View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #121
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Insurance exists to mitigate risks on foreseen, but less likely, events. If they were unforeseen, then how would people know they wanted insurance?
    You can't predict if you will get a heart attack, stroke, etc.
    That's why they're unforeseen, you don't know if it will happen.

    Birth control and things of that nature are known and already very affordable.
    All the "free birth control" thing did, was buy off middle and upper income women.
    Poor females, tend not to have insurance in the first place.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #122
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Schutzengel View Post
    *trolling the Moot
    No, but it sure looks like you are, schutz.


    inalienable - impossible to be taken away ... sex is inalienable? tell that to the LGBT community
    I did and they said their identity was just as inalieanble as their body which was created by God.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, for one thing, just because someone cares about poor people doesn't mean they aren't close to being poor themselves. Some people more than likely cannot afford to give away any money, especially in this economy. It is a shame that more people don't give, but that's life. People acting irresponsibly with their bodies is also life. Society will never be perfect and neither will the people. IMO, it's a good idea to pay for birth control and at least TRY to cut down on the number of unwanted pregnancies and abortions. That alone is worth it to me. Our taxes already support families on public assistance.
    How many poor people do you know, that can afford insurance, but not contraceptives?
    The reasoning that this benefits poor people, just doesn't flow.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #124
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why would you give that money to government? Why not help them yourself with that money? It makes more sense.
    Ideally I would give it to a Catholic charity who would administer a foster/adoption program.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    How many poor people do you know, that can afford insurance, but not contraceptives?
    The reasoning that this benefits poor people, just doesn't flow.
    You are probably referring to just condoms which are pretty cheap but not always very effective. I am talking more along the lines of the pill. I really have no idea how much it would cost without insurance.

  6. #126
    Guru
    ChuckBerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Last Seen
    10-28-13 @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,491

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    All the "free birth control" thing did, was buy off middle and upper income women.
    Nice to know someone else perceives the pandering.
    The morality of abortion is not a religious belief, any more than the morality of slavery, apartheid, rape, larceny, murder or arson is a religious belief. These are norms of the natural law of mankind and can be legislated even in a completely religionless society.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You are probably referring to just condoms which are pretty cheap but not always very effective. I am talking more along the lines of the pill. I really have no idea how much it would cost without insurance.
    BC pills, etc are pretty darn affordable.
    Besides all that though, poor females already have taxpayer subsidized choices to get free or reduced cost birth control.
    State health departments all around the U.S.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #128
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You must be messing here. How can you believe in innate rights and think these things should be proved by insurance companies by the force of government? It really makes no sense to someone that actually DOES understand it.
    Knock it off. No one is FORCING you to buy birth control coverage. People want the choice to buy the insurance coverage for themselves. If you prevent that choice then it is you who are FORCING your ideology into the market place and telling others what they can or can't buy.

    PS learn the difference between natural and innate rights for cryin out loud.
    Last edited by Moot; 09-04-12 at 10:13 AM.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    Nice to know someone else perceives the pandering.
    I don't consider it pandering. I consider it common sense.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I mean women can't separate their gender from their health. We are talking about health insurance coverage that everyone must buy. What insurance coverage you buy is your business and what women buy is theirs. GOT IT!!!!!
    Yes, you buy something and it doesn't have the service you desire included. The service you desire is not a right and you can't force it to be proved to you. You can word this in a million ways, but you do not have that right naturally.

    Sorry, but you are the one who keeps trying to force people to argue with your strawman. The only one showing self interest here is you.
    What?? I'm not? What? I don't even..know..what..this..is. WTF?

    No, your conclusion is false because it's based on a false premise. A woman can not be seperated from her own body and it is her body that is inalienable and possesses natural rights. A fetus inside her body is alieanable because it can be removed and separated. Once born, the fetus is inalienable in it's own right. Neither woman or man can give up the soveriegnty of their own body until they die.
    Her body contains another life and the right to your body does not extend to killing other beings of this species. I understand it fine. You can keep believing I'm wrong though. I don't care.

    No, I don't and I doubt I ever will because you are wrong as I pointed out above.
    Nope, I'm not. Why are still talking to me about this anyway? You don't even understand what a negative right is.

    What is this property rights kick you're on? People "own" their own bodies and can treat it as property. But you don't own someone elses body and they don't own yours. But that is a subject for another thread because this thread is simply about health insurance covering birth control.
    See this one of the logic blackholes you have. If you can't own another being it would logically conclude she can't kill the child inside of her as it is property of itself.

    Thats good to hear because I don't need your permission to think whatever I want, either.
    So aggressive. Why are you though?

    Are you talking to your invisible chair agaiin? Why don't you educate yourself on what "group insurance" is so you can stop arguing from ignorance.
    I already know, but do you? Who provides this insurance? You?

    Property owners? Who exactly do you think you own that you get to decide what kind of health coverage other people should or shouldn't get? Again, you are arguing from ignorance. Go do your homework, I'm tired of arguing with your strawman.
    Healthcare is a service. No amount of ownership over your body is taking place.

Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •