View Poll Results: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

    60 63.83%
  • againt

    34 36.17%
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 209

Thread: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

  1. #91
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    There is no reason not to. Likewise, there is no reason to
    If it stops even one person from voting illegally, it's worth it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #92
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,756

    Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    It's their job to over exploit a non-issue. And in a brief search I found a case in which a man may not be able to vote even though it is entirely situational.

    Bottom line, it has become a talking point that is aggravatingly redundant and is entirely pointless
    Where's the link to that 'case' that you found in a brief search?

  3. #93
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    If it stops even one person from voting illegally, it's worth it.
    One vote does a lot....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Where's the link to that 'case' that you found in a brief search?
    Daily Kos: I was denied free voter ID today: Pennsylvania

    As I said, it is entirely situational. It really is not an argument against the law.
    "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." : Stephen King

    "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." Thomas Jefferson

  4. #94
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,756

    Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    One vote does a lot....


    Daily Kos: I was denied free voter ID today: Pennsylvania

    As I said, it is entirely situational. It really is not an argument against the law.
    So they told him to come back on August 27 for a free voter ID. They didn't deny him a free voter ID, they told him exactly when they're available.

    The part about him taking off work aHS the DMV not being able to renew his driver's license because he has another valid driver's license in another state is his own dumb fault. Most people would read up on the laws and rules before burning vacation time to go to the DMV for that.

  5. #95
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    For, though I didn't always feel that way.

    For, the showing of ID only. Legitimate ID, consistent throughout a given state.

    I strongly oppose any efforts to restrict "get out the vote" campaigns, and so on, as have often been used for insidious purposes.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,804

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    One vote does a lot....
    It doesn't matter, it's the principle of the thing. It's like saying one murder doesn't matter in a population of 300+ million, but if a law stops that one murder, it's worth having the law.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #97
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It doesn't matter, it's the principle of the thing. It's like saying one murder doesn't matter in a population of 300+ million, but if a law stops that one murder, it's worth having the law.
    What law is going to stop a criminal?
    "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." : Stephen King

    "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." Thomas Jefferson

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    To me its just common sense, how about you?
    I agree with having to show ID to vote, and I would support it in my state.

    We have to show ID for just about everything else, why should something as important as voting be excluded.

    If one wants to vote, one should be able to prove they are who they say they are.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    It is an infringement of liberty that serves no practical purpose, and disenfranchises a lot of poor people, students, and the elderly.
    It believe is intended to serve the practical purpose of assuring that all who are voting are legitimate, registered voter and are who they claim to be.

    We all know it's a politically calculated move to prevent Democratic voters from casting their ballots. Can we please stop pretending it's anything else?
    I would support the idea in my state, not because it would prevent Democratic voters from casting their ballots, but to ensure accuracy and consistency in voting.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Are you for or against vote ID to vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    Furthermore, why do it now?
    Because we haven't yet invented time travel.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •