View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #221
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    this is not a debate over whether or not she should have access to BC, it's a debate on whether or not we can force specific individuals to provide that access in violation of their faith.
    That is exactly it, isn't it? Of course it is.

    Catholics have been supporting Planned Parenthood through their taxes for many many years. Why did they wait so long to make a stink about it?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  2. #222
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,566

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    We all do stupid things, don't we? Like smoke and not eat right. You really want to traverse that slippery slope?
    OK, I guess you think anyone who doesn't get free birth control is doomed to having an unwanted child and being forced to live on government assistance. Because everyone does stupid things, I guess, and no one can think and plan for themselves without the government looking out for them. Or, you know, prioritize their incomes from the jobs they must have if this even applies in the first place.

    I, myself, don't think of people in general as such drooling morons. But to hear some of you say it, most, if not all, women are.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #223
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    That is exactly it, isn't it? Of course it is.

    Catholics have been supporting Planned Parenthood through their taxes for many many years. Why did they wait so long to make a stink about it?
    There has been a movement to cease sending taxpayer dollars to PP for some time now as well, you may have noticed it pops up here occasionally . But that is a government purchase (with our money, agreeably), not something I directly engage in.

    But this isn't about taxes going to PP, it's about whether or not we can force Catholics to purchase something that is against their religious beliefs.

    It's the difference between saying "you oppose the war in Iraq, but you're still going to pay your taxes", and "you oppose the war in Iraq, so we're going to make you help shoot these Iraqi kids." The one is materially different from the other.

    And yes, before you go hyperbolic on me, that is how Catholic doctrine see's it. Killing children is killing children to them, be they in the womb or out of it.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    OK, I guess you think anyone who doesn't get free birth control is doomed to having an unwanted child and being forced to live on government assistance. Because everyone does stupid things, I guess, and no one can think and plan for themselves without the government looking out for them. Or, you know, prioritize their incomes from the jobs they must have if this even applies in the first place.

    I, myself, don't think of people in general as such drooling morons. But to hear some of you say it, most, if not all, women are.
    Yeah, in an ideal world everyone would be responsible for their actions, but in the REAL world it's a lot different. This is just about making access to BC easier anyway. And men would also be to blame for these situations. It takes two people to make a baby normally.

  5. #225
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Let her pay for her own contraceptives. It's her responsibility, and nobody else's.
    Great theory. I totally agree... in theory.

    Fails miserably in practical reality, though. As a practical matter, it is in our bests interests to keep population... and, hence costs that WILL be shared, whether we like it or not... down.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #226
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You're making a whole lot of assumptions, and none of them speak well of the "she" in question, whoever that is. You describe an idiot.
    Seriously, what are the odds that a degreed woman who's completing a law degree (or has finished already) and has national name-recognition as well as the support of well-heeled progressives is going to have multiple children and be on public assistance?

  7. #227
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,566

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yeah, in an ideal world everyone would be responsible for their actions, but in the REAL world it's a lot different.
    Only because certain people choose to insulate others from their poor choices when there's no particular need to.

    This is just about making access to BC easier anyway.
    No, it's about considerably more than that. No one -- that is, no one -- is trying to deny access or even restrict it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Seriously, what are the odds that a degreed woman who's completing a law degree (or has finished already) and has national name-recognition as well as the support of well-heeled progressives is going to have multiple children and be on public assistance?
    Probably not likely, but there are plenty of women who are in that situation.

  9. #229
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,566

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Seriously, what are the odds that a degreed woman who's completing a law degree (or has finished already) and has national name-recognition as well as the support of well-heeled progressives is going to have multiple children and be on public assistance?
    Or forget Fluke; apparently some of these folks think all, or at least the majority, of women of child-bearing age are poor and destitute, not to mention brainless and driven primarily by hormones. That's quite a picture.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Only because certain people choose to insulate others from their poor choices when there's no particular need to.
    Unwanted pregnancies have ALWAYS been a problem. It's not going to just go away because you think people should be more responsible.

    No, it's about considerably more than that. No one -- that is, no one -- is trying to deny access or even restrict it.
    No, it's about having it be covered by insurance companies.

Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •