View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 37 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #361
    Professor
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Last Seen
    03-14-13 @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Dude... you're like... spazzing out.

    Why do you always have to write such long, drawn out, boring and repetitive rebuttals that don't get to the point anyway.

    As pointed out, she'll get the pills from her HMO as long as she signs up and pays her premiums.

    the government is not going to send you a bill for her pills conservrepubMA


    LMFAO... Did you seriously say "Dude... You're like... spazzing out", in regards to a DP post? I know you got this whole pretend to be the big lebowski persona on here, but, I hate to break it to you, the big lebowski was a fictional character... In reality that kind of useless stoner attitude ends up causing problems not solving them...

    It's also a hilarious bit of commentary, from the same person who had some lame tirade with "****ING" spacing out the words of the simpleton response he thought was all encompasing... but fell flat in that regards...

    Oddly enough, I was actually debating an issue on a site called Debate Politics... forgive me, dearly...

    I addressed the point on numerous occasions... You're failing to, by this insistence that she's going to get them by paying her HMO premiums...

    She wasn't arguing to pay for them under her HMO, she was demanding that Georgetown be forced to do away with their religious objection to giving out birth control pills, and they should be forced to provide birth control pills to its students, without co-pay by the school's insurance plan... The reason, because it can be tough for those poor Georgetown Law students to afford...



    To quote Rush Limbaugh;

    "I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit?"


    BTW... it's rather childish to be making accusations that I'm a conservrepubMA just because you're so used to having your posts slapped around by them with regularity... but, this issue isn't something most centrists think the government should be involved in doing, and constitutes a complete waste of money, and a distractiong from the real issues, like fixing the economy and solving the fiscal crisis with the federal government... this is an issue that only appeals to the far left of the spectrum...

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't think having insurance cover birth control is really comparable to that.
    It's the same mindset. In this case people think that if they are getting something it should be exactly what they want and nothing else. Life simply does not work that way. The entitled mindset is like rabies.

  3. #363
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by IndepCentristMA View Post


    LMFAO... Did you seriously say "Dude... You're like... spazzing out", in regards to a DP post? I know you got this whole pretend to be the big lebowski persona on here, but, I hate to break it to you, the big lebowski was a fictional character... In reality that kind of useless stoner attitude ends up causing problems not solving them...

    It's also a hilarious bit of commentary, from the same person who had some lame tirade with "****ING" spacing out the words of the simpleton response he thought was all encompasing... but fell flat in that regards...

    Oddly enough, I was actually debating an issue on a site called Debate Politics... forgive me, dearly...

    I addressed the point on numerous occasions... You're failing to, by this insistence that she's going to get them by paying her HMO premiums...

    She wasn't arguing to pay for them under her HMO, she was demanding that Georgetown be forced to do away with their religious objection to giving out birth control pills, and they should be forced to provide birth control pills to its students, without co-pay by the school's insurance plan... The reason, because it can be tough for those poor Georgetown Law students to afford...



    To quote Rush Limbaugh;

    "I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit?"


    BTW... it's rather childish to be making accusations that I'm a conservrepubMA just because you're so used to having your posts slapped around by them with regularity... but, this issue isn't something most centrists think the government should be involved in doing, and constitutes a complete waste of money, and a distractiong from the real issues, like fixing the economy and solving the fiscal crisis with the federal government... this is an issue that only appeals to the far left of the spectrum...
    Wow... I'm not reading all that.

    I'd much prefer to watch the grass grow.

    Look.

    You and I have never agreed on anything we've ever talked about, I'm not going to convince you of anything, so I'll let my point stand and you can write as many boring, stodgy, uninteresting paragraphs you like.

    But here's an important rule you might want to learn.

    "brevity is the soul of wit".

    And instead rambling on like an incoherent mess, find a point and stick to it rather than flying all over the galaxy like the Starship Enterprise.

    I look forward to not reading your next pointless rant ConservRepubMA.

  4. #364
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by IndepCentristMA View Post
    To quote Rush Limbaugh;

    "I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit?"
    What was Rush saying during the Clinton/Lewinsky controversy?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #365
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    There is just so much weakness in that its unbelievable. Really? Come on people? Really?
    Come on yourself. Is your opinion so weak that you can't defend it with credible evidence, substance or even a bit of logic? This is a debate forum, not your personal sand box where you can just poo and cover it up with insults and think no one will notice the horrible stench.

  6. #366
    Professor
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Last Seen
    03-14-13 @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    My how the times have changed...

    A brief history of the birth control pill - The pill timeline | Need to Know | PBS
    1967 The controversy over the pill takes on a new dimension when African-American activists charge that Planned Parenthood, by providing the pill in poor, minority neighborhoods, is committing genocide.

    Oddly enough... that was the original intention of the birth control movement... keep down the poverty stricken from reproducing, to socially engineer a more mannered society...

    That was the eugenics concept that Margret Sanger argued for...


    Now, for some reason, everyone's okay with that...

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Come on yourself. Is your opinion so weak that you can't defend it with credible evidence, substance or even a bit of logic? This is a debate forum, not your personal sand box where you just poo and cover it up with insults and think no one will notice the horrible stench.
    You're ****ing joking right?

    This is what you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by you
    ...and some see contraception and birth control as a way out of poverty for themselves and their families.....
    How is that not weakness? Explain to me please what else that could possibly be.

  8. #368
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Take a Valium. I said "an issue"... as in discussion/complaints. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Yeah, it's kinda hard to argue against the facts, isn't it?

  9. #369
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,535

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    If it's for religious reasons, then you're more than welcome not to use it, you cannot demand other people not have access.
    No one demands that other people not have access. They simply demand that they not be forced to pay for it.

    You know this. Is there any point to continuing here?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #370
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No one demands that other people not have access. They simply demand that they not be forced to pay for it.

    You know this. Is there any point to continuing here?
    You're not forced to pay for it. Your taxes are collective. You don't get to pick and choose what your taxes go toward, any more than someone can pick not to have their taxes fund the military. You pay, it all goes into a big pile, the government spends it collectively.

    You ought to know that.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 37 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •