View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 25 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    They were far less of a problem when people carried the consequences of their own choices.
    It would be interesting and helpful to see stats on that.

    No, it's about forcing coverage by insurance companies.
    Individuals are not forced to purchase it though.

  2. #242
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,953

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Where do you come up with this stuff? No one said that at all. Is that your argument?
    It is certainly strongly implied by people such as yourself, seeing as the argument is that all women should be getting BC for free, and if they don't, then there will be so many babies being taken care of by taxpayers.

    But why don't you give me a percentage of women whom you think fit the description.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #243
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    I hope that silly bitch never breeds. That said no one owes birth control to anyone, it's an optional "medication".
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    It's subsidized.
    The law also made gender based risk grouping illegal.
    So younger women, who tend to consume more medical care dollars, get a discount, while younger males, have to pay more.
    Yes but that is because women tend to have more complicated reproductive issues more often than men.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes but that is because women tend to have more complicated reproductive issues more often than men.
    Actually women are just more likely to go to the doctor, for anything.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #246
    Educator Schutzengel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Last Seen
    04-20-13 @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    719

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The reality is there are a lot of idiots out there in the real world.....




    It's odd, Liberals look at those children and say they didn't ask to be born or live like that, that mother should be on birth control....and Conservatives look at them and see more prisoners to fill the private prison industry's wallets at taxpayer expense.
    Honestly Moot,

    this kinda thing comes from an entitlement mentality.. I have all of these kids and someone else should pay for them... I feel sorry for the kids, and I think CPS should step in and removethem from what is obviously an abusive enviroment...

    *the following is a jab made in jest and should be taken only as such...

    Any guess what political party mom is?
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid. - Ike

    Tea is better for you than Kool-Aid.

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    It is certainly strongly implied by people such as yourself, seeing as the argument is that all women should be getting BC for free, and if they don't, then there will be so many babies being taken care of by taxpayers.

    But why don't you give me a percentage of women whom you think fit the description.
    That would be impossible.

  8. #248
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,953

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It would be interesting and helpful to see stats on that.



    Individuals are not forced to purchase it though.
    So what?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Actually women are just more likely to go to the doctor, for anything.
    No, women have more complicated reproductive systems with greater chance for things to go wrong, not to mention pregnancies and births. That is just anatomy.

  10. #250
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,953

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That would be impossible.
    Why?

    Of course, if so, then you have no basis on which to describe the situation as problematic, requiring the need of such government mandates.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 25 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •