View Poll Results: How Would Romney Govern?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • He'd side 90% or more with Republican conservatives

    19 44.19%
  • He'd challenge conservatives and/or compromise with moderate democrats

    10 23.26%
  • He'd take positions based on polling data

    14 32.56%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 135

Thread: How Would Romney Govern?

  1. #121
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Why isn't it right? You're not obligated to pay most of those fees unless you utilize the service related to them. Thus, any participation is voluntary. That seems much better to me than mandatory tax obligations. And those fees that WERE "mandatory" (i.e. drivers license renewals or vehicle registration renewals) might be a moderate hit, but they wouldn't be incredibly frequent.
    It says I won't raise your taxes, I'll just raise fees on all of your services. It's just a more sneaky way raising revenues IMO

  2. #122
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    It says I won't raise your taxes, I'll just raise fees on all of your services. It's just a more sneaky way raising revenues IMO
    I don't think it's sneaky at all. I think it puts the control in the hands of the citizens, instead of in the hands of legislators.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #123
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Let's get Romney drunk as **** and then ask him what he believes.

    Granted that might be hard on the account of being a Mormon and all. How Romney would govern is based on what he really believes.

    And only Mittens knows what Mittens really believes.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #124
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Let's get Romney drunk as **** and then ask him what he believes.

    Granted that might be hard on the account of being a Mormon and all. How Romney would govern is based on what he really believes.

    And only Mittens knows what Mittens really believes.
    As long as he works with the Republicans in Congress to reduce the size, scope and power of the government...and doesn't do any worse than Obama when dealing with the world (don't think he really CAN do worse), I don't care HOW he governs.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    As long as he works with the Republicans in Congress to reduce the size, scope and power of the government...and doesn't do any worse than Obama when dealing with the world (don't think he really CAN do worse), I don't care HOW he governs.
    You should at least have some type of standard to hold him to, rather than "as long as he doesn't **** up like the last guy, we're good."

  6. #126
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    As long as he works with the Republicans in Congress to reduce the size, scope and power of the government...and doesn't do any worse than Obama when dealing with the world (don't think he really CAN do worse), I don't care HOW he governs.
    You mean like how he raised taxes and fees as well as enacting Romneycare in Massachusetts?

    Apparently it was irrational to put hope in Obama, but it's not to expect Romney to do the exact opposite of what he did in Massachusetts.

    And people call me crazy.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #127
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You mean like how he raised taxes and fees as well as enacting Romneycare in Massachusetts?

    Apparently it was irrational to put hope in Obama, but it's not to expect Romney to do the exact opposite of what he did in Massachusetts.

    And people call me crazy.
    I don't care what he did in MA. That was a State...not a nation. He had a quite different State Congress to deal with than he will as President...and quite different issues to deal with. And, the demographics of the Citizens of MA is quite different than the demographics of the Citizens of the U.S. There just is no correlation.

    Now, Obama...we have a record of his actions as President for almost four years. We have a VERY good idea how he would govern in another term. Thanks, but no thanks.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #128
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't care what he did in MA. That was a State...not a nation. He had a quite different State Congress to deal with than he will as President...and quite different issues to deal with. And, the demographics of the Citizens of MA is quite different than the demographics of the Citizens of the U.S. There just is no correlation.
    I'm sorry. Are you serious?

    You cannot be serious. That HAS TO BE A JOKE.

    You just argued that nothing a candidate has done in the past matters because the Presidency is different. Therefore, we cannot actually judge Romney because nothing he did before the Presidency matters. Which then leads to the obvious problem of how are we to decide if Romney is a good candidate as per your logic, nothing he did before matters?

    Are you okay? Your posts are becoming less and less coherent everyday.

    Now, Obama...we have a record of his actions as President for almost four years. We have a VERY good idea how he would govern in another term. Thanks, but no thanks.
    Granted that is true, but you seem to think Congress has no impact upon Government or the economy.

    Okay, seriously, you're joking about that "nothing he did before matters" comment right?

    Right? That has to be joke.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #129
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You mean like how he raised taxes and fees as well as enacting Romneycare in Massachusetts?

    Apparently it was irrational to put hope in Obama, but it's not to expect Romney to do the exact opposite of what he did in Massachusetts.

    And people call me crazy.
    I've already answered that in other threads...you know, the other threads where you...with your partisan anti-Romny attitude...keep attacking him and my position on him.

    Go read it there.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #130
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: How Would Romney Govern?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    I'm sorry. Are you serious?

    You cannot be serious. That HAS TO BE A JOKE.

    You just argued that nothing a candidate has done in the past matters because the Presidency is different. Therefore, we cannot actually judge Romney because nothing he did before the Presidency matters. Which then leads to the obvious problem of how are we to decide if Romney is a good candidate as per your logic, nothing he did before matters?

    Are you okay? Your posts are becoming less and less coherent everyday.



    Granted that is true, but you seem to think Congress has no impact upon Government or the economy.

    Okay, seriously, you're joking about that "nothing he did before matters" comment right?

    Right? That has to be joke.
    Again, you display your inability to read...or at least, to understand what you read.

    I didn't say what he's done in the past doesn't matter. I said what he did as Governor of MA doesn't matter.

    Do you understand the difference?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •