View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 36 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #351
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Henrin-
    You asked why should businesses be forced to pay for birth control.

    I answered.

    Fact, we 'force' businesses to do many things like industrial safety, pay into workers comp, routine safety training, and clean air on the shop floor. that costs.

    But it also saves millions when the work force isn't turning over due to on the job injuries that are prevented these days. When workers don't lose everything because a worker, dad as mom stays home in the 'conservative' utopia, gets injured and there is no workers comp to pay the bills until Dad is back on his feet.

    Just seems an odd place to draw a line in the sand. No insurance coverage for women's BC when at least 50% of women get it due to state mandates.

  2. #352
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Short answer: We are steadily moving toward government being our protector and provider, in general. Health care is just a natural and obvious extension of that.



    My memory tells me that BC coverage has been an issue long prior to Viagra... just that Viagra intensified the issue.
    Then find the evidence to back up your memory. Because I can find a lot of articles that say birth control was not mandated coverage until after the government first "mandated" Viagra coverage back in 1998.....



    Constitutional Issues Raised by States Exclusion of Fertility Drugs From Medicaid Coverage in Light of Mandated Viagra coverage...
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...QtyNt0eixod6mg


    "...In the months following FDA approval of Viagra, many pri vate insurance companies 4 and state Medicaid programs 5 chose not to cover the drug. However, on July 2, 1998, officials at the HCFA, the federal agency vested with the authority to administer the Medicaid program and to interpret Medicaid regulations, [6] announced that coverage of the drug would be mandated for state Medicaid programs, viewing Viagra as "medically necessary" to treat male impotence, [7] and emphasizing that in doing so, the agency was "only interpreting" the Medicaid law.[8] On that day, state governors cried foul and a legal showdown between the HCFA and state Medicaid programs began.[9]....
    https://litigation-essentials.lexisn...336c2078a825bd

    "The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission rules that prescription contraception must be covered by health insurance offered by employers.".....
    A brief history of the birth control pill - The pill timeline | Need to Know | PBS


    Insurance Coverage for Contraception State Laws

  3. #353
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    For reasons you won't agree with.
    If it's for religious reasons, then you're more than welcome not to use it, you cannot demand other people not have access.

    In case you haven't noticed, we have a secular government.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Henrin-
    You asked why should businesses be forced to pay for birth control.

    I answered.

    Fact, we 'force' businesses to do many things like industrial safety, pay into workers comp, routine safety training, and clean air on the shop floor. that costs.

    But it also saves millions when the work force isn't turning over due to on the job injuries that are prevented these days. When workers don't lose everything because a worker, dad as mom stays home in the 'conservative' utopia, gets injured and there is no workers comp to pay the bills until Dad is back on his feet.

    Just seems an odd place to draw a line in the sand. No insurance coverage for women's BC when at least 50% of women get it due to state mandates.
    You clearly have no idea where my line in the sand is. You need to spend some time reading up on minarchism. I simply do not support these kind of ideas.

  5. #355
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I think he has me on his ignore list, so I don't expect he'll be responding.
    If only we were all so lucky.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    If only we were all so lucky.
    He never talks to me.

  7. #357
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Schutzengel View Post
    and I dont disagree with you, it was a not so serious question with the only thing either of us can do is GUESS... there is no way to know for sure, for either of us since she didnt declare her political ideology ...
    If truth be known I doubt she has a political ideology. But it does appear she has a religious one.

  8. #358
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    ...and some see contraception and birth control as a way out of poverty for themselves and their families.....
    There is just so much weakness in that its unbelievable. Really? Come on people? Really?

  9. #359
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    He never talks to me.
    Oh, he doesn't talk to me either, which makes it all the easier to ignore anything stupid he says.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #360
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Then find the evidence to back up your memory. Because I can find a lot of articles that say birth control was not mandated coverage until after the government first "mandated" Viagra coverage back in 1998.....
    Take a Valium. I said "an issue"... as in discussion/complaints. Nothing more, nothing less.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 36 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •