View Poll Results: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nukes?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    12 21.05%
  • no

    45 78.95%
Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 598

Thread: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

  1. #81
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by EdWagemann View Post
    Here, read this. You might want to refine your statement:

    Nuclear Weapons


    Don't need to. I've been studying the effects of nukes for over 30 years. Hyperbole and alarmism are as commonplace as they are wrong. There are not enough nukes to eradicate humanity, let alone all-life-on-earth, let alone blow up the planet.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-31-12 @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    42

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    OUR crazy ass leaders are not QUITE as crazy as theirs.


    They're also more preoccupied with amassing wealth, fame, status, and blowjobs from strange women... which is good I suppose, as it keeps them out of REAL trouble more of the time...
    I think there is a tendency for some politicians to talk big and stir up certain nationalistic ferver. But they are not so stupid as to commit nuclear suicide.
    But if Isreal and Iran REALLY want to wipe each other out, then there is nothing we can do to stop them. We can do the Jimmy Carter thing and try to get their leaders together and sing kumbya. But really, the best thing to do is to take care of our own backyard before we go over to the neighbor's back yard and try to clean up their mess.

  3. #83
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by EdWagemann View Post
    I think there is a tendency for some politicians to talk big and stir up certain nationalistic ferver. But they are not so stupid as to commit nuclear suicide.
    But if Isreal and Iran REALLY want to wipe each other out, then there is nothing we can do to stop them. We can do the Jimmy Carter thing and try to get their leaders together and sing kumbya. But really, the best thing to do is to take care of our own backyard before we go over to the neighbor's back yard and try to clean up their mess.


    I'm perfectly okay with the USA having nukes. Preferably lots of them. Preferably the very BEST nukes, and delivery systems, anywhere in the world... and the best ABM systems too.

    Until they day comes when nobody in the entire world has any nukes at all.... and that, my friend, is a big ol' belly-laugh of a pipe dream. Stuffing a genie back into a bottle would be child's play by comparison.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-31-12 @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    42

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    I'm not one to promote stuffing the genie back into the bottle. Nukes are a part of reality and we must deal with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Don't need to. I've been studying the effects of nukes for over 30 years. Hyperbole and alarmism are as commonplace as they are wrong. There are not enough nukes to eradicate humanity, let alone all-life-on-earth, let alone blow up the planet.
    Well, lets at least compare our facts, shall we?

    By 1981, USA had 4,000 planes capable of delivering a nuclear bomb. Russia had 5000.

    USA defence spending for 1981 = 178 billion dollars. By 1986, it was 367 billion dollars.

    By 1986, it is estimated that throughout the world there were 40,000 nuclear warheads - the equivalent of one million Hiroshima bombs.

    British Intelligence estimated that just one medium sized H-bomb on London would essentially destroy anything living up to 30 miles away.

    The Nuclear Arms Race

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Who really cares why we do it, the bastards should of been bombed to their personal versions of hell a longtime ago for many, many different reasons. The only reason necessary is that they have declared themselves our enemy, so we should eliminate that enemy before they have any realistic chance of doing it to us, because if the miliary balance was reversed, we would all be dead or praying to allah several times every day. If you don't want the biggest kid on the yard to stomp you into a bloody mess, then don't make yourself his enemy.

  6. #86
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Hyperbole.

    Our shadow is merely an absence of light caused by matter blocking sunshine, and incapable of harm.

    Iran is an extremist regime with a revolutionary and apocalyptic creedo that may well induce them to attack our allies or us if they acquire the means... therefore capable of harm, lots of harm... especially with nukes and missles.

    Iran would still be no match militarily with the US, so it would be suicide to attack us, and Iran has not acted suicidal in the past by attacking the US. Therefore one's fears of Iran attacking us are comparable to fears of our shadow attacking us.


    Fear can make you go places you should not go. Look to Iraq for the most recent example!

    People need to get a grip on their fear!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Action against Iran should have been taken a long time ago when their military nuclear capability was less advance, but even now, the US is the only country able to destroy this capability before it becomes completely out of control and poses a world wide threat to stability.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Iran would still be no match militarily with the US, so it would be suicide to attack us, and Iran has not acted suicidal in the past by attacking the US. Therefore one's fears of Iran attacking us are comparable to fears of our shadow attacking us.


    Fear can make you go places you should not go. Look to Iraq for the most recent example!

    People need to get a grip on their fear!
    And what world do you live in that Muslim extremist do not carry out suicide attacks? That is the problem with Iran, they are muslim extremist, it is their religous blelief that all people should either be converted to their version of Islam or die. Since they believe the are doing allah's will, they believe he will protect them from reprecussions or they will die, which ever is his will. Doing his will is far more important to them than whether they live or die.

  9. #89
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Action against Iran should have been taken a long time ago when their military nuclear capability was less advance, but even now, the US is the only country able to destroy this capability before it becomes completely out of control and poses a world wide threat to stability.
    There is more evidence that Israel already has nuclear weapons than there is that Iran is close to having them.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #90
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    And what world do you live in that Muslim extremist do not carry out suicide attacks? That is the problem with Iran, they are muslim extremist, it is their religous blelief that all people should either be converted to their version of Islam or die. Since they believe the are doing allah's will, they believe he will protect them from reprecussions or they will die, which ever is his will. Doing his will is far more important to them than whether they live or die.

    Many nuclear countries have extremists, including our own.....................
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •