View Poll Results: Should we pay for Sandra Fluke's birth control?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 35.90%
  • No

    50 64.10%
Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 811

Thread: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkySalsa View Post
    Strange to see you're ok wagering our tax dollars against the "unlikely" chance that not every woman who would otherwise be taking BC pills will instead go out and get condoms. I had you pegged for a "reducing taxes is more important than maximizing the negative consequences of actions I disapprove" kind of guy.
    Because people having to take responsibility for themselves is so cruel. You liberals have really gotten worse over the years.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Okay, so obviously some people would rather pay for her unwanted children or for her abortion than for her birth control. That makes absolutely no sense to me at all. I don't even know what the argument is about. It's a no-brainer IMO.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Because people having to take responsibility for themselves is so cruel. You liberals have really gotten worse over the years.
    People DON'T take responsibility for themselves. That's what you need to realize.

  4. #114
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Well then everybody should pay for every medical drug and procedure out of their own pocket.

    After all it's their responsibility.

    Let's do away with HMO's, they're socialistic anyway.
    If the insurance company wants to offer that, that's their business. But it's not up the govt to be mandating what's in an insurance policy.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,467

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Her sex? You mean her ability to have sex? Well sure, but she can't force people to make that possible? That is violation of their rights. If its just gender in general. That is just gender. That is just stupid to think changes anything.
    I mean women can't separate their gender from their health. We are talking about health insurance coverage that everyone must buy. What insurance coverage you buy is your business and what women buy is theirs. GOT IT!!!!!


    You are attaching whatever you feel like as an inalienable right and then getting mad at me because I reject it nicely. You are acting like I don't know what I'm talking about but everything you are saying is build on self interest and using other people.
    Sorry, but you are the one who keeps trying to force people to argue with your strawman. The only one showing self interest here is you.

    You can't use your body to violate the body of another. Simple yes? Read the ideas behind it again. My conclusion is correct.
    No, your conclusion is false because it's based on a false premise. A woman can not be seperated from her own body and it is her body that is inalienable and possesses natural rights. A fetus inside her body is alieanable because it can be removed and separated. Once born, the fetus is inalienable in it's own right. Neither woman or man can give up the soveriegnty of their own body until they die.

    Thank you. Now do you understand how what I said above falls under that?
    No, I don't and I doubt I ever will because you are wrong as I pointed out above.

    I know, but they are positive rights and a violation of property rights
    What is this property rights kick you're on? People "own" their own bodies and can treat it as property. But you don't own someone elses body and they don't own yours. But that is a subject for another thread because this thread is simply about health insurance covering birth control.

    You can think whatever you want. That is your right.
    Thats good to hear because I don't need your permission to think whatever I want, either.


    Is that the defense to using other people to provide you what you want and then call it an inalienable right? Ignorance is OK here, you know.
    Are you talking to your invisible chair agaiin? Why don't you educate yourself on what "group insurance" is so you can stop arguing from ignorance.

    I never said they were. Lets try to be honest, ok? You are forcing property owners to provide you a service you want. Ownership is the right and ability to control something. In order to get your birth control pills you must make them do what you want. Birth control pills is not an innate right, but a human creation. You can not do that.
    Property owners? Who exactly do you think you own that you get to decide what kind of health coverage other people should or shouldn't get? Again, you are arguing from ignorance. Go do your homework, I'm tired of arguing with your strawman.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you know how health insurance works? That might be a good place to start before asking the wrong question.
    Insurance exists to cover unforeseen events, contraception, viagra and other maintenance medications, do not fall into "unforeseen events."
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    People DON'T take responsibility for themselves. That's what you need to realize.
    I realize that. I went over already that I give and even hinted at that I put my time into helping people personally. There is a lack of people that are willing to help from what I have seen, but there isn't a lack of people wanting to take from other people and give to the people of their choosing. I want to know how they can dare say they care when all they do is support policies that get other people to pay for their interests? At least someone in here was willing to shell up his own money to government which I pointed out was the wrong body to give that money to, but still, its a start and I guess I should feel good about that, but honestly I don't. If people want me to believe they care and they really want to take this high road of caring they need to prove it. There is apparently to some people in here 90% of people in this country that care about poor people, but there sure isn't 90% of people that give their time or money or just anything to the poor. I want to know why.

    Sure, I'm considered wealthy by tax code, but even when I was not even well off I gave and I never took anything from government to get here either. Why is it that other people can not at least do the former? Give something, anything? Why do they keep demanding other people fill in the gaps of what they believe when they don't give? I just want an answer to that.
    Last edited by Henrin; 09-04-12 at 09:57 AM.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Well then everybody should pay for every medical drug and procedure out of their own pocket.

    After all it's their responsibility.

    Let's do away with HMO's, they're socialistic anyway.

    You're right, HMO's were created by federal legislation.

    So much for the idea, that the medical insurance market was "unregulated."
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I realize that. I went over already I give and even hinted at that I put my time into helping people personally. There is a lack of people that are willing to help from what I have seen, but there isn't a lack of people wanting to take from other people and give to the people of their choosing. I want to know how they can dare say they care when all they do is support policies that get other people to pay for their interests? At least someone in here was willing to shell up his own money to government which I pointed out was the wrong body to give that money to, but still, its a start and I guess I should feel good about that, but honestly I don't. If people want me to believe they care and they really want to take this high road of caring they need to prove it. There is apparently to some people in there 90% of people in this country that care about poor people, but there sure isn't 90% of people that give their time or money or just anything to the poor. I want to know why.
    Well, for one thing, just because someone cares about poor people doesn't mean they aren't close to being poor themselves. Some people more than likely cannot afford to give away any money, especially in this economy. It is a shame that more people don't give, but that's life. People acting irresponsibly with their bodies is also life. Society will never be perfect and neither will the people. IMO, it's a good idea to pay for birth control and at least TRY to cut down on the number of unwanted pregnancies and abortions. That alone is worth it to me. Our taxes already support families on public assistance.

  10. #120
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,385

    Re: Should We Pay for Sandra Fluke's Contraception?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Insurance exists to cover unforeseen events, contraception, viagra and other maintenance medications, do not fall into "unforeseen events."
    Insurance exists to mitigate risks on foreseen, but less likely, events. If they were unforeseen, then how would people know they wanted insurance?

Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •