View Poll Results: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nukes?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    12 21.05%
  • no

    45 78.95%
Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 598

Thread: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

  1. #251
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    Maybe not anymore, but we have before.

    Your serious? Innocent German, other than children during Hitler? Man, I have to tell you, some of the responses from people on here tonight are far more hilarious than anything that has been on TV for a longtime.

  2. #252
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I go by deeds, not words.. The fact is the US is responsible for far more deaths of innocent people in the Middle East than is Iran during your lifetime.
    So, just to clarify things, because we might kill innocents, we should not conduct wartime operations against people trying to kill us? Uh, how exactly then are we supposed to stop them from trying to kill us?

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Man, is this a political debate tonight or a comedy show. Are you really so clueless that you think the MAD principle will work with muslim extremist? The best we can hope for from Iran with nukes is that they continue wanting to kill Sunni Muslims more than they want to kill us or Israel. Entirely possible since they do spend a lot more time and resources killing Sunni's than anyone else.
    Yes of course it will work.. It works for India, Pakistan and North Korea...

    Iran is not going to attack israel or bomb Israel.

    I just know the ME pretty well... and sadly I think the opportunity for a just peace passed in 2002.

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    Maybe not anymore, but we have before.

    Your link states that it was a "controversial" bombing (and during a war), not the intentional targeted murder of innocent people, like Iran does to it's OWN citizens. It sure SEEMS like you are trying to make the United States out to be crazy like the Iranian government. Why are you trying to make your country look bad?

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Your serious? Innocent German, other than children during Hitler? Man, I have to tell you, some of the responses from people on here tonight are far more hilarious than anything that has been on TV for a longtime.
    The 25,000 civilians weren't innocent? Why do you say that?

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I go by deeds, not words.. The fact is the US is responsible for far more deaths of innocent people in the Middle East than is Iran during your lifetime.
    So you think the United States leadership is as crazy as the Iranian regime?

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Last Seen
    10-12-14 @ 05:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Your link states that it was a "controversial" bombing (and during a war), not the intentional targeted murder of innocent people, like Iran does to it's OWN citizens. It sure SEEMS like you are trying to make the United States out to be crazy like the Iranian government. Why are you trying to make your country look bad?
    I'm not trying to make my country look bad, I'm trying to refute your point. You claimed the US doesn't intentionally target civilians, yet the bombings of Dresden, as well as the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki had more civilian casualties than military.

  8. #258
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So, just to clarify things, because we might kill innocents, we should not conduct wartime operations against people trying to kill us? Uh, how exactly then are we supposed to stop them from trying to kill us?
    Of what threat were the Iraqis to the US?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Das Sozialist View Post
    I'm not trying to make my country look bad, I'm trying to refute your point. You claimed the US doesn't intentionally target civilians, yet the bombings of Dresden, as well as the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki had more civilian casualties than military.
    NOT intentionally and during wars. There IS a difference whether you want to admit that or not.

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    08-09-13 @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,600

    Re: Should we bomb Iran to prevent their getting nuclear weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Of what threat were the Iraqis to the US?
    Neither Iraq nor Iran are a threat to the US.

Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •