View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 21 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #201
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Hey everyone at DP, did you know that birth control helps regulate monthly periods and reduces it's many, many, many side effects? Anyone who'll deny this to a woman is a big fat ignoramus.
    Nobody is trying to deny birth control to women. If she wants to buy it, there is nobody here arguing that she shouldn't be allowed to do so.

    The entire argument is about whether someone else should be forced to buy it for her.
    Last edited by Bob Blaylock; 09-04-12 at 04:55 PM. Reason: A man without a forklift is nothing. May the Forks be with you.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #202
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo been through this already here at DP, and it was like I was talking to a huge brick wall. I cannot stress this enough:

    Birth control helps regulate monthly periods and reduces it's many, many, many side effects.

    Birth control helps regulate monthly periods and reduces it's many, many, many side effects.

    Birth control helps regulate monthly periods and reduces it's many, many, many side effects.

    Birth control helps regulate monthly periods and reduces it's many, many, many side effects.

    Birth control helps regulate monthly periods and reduces it's many, many, many side effects.

    Birth control helps regulate monthly periods and reduces it's many, many, many side effects.

    Birth control helps regulate monthly periods and reduces it's many, many, many side effects.

    Hey everyone at DP, did you know that birth control helps regulate monthly periods and reduces it's many, many, many side effects? Anyone who'll deny this to a woman is a big fat ignoramus.
    Perhaps the same mentality that thinks that repeating a lie enough times will make it true is also prone to think that repeating an irrelevancy enough time will make it relevant.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,756

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    No one, that I am aware of, wishes to deny women their birth control. The issue is whether or not it is the responsibility of the taxpayer, to pay for birth control for all women. I personally think it is the responsibility of the woman to pay for her own.
    Come on, groups like the Catholic Church absolutely want to deny women birth control. The issue here is whether *ANY* health care is the responsibility of the taxpayer and we all know it's not. However, if it's going to be mandated, then all aspects of health care ought to be mandated. That includes birth control. If anyone started seriously arguing that lung cancer treatment, for instance, should not be covered, they'd be shouted off the stage, and they should be.

    The same goes for birth control.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #204
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Nobody is trying to deny birth control to women. If she wants to buy it, there is nobody here arguing that she shouldn't be allowed to do so.

    The entire argument is about whether someone else should be forced to buy it for her.
    Yes, I get that. What I don't get is why people have a problem with it?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  5. #205
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Perhaps the same mentality that thinks that repeating a lie enough times will make it true is also prone to think that repeating an irrelevancy enough time will make it relevant.
    What is the lie? That women don't go on birth control to regulate monthly periods and reduces it's many, many, many side effects? Is that your stance?
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  6. #206
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Come on, groups like the Catholic Church absolutely want to deny women birth control. The issue here is whether *ANY* health care is the responsibility of the taxpayer and we all know it's not. However, if it's going to be mandated, then all aspects of health care ought to be mandated. That includes birth control. If anyone started seriously arguing that lung cancer treatment, for instance, should not be covered, they'd be shouted off the stage, and they should be.

    The same goes for birth control.
    I was referring to the posters here.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #207
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,522

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The government forces them to pay for lots of things. So what? This is health insurance, it's a health product.
    Now you're changing your argument. You said it was about what people paid for:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    They have to pay for all sorts of medical and voluntary things because people pay them to do so.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #208
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,522

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The issue here is whether *ANY* health care is the responsibility of the taxpayer and we all know it's not.
    Philosophically, or practically?

    If practically, then, well, you're wrong, because the taxpayers foot the bill for quite a bit of it.

    If philosophically, this flies in the face of your "so what" from earlier.

    However, if it's going to be mandated, then all aspects of health care ought to be mandated.
    Like cosmetic surgery for pure vanity?

    That includes birth control. If anyone started seriously arguing that lung cancer treatment, for instance, should not be covered, they'd be shouted off the stage, and they should be.

    The same goes for birth control.
    It's a complete non-sequitur. The two are not alike. One is elective. The other is life-saving.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #209
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I completely understand your point, but if we don't help pay for her BC, we WILL be paying for her children when they are getting public assistance, and that costs a helluva lot more than any BC pills or condoms.
    this is not a debate over whether or not she should have access to BC, it's a debate on whether or not we can force specific individuals to provide that access in violation of their faith.

  10. #210
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Come on, groups like the Catholic Church absolutely want to deny women birth control.
    Well that is bluntly not accurate. They want both men and women to choose not to take it.

Page 21 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •