View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 26 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post





    So what?
    Okay, so single parent households have increased and double parent households have decreased. That is not the question. The question is how many more unwanted pregnancies are there today than in the past.

  2. #252
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    That's just complete asininity. Or, synonymously, a Moot post.
    Thats nice. Now why don't you try responding to my posts like an intelligent man, instead of a bug?

  3. #253
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Okay, so single parent households have increased and double parent households have decreased. That is not the question. The question is how many more unwanted pregnancies are there today than in the past.
    No, the question was about them being a problem. Especially one requiring burdening the taxpayers over.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #254
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Thats nice. Now why don't you try responding to my posts like an intelligent man, instead of a bug?
    Make an intelligent post, and I might. This nonsense about "corporate prisons" isn't it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    What is wrong with birth control being made a mandatory coverage? You don't have to purchase it if you don't want to. I don't think this would be "victimizing" the insurance companies in any way either. And if the amount of unwanted pregnancies is more now than ever in the past, then what would anyone suggest be done about that? Do you think you can fix it?

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No, the question was about them being a problem. Especially one requiring burdening the taxpayers over.
    You're wrong. You claimed that there were more unwanted pregnancies now than in the past. I asked to see some statistics.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No, women have more complicated reproductive systems with greater chance for things to go wrong, not to mention pregnancies and births. That is just anatomy.
    Even leaving out reproductive issues, women simply visit the doctor more than men.
    That doesn't mean that we should reduce risk pricing on that though.

    Teenage - young men are more dangerous behind the wheel, thus they pay more insurance.
    It's only fair.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Even leaving out reproductive issues, women simply visit the doctor more than men.
    That doesn't mean that we should reduce risk pricing on that though.

    Teenage - young men are more dangerous behind the wheel, thus they pay more insurance.
    It's only fair.
    Being risky behind the wheel of an automobile can be controlled. Getting sick cannot.

    Edit: Before anyone jumps all over me, I'm referring specifically to reproductive illnesses here.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    What is wrong with birth control being made a mandatory coverage? You don't have to purchase it if you don't want to. I don't think this would be "victimizing" the insurance companies in any way either. And if the amount of unwanted pregnancies is more now than ever in the past, then what would anyone suggest be done about that? Do you think you can fix it?
    Subsidizing birth control for middle and upper income women, who are already far more likely to be on birth control and can afford it, will not reduce the rates of unwanted pregnancies of poor women.

    It's a leap of logic, to assume it would.
    Women eat up the women's health issue, thus it was an attempt to pander to women.
    Birth control is, affordable, is already widely available, does not cripple the finances of middle and upper income women.

    There was no logical reason to mandate, it be free at point of service.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #260
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Being risky behind the wheel of an automobile can be controlled. Getting sick cannot.

    Edit: Before anyone jumps all over me, I'm referring specifically to reproductive illnesses here.
    The behavior of boys can not always be controlled, otherwise boys wouldn't be paying higher premiums.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 26 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •