"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
- Abraham Lincoln
But the fact is that plant closed before Obama was sworn in as President. You're blaming him for something that happened when he wasn't elected yet, he was still a Senator.
1. On February 13, 2008 Obama said in Janesville : “I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years.”
2. In June 2008 GM announced that the Janesville plant would stop production of medium-duty trucks by the end of 2009, and stop production of large SUVs in 2010 or sooner.
3. In October 2008 Obama doubled down on his promise to keep Janesville plant open: “As president, I will lead an effort to retool plants like the GM facility in Janesville so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs in Wisconsin and all across America.”
4. In December 2008 GM idled production of GM SUVs at the Janesville plant. Medium-duty truck assembly continued.
5. In April 2009, four months after Obama was inaugurated, GM idled production of medium-duty trucks.
6. In September 2011, more than two years after Obama was inaugurated, GM reiterates that Janesville plant is on “stand by status.” Auto industry observer David Cole, tells the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel it would be premature to say the Janesville plant will never reopen.
6. Today the GM facility in Janesville still has not been retooled “so we can build the fuel-efficient cars of tomorrow and create good-paying jobs,” as Obama promised.
Winners and losers in an election debate are purely subjective. It always is a matter of whose individual beliefs get reinforced by which candidate.
Obama supporters will say Obama won, Romney supporters will say Romney won. It is all a matter of who says what you as an individual want to hear the most and who reinforces your ideological beliefs.
Every election it is the same thing: "My guy kicked your guys ass in the debate", "nuhh-uhh my guy clearly destroyed yours". rinse and repeat. The winner and the loser is all int he eye of the beholder.
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse
There's nothing to win in presidential debates because they're not debates. They are basically speeches.