View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    this is not a debate over whether or not she should have access to BC, it's a debate on whether or not we can force specific individuals to provide that access in violation of their faith.
    Doesn't Medicaid already cover a portion of birth control pills if not all the cost? I'm not sure.

  2. #212
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,382

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Let her pay for her own contraceptives. It's her responsibility, and nobody else's.
    How magnanimous of you. You don't mind paying more for less. Just what our health care system needs. A money's no object, its the "principle" that matters stance.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    01-03-13 @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    294

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Let her pay for her own contraceptives. It's her responsibility, and nobody else's.
    I used to think the same thing. However, you will have to pay a lot more for a child born to a poor family then you would for paying for just their birth control. Also, if the parents don't want the kid then the kid is born into a family that isn't supportive, which isn't good for anybody, especially the child.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Not really related to the thread, but I just heard on the news that an inmate (not sure which state) has been granted by a fed judge for a sex change operation, at taxpayer expense, and we are arguing about paying for birth control which is only common sense.

    And not just any inmate, but a convicted murderer. WTF???

  5. #215
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,918

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Well, there is a principle here: I shouldn't have to pay for what this woman can afford herself. Fluke can afford to pay for her own lattes, her own movie tickets, and her own contraception. She has a college degree, has served as a journal editor, and is apparently being bankrolled as well as otherwise supported by progressives.

  6. #216
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I completely understand your point, but if we don't help pay for her BC, we WILL be paying for her children when they are getting public assistance, and that costs a helluva lot more than any BC pills or condoms.
    You're making a whole lot of assumptions, and none of them speak well of the "she" in question, whoever that is. You describe an idiot.
    Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #217
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Well, there is a principle here: I shouldn't have to pay for what this woman can afford herself. Fluke can afford to pay for her own lattes, her own movie tickets, and her own contraception. She has a college degree, has served as a journal editor, and is apparently being bankrolled as well as otherwise supported by progressives.

    If that is your philosophy, then you're against the tax cuts for the rich.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #218
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Not really. Mandating that every policy contain contraceptive coverage means that every policy will contain that coverage and every policy will reflect the cost of that coverage. While that might be great for those who use contraceptives, but those who don't use them will be forced to carry a policy that does. Carrying such unwanted and unnecessary coverage only increase the cost of health insurance.
    Who are you to decide what is "unnecessary coverage"? I hear conservatives bitch and moan all the time about the gubbamint interfering with doctors and telling them they know better what their patients need, but the fact is, it's conservatives like you doing it, not the gubbamint.


    A lot of people are getting diabetes from their lifestyle choices and that's what's really raising the cost of health care and insurance, not birth control pills. Now I certainly don't think I should have to pay for someone elses poor lifestyle choices, especially if they're a loud mouth lazy conservative, but far be it for me to tell the insurance companies who or what they can or can't cover. The same should apply to you.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You're making a whole lot of assumptions, and none of them speak well of the "she" in question, whoever that is. You describe an idiot.
    It most certainly is not an assumption. Look up stats of unwanted pregnancies.

  10. #220
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You're making a whole lot of assumptions, and none of them speak well of the "she" in question, whoever that is. You describe an idiot.
    We all do stupid things, don't we? Like smoke and not eat right. You really want to traverse that slippery slope?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •