View Poll Results: The U.S. Government at the highest levels: Friends or Foes?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friends

    5 13.16%
  • Foes

    21 55.26%
  • Neutral

    12 31.58%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: The US Government

  1. #21
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The US Government

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Judging by it's actions (meaning what they DO, not what they SAY), do you believe the actions of the US government (the spending, the war-mongering, trampling the constitution, passing deceptive bills that erode checks and balances, increasing instances of non-accountability, trillions funneled to black projects, etc.) do you believe their actions show that they are for our greater good or are they to the contrary, benefitting only those at the top of the pyramid?
    I think it demonstrates exactly what the founders warned about. Left unchecked, all government trends towards tyranny.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #22
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: The US Government

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    I likely won't vote, either. Voting for Ron Paul is also the equivalent of not voting.

    As far as the US government is concerned: corrupt to its core. Knock it down and rebuild. Repeat in another 200 years.
    I'll be voting, just not for the Obamney machine.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: The US Government

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Just vote 3rd party. We're being lied to about the numbers so who knows. If there's more of us than we've been led to believe and we all vote 3rd party... it's a better chance than no vote at all.
    I am still voting the lesser of two evils, Obama must go. Also, don't know of any 3rd party candidates that I see as any more sensible or workable than the Romney option. Sadly, I don't see any positive options available only less negative ones.

  4. #24
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The US Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    I'll be voting, just not for the Obamney machine.
    Who then? 10 characters
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  5. #25
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: The US Government

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Who then? 10 characters
    Gary Johnson. I like the majority of his political stances. Until the Democrats and Republicans can get their **** straight, and stop treating elections for our nation's leadership as some kind of game, I can't in good conscience vote for either.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  6. #26
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,657

    Re: The US Government

    I had to vote "Friend", not just because I think the government is my friend (and I do), but because I also wanted to make sure that the poll results continue to resemble a penis and two testicles.

    Do you part, or else one of the berries will continue to look a little misshaped.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #27
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: The US Government

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    "Refusing to vote is the equivalent of "none of the above", though voting third party is a more effective form of voters protest. I've done it before, and I'm going to do it again in November. "

    I disagree. Not voting doesn't compare to an actual vote that says "none of the above." For example Romney gets 19%, Obama gets 19% and "none of the above" gets 62%. End of discussion.
    Well put.
    They don't want us to vote. So not voting will do nothing. We ARE headed for a REV-----------------------OLUTION, that is.

  8. #28
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: The US Government

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I am still voting the lesser of two evils, Obama must go. Also, don't know of any 3rd party candidates that I see as any more sensible or workable than the Romney option. Sadly, I don't see any positive options available only less negative ones.

    I know this sounds just, absolutely incredibly unbelievable, but Obama is the lesser. Please don't vote Romney.

  9. #29
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,208

    Re: The US Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I had to vote "Friend", not just because I think the government is my friend (and I do), but because I also wanted to make sure that the poll results continue to resemble a penis and two testicles.

    Do you part, or else one of the berries will continue to look a little misshaped.
    lol
    lol
    lol

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    01-03-13 @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    294

    Re: The US Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I had to vote "Friend", not just because I think the government is my friend (and I do), but because I also wanted to make sure that the poll results continue to resemble a penis and two testicles.

    Do you part, or else one of the berries will continue to look a little misshaped.
    I like your logic- I followed you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •