View Poll Results: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

    60 63.83%
  • againt

    34 36.17%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 209

Thread: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    People get fake IDs all the time. There is nothing wrong with having voter identification. I think it is a great idea. I don't want illegal immigrants voting in our elections, voting for those politicians that will pander to them. If it stops some from casting an illegal ballot, then it's all good and certainly not a waste.

  2. #182
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    yup, he's got us. wanting to limit the realm of government and live within our means is exactly like pouring acid on little girls faces because they learned to read. Good catch, Captain America.
    Read 'em and weep.



    And people wonder why I, an avowed pro-lifer, pro-gun, anti-government cheese person turned my back on the Republican party?


    Well, let's take a looksy....

    Taliban:
    Ideological Purity
    Compromise as weakness
    A fundalmentalist belief in scriptual literalism
    Denying Science
    Unmoved by facts
    Undeterred by new information
    A hostile fear of progress
    Demonization of education
    A need to control women's bodies
    Severe Xenophobia
    Tribal mentality
    Intolerance of dissent
    Pathological hatred for the US government


    Tea Party:

    Same as above.

    But don't take my word for it, I was just a "RINO." I don't seem to measure up to today's "republicans," by definition.

    And I thank God for that.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  3. #183
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,423

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    yup, he's got us. wanting to limit the realm of government and live within our means is exactly like pouring acid on little girls faces because they learned to read. Good catch, Captain America.
    I can't make you see the similarities. Classic case of choosing to view it only in extreme comparisons, though. It's easier to hide one's own head in the sand that way.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #184
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,139

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Read 'em and weep.
    really? you are demonstrating a show by liberals explaining how they think conservatives are bad through the mouthpiece of a nominal "moderate republican" as your great evidence for comparing the Tea Party to the Taliban?

    Well, let's take a looksy....

    Taliban:
    Ideological Purity
    Yes, because running a primary campaign in which one offers ones' self up to the public for their choice is exactly like throwing acid in little girls faces.

    Compromise as weakness
    interesting. so the left which is upset that Obama dropped the public option, or didn't go for single payer, is also like the taliban?

    A fundalmentalist belief in scriptual literalism
    is not a part of the Tea Party, although there probably is some overlap.

    Nor is that really technically a unique part of the Taliban - all the main Muslim schools of thought believe in the scriptural literalism of the Koran. Are you saying that all Muslims are like the Taliban?

    Denying Science
    Is neither an ideological thrust of the Taliban nor part of the Tea Party

    Unmoved by facts
    see above. Although this is really just a way of trying to call ones' opposition stupid, and thus detracts from the accuser rather than the accused.

    Undeterred by new information
    see unmoved by facts.

    A hostile fear of progress
    is definitely not part of the Tea Party, as they are very interested in improving America's position.

    Demonization of education
    Tea Party supporters actually tend to be better educated than the general populace.

    A need to control women's bodies
    Part of the Taliban but not part of the Tea Party.

    Severe Xenophobia
    Part of the Taliban but not part of the Tea Party.

    Tribal mentality
    Is a part of every single political movement in the world.

    Intolerance of dissent
    Please list for me the people the Tea Party have executed lately?

    Pathological hatred for the US government
    is definitely not a part of the Tea Party, whose membership often rededicate themselves to reading the founding documents and celebrating the brilliance of the form of government we here in the US have.

    Oh, and you forgot some things

    Totalitarian movement
    Support for terrorism
    Support for political violence




    You are smarter than this, Cap. I realized it probably sounded trite and cute when you heard it, but it's bull****, and you know better than to try to compare a bunch of people who wear funny tricorner hats and demand less government with a group dedicated to totalitarian government and kills children.

  5. #185
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,423

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    You are smarter than this, Cap. I realized it probably sounded trite and cute when you heard it, but it's bull****, and you know better than to try to compare a bunch of people who wear funny tricorner hats and demand less government with a group dedicated to totalitarian government and kills children.
    Similarities, not lock-step unwavering duplication.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #186
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,139

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I can't make you see the similarities.
    Oh, there are similarities. Made up of people. (originally, at least, for the Taliban) a populist movement. Organized (originally, at least) around education. etc.

    But to claim any kind of parity between the movements demonstrates a facile understanding of either. I have actually studied the Taliban, I have seen what the Taliban do. CA's post is just another form of the Godwin Fallacy.

  7. #187
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,139

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Similarities, not lock-step unwavering duplication.
    Certainly, there are similarities between all organized groups of humans.


    You know who else would have opposed the Tea Party, radcen?


    Hitler.

  8. #188
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,733

    Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Are the people who say that they can't afford an ID card the same people who are some how able to afford Michael Jordan sneakers, Playstation 3 and/or X Box, the latest Madden video game every year and full-boat cable or satellite TV package?

  9. #189
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Are the people who say that they can't afford an ID card the same people who are some how able to afford Michael Jordan sneakers, Playstation 3 and/or X Box, the latest Madden video game every year and full-boat cable or satellite TV package?
    Is that evidence or proof:NO, it's just a stereotype
    Men do what they have to when they want to, Great men do what they have to, even when they don't want to.

  10. #190
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,733

    Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    Is that evidence or proof:NO, it's just a stereotype
    Actually, it was a question.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •