View Poll Results: How Would Romney Govern?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • He'd side 90% or more with Republican conservatives

    19 44.19%
  • He'd challenge conservatives and/or compromise with moderate democrats

    10 23.26%
  • He'd take positions based on polling data

    14 32.56%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 135 of 135

Thread: How Would Romney Govern?

  1. #131
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I've already answered that in other threads...you know, the other threads where you...with your partisan anti-Romny attitude...keep attacking him and my position on him.

    Go read it there.
    Jesus H. Christ. You aren't joking.

    Wow.

    Once again, rejecting 1 candidate does not make one partisan. Unless you define Mitt Romney to BE the Republican Party. Which you are seemingly doing so right now.

    Again, you display your inability to read...or at least, to understand what you read.

    I didn't say what he's done in the past doesn't matter. I said what he did as Governor of MA doesn't matter.
    Let's go over what you said:

    "I don't care what he did in MA. That was a State...not a nation. He had a quite different State Congress to deal with than he will as President...and quite different issues to deal with. And, the demographics of the Citizens of MA is quite different than the demographics of the Citizens of the U.S. There just is no correlation."

    Your argument is that because things were not the same as the current Presidency, what he did in MA does not matter. Except that nothing he has ever done is the same as the current Presidency. Therefore, since you argued that because the governor job was different, it doesn't matter what he did. When we apply YOUR LOGIC, nothing Romney did matters because it was "different."

    You in fact did say that what he's done in the past doesn't matter. Your argument was because it was different from the presidency, it doesn't matter. But nothing he did was the same. Therefore, the subset of activities that were the same as the current presidency excludes everything Romney did, nothing Romney did matters.

    Logic again for the win.

    Do you understand the difference?
    One must question if you even understand what you write.

    Let's use some simple diagrams.

    Governorship = Different From Presidency
    Everything Romney has done = Different from presidency.
    Different from presidency = Doesn't Matter
    Everything Romney has done = Doesn't Matter
    Last edited by obvious Child; 09-08-12 at 04:55 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #132
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,878

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post

    Let's use some simple diagrams.

    Governorship = Different From Presidency
    Everything Romney has done = Different from presidency.
    Different from presidency = Doesn't Matter
    Everything Romney has done = Doesn't Matter
    HOT DAMN!!!

    Finally!!

    You are not so oblivious after all!

    The only thing I care about Romney is that he has an "R" after his name. Heck, I would have been happy with any other Republican Primary candidate getting the nod. Any of them would have gotten my vote for President.

    And...before you go off some deep end with that, I'll mention that every thing I've said this evening has pointed to my stated position...which is to give the Republicans the chance to reduce the size, scope and power of the government and to boot that failed Obama.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #133
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    HOT DAMN!!!

    Finally!!

    You are not so oblivious after all!
    This is rather poor way of admitting you got bested. Considering you're effectively abandoning everything you said earlier.

    The only thing I care about Romney is that he has an "R" after his name. Heck, I would have been happy with any other Republican Primary candidate getting the nod. Any of them would have gotten my vote for President.
    This is an even poorer way of arguing you're not a partisan.

    And...before you go off some deep end with that, I'll mention that every thing I've said this evening has pointed to my stated position...which is to give the Republicans the chance to reduce the size, scope and power of the government and to boot that failed Obama.
    Except that the candidate of choice has a history of not doing that. But you freely admit how he behaved doesn't matter. Nor does anything he did matter. What matters if the fact he's not a Democrat. And that somehow makes you not a partisan. Okay.

    How is choosing a candidate with a recorded history of big government, big intrusion and tax raises the " the chance to reduce the size, scope and power of the government?"
    Know what, I don't actually expect an answer.

    Have a good night Mycroft.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #134
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,878

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    This is rather poor way of admitting you got bested. Considering you're effectively abandoning everything you said earlier.



    This is an even poorer way of arguing you're not a partisan.



    Except that the candidate of choice has a history of not doing that. But you freely admit how he behaved doesn't matter. Nor does anything he did matter. What matters if the fact he's not a Democrat. And that somehow makes you not a partisan. Okay.

    How is choosing a candidate with a recorded history of big government, big intrusion and tax raises the " the chance to reduce the size, scope and power of the government?"
    Know what, I don't actually expect an answer.

    Have a good night Mycroft.
    LOL!!!

    You know what? I have my own definition of a blind partisan. One that you most assuredly meet.

    A person who...once they understand another's position...ignore that position and continue to repeat what they want to THINK the other person is saying.

    Cya.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #135
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    LOL!!!

    You know what? I have my own definition of a blind partisan. One that you most assuredly meet.
    I know. You define it as anyone you do not like.

    You admitted you are wholly and totally against the Democrats and that you are not a partisan.

    I criticize both parties and praise politicians from both parties, but because I dislike one candidate, I'm a partisan to you.

    Therefore you are clearly not using the actual definition of a partisan but instead your own definition of anyone who you dislike.

    A person who...once they understand another's position...ignore that position and continue to repeat what they want to THINK the other person is saying.
    Show me where I did that. Furthermore, by that definition, you are a partisan due to your constant ignoring the tax logic behind why Romney won't release 2009. You are guilty by your own definition.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •