View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #381
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Let me know when you come up with a policy that specifically excludes cancer treatment.
    Because its somehow an excuse for government action if an insurance policy is not covering cancer treatment.

  2. #382
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,516

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I am being serious. I'm pointing out that you don't have a choice. You are not specifically funding contraception, it's not an option.
    OK, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Employers provided coverage which didn't include contraceptives; that's a fact, thus your premise is negated.

    The mandate required them to provide that coverage.


    You argue that you're not trying to stop people from using contraception, yet you're trying to get out of allowing it on a general policy.
    The one has nothing to do with the other. I don't stop you from eating by not paying for your food. And it's not about what I'm trying do.

    OK, I take it back. Maybe you don't understand this after all.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #383
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So basically its not weakness that she is having more kids than she can afford to cloth and feed and her dumb ass choices are keeping her poor. Right. You know what? It is weakness, it is stupid and they have no one to blame but themselves. No one owes them **** to cover up their stupid..
    There you go again, blame, blame, blame. If your argument wasn't so damn weak then maybe you could defend it with something of substance and credible evidence. But I've never seen you really do that.

  4. #384
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    There you go again, blame, blame, blame. If your argument wasn't so damn weak then maybe you could defend it with something of substance and credible evidence. But I've never seen you really do that.
    It IS her fault. It is a weakness and it is a lame ass excuse.

    Who else opened her legs and then failed to move out of poverty? I don't think it was me and I don't think it was you. Who was it? Oh right, her.

    And credible evidence that this is weakness, really?

  5. #385
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Yeah, it's kinda hard to argue against the facts, isn't it?
    I see you're one of those people socially incapable of having an adult conversation. Duly noted. Carry on.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #386
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Yes, I get that. What I don't get is why people have a problem with it?
    Let us suppose that instead of birth control, Ms. Fluke would like breast implants. Unlike birth control, getting these implants might very well cost more than she can easily afford to pay for out of her own pocket.

    Would it be fair for her to demand that others pay for her breast implants?

    Can you see why I might have a problem with being compelled to bear part of that cost?

    What if she wants a fancier car than she can easily afford? Or a better computer? Or any other luxury?

    Why should anyone other than herself be forced to buy her the things that she wants?
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  7. #387
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by IndepCentristMA View Post
    No, but I certainly was... along with the numerous MLB steroid hearings, etc.

    I will say, though, that at least with the Clinton Impeachment hearings... there were several legitimate issues that were brought up... that weren't about his enjoyment of cigars... and he was rightly censured for them...

    1) perjury, lying to the grand jury...
    2) abuse of power, by getting her positions she was not qualified for...
    3) sexual harrassment, demoting her position based off of expected sexual contact...

    Again, if he was doing this in his own private property, that's one thing... He was doing this on government property, on government time... and using political powers to get her positions in the DoD that she was not qualified to be working... then once this came to a head (pun intended), he then demoted her position and moved her work location away from DC, to hide what had been going on... That IS completely wrong... and we ALL know what the definition of "is" is...
    Don't disagree. It still irritates me when people say Clinton was prosecuted "for having sex". Simply not true. He was prosecuted for perjury. The topic behind said perjury was/is irrelevant.

    Still... I'm not willing to go look it up because I don't care *that* much, but I'd bet that Rush said the sex talk in front on Congress then was not only justified, but necessary.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #388
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Mandating covered birth control is one of the most absurd and illogical stances I've ever seen. We don't mandate the coverage of other maintenance meds, in fact some name brand ones may not be covered at all. Contraception is an individual responsibility, and as such it's up to the individual to pay (or not pay) for it, contraception shouldn't receive some special treatment or mandated coverage.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #389
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    OK, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Employers provided coverage which didn't include contraceptives; that's a fact, thus your premise is negated.

    The mandate required them to provide that coverage.
    There was a mandate for birth control coverage in 2000 ....but it was only after and in response to the 1998 mandate for Viagra.



    Constitutional Issues Raised by States Exclusion of Fertility Drugs From Medicaid Coverage in Light of Mandated Viagra coverage...

    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...QtyNt0eixod6mg



    The 2000 birth control mandate is exactly nine years before Obamacare and a lot of Republicans voted for it.

  10. #390
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Because its somehow an excuse for government action if an insurance policy is not covering cancer treatment.
    I'm sure if you did have insurance companies specifically excluding cancer treatment, you'd see the government stepping in to insist that they did cover it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •