contraceptives" a couple of times in footnotes when discussing OTHER things. Did you read it? I suspect you did not. I suspect you Googled and just posted the first thing you found which kinda sorta maybe said something like what you wanted to say. (Did you even know it WAS a law review case note?)

    And all that aside, it has absolutely NOT ONE WHIT, not the merest iota, to do with what I posted. Zip. Zero. Nada. Nothing in this post nor your previous post. Nothing.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    There's plenty of evidence that shows that low income and poor blacks aren't getting the education they need to make informed choices.
    I don't buy that for a second.

    Yes, the pro-life movement is racist to the core. Anyone with eyes can see they mainly target black neighborhoods with their propaganda, death threats and bombing of clinics.
    Yes, the people doing all the stupid **** like you mentioned represents the movement as a whole. Right..

    Here's how the black women's pro-choice movement really started and they don't look very anti-minority to me.....

    National Black Women's Health Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    WTF? I didn't even mention that.

  6. #406
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,866

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Some would argue it's the fault of the socio economic conditions that were forced on her....especially in the South where whites control the legislation that makes access to birth control almost impossible. The pro-life agenda seems to be founded on keeping poor black women bare foot, pregnant and uneducated to help perpetuate the cycle of poverty for her and her offspring so they can't compete with whites for the better paying jobs.
    If you can't produce facts, at least check your playbook's date. It's 2012. Identify one state, just one, in which white legislators and/or voters have made access to birth control almost impossible for black women.

    Then show me what any pro-life group has ever said that supports your filthy claim that the pro-life movement has an agenda that intends to keep black women barefoot, pregnant, and ignorant.

  7. #407
    Professor
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Last Seen
    03-14-13 @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Don't disagree. It still irritates me when people say Clinton was prosecuted "for having sex". Simply not true. He was prosecuted for perjury. The topic behind said perjury was/is irrelevant.

    Still... I'm not willing to go look it up because I don't care *that* much, but I'd bet that Rush said the sex talk in front on Congress then was not only justified, but necessary.
    Oh I bet he did, he had it hard for Clinton... and that story ran on for years, that I bet he took multiple stances on it...

    In the end, they all came out looking like the frauds they were... Newt, Rush, Clinton, Ken Starr, and the worst of em all Linda Tripp... what a sad period of ineffective government... (back at a time when they could've been working to better education, on a shared platform, and prevent the 9/11 tragedy...)

  8. #408
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Wow, you have no idea who I am if you think I would support that.

    The government has no place mandating these matters.
    I don't care if you'd support it, it's still what would happen, just as it happened in this case.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #409
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    A stupid non-response to my pointing out that you're factually wrong -- but thanks for admitting it, at least.

    Thank you also for wasting time; I pointed out several posts ago you weren't going to agree, given your obsession against religion and complete lack of any respect for religious freedom, so it was pointless even to try.
    I'm not going to agree because religion deserves no special treatment. We have a secular government, this is a government program, thus any religious objection is immediately deemed irrelevant. Someone's religious views on contraceptives is as irrelevant as someone whose religious views makes them wish their insurance company didn't cover blacks or women or people outside of their religion. It might seem like a nice dream to the religious zealots, but most of us live in the real world.

    Sorry you don't.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I don't care if you'd support it, it's still what would happen, just as it happened in this case.
    Ok, but here is thing. People will always push businesses or just people in general to give them what they want or need. It means nothing to the debate at all. They have no right to push this crap on other people and I don't care nor does it matter if its insurance company, a religious institution, or your grandma. They can not tell them what to do so they get a benefit. We have rights and you appear to think its fine if we just violate them if it works out for the rest of us. Its not and never will be.

    Your argument was ****. There is no amount of difference at all between anything you can list that you think is fine to push on insurance companies so peoples health is covered. It's all ****.
    Last edited by Henrin; 09-05-12 at 02:07 AM.

Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •