View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #261
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    That's a disgusting, dumb, and indefensible generalization.
    Yeah, it's kind of ironic the poor woman with her fifteen kids lives in Tampa, famous for it's strip joints and....the RNC convention. LOL She could be the poster girl for conservative values.

  2. #262
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You're wrong. You claimed that there were more unwanted pregnancies now than in the past. I asked to see some statistics.
    Oddly, I said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    They were far less of a problem when people carried the consequences of their own choices.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #263
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    OK, I guess you think anyone who doesn't get free birth control is doomed to having an unwanted child and being forced to live on government assistance. Because everyone does stupid things, I guess, and no one can think and plan for themselves without the government looking out for them. Or, you know, prioritize their incomes from the jobs they must have if this even applies in the first place.

    I, myself, don't think of people in general as such drooling morons. But to hear some of you say it, most, if not all, women are.

    What about drugs needed because of smoking and/or weight related causes. Think government programs should stop insuring them?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Subsidizing birth control for middle and upper income women, who are already far more likely to be on birth control and can afford it, will not reduce the rates of unwanted pregnancies of poor women.

    It's a leap of logic, to assume it would.
    Women eat up the women's health issue, thus it was an attempt to pander to women.
    Birth control is, affordable, is already widely available, does not cripple the finances of middle and upper income women.

    There was no logical reason to mandate, it be free at point of service.
    Middle and upper class women are not the only ones who have health insurance coverage and pay to have that coverage.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Oddly, I said:
    They were far less of a problem when people carried the consequences of their own choices.
    Okay, when was that? Some time in the past, right?

  6. #266
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    What about drugs needed because of smoking and/or weight related causes. Think government programs should stop insuring them?
    Who's talking about "government programs"? This is about private employers and the insurance they provide for their employees.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #267
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Okay, when was that? Some time in the past, right?
    I showed you a timeline. The claim was that the taxpayers were going to be on the hook for all these children which were going to pop forth if all women don't get their birth control for free. The timeline tracks pretty well with the history of government assistance.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #268
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Middle and upper class women are not the only ones who have health insurance coverage and pay to have that coverage.
    More often then not, it is them.
    Again I ask, how many women do we know, that can afford insurance, but cannot afford birth control?

    It doesn't flow, at any level.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #269
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    What about drugs needed because of smoking and/or weight related causes. Think government programs should stop insuring them?
    It depends. Are they part of a physician prescribed regimen for health purposes or are they optional? The whole point of health insurance is to insure health risks, not to pay for all health services.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #270
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Make an intelligent post, and I might. This nonsense about "corporate prisons" isn't it.
    Then prove it isn't true. Lets see you back up your smarmy, petty, little insults with some credible evidence and a link for a change. Come on, surprise us, Harshaw.

Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •