View Poll Results: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody rights?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2 2.22%
  • No

    76 84.44%
  • Other

    12 13.33%
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 235

Thread: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody[W:56]

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody right

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    He married a stripper. Because to a young HM in Pendleton, strippers are cool.

    Bull****. Any lawyer will tell a woman about the 'nuclear option'. It is not a small number. And women rights groups will tell them its justified for getting back at years of repression.

    Does any realize what they 'force' men to go through to prove they are not a sexual predator on minors?
    Are you saying that you think MOST women do would do this? Maybe your views are skewed because of your own bad personal experiences with women, but I can tell you that I know LOTS of women too, and they would never do something like that.

    As far as your question, no.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody right

    What the hell is the difference between you saying that and me saying . . . a lot of men are rapists and child molesters. Realize that it's individual PEOPLE who are jerks; it is not something that is limited to one gender or the other.

  3. #143
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody right

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Are you saying that you think MOST women do would do this? Maybe your views are skewed because of your own bad personal experiences with women, but I can tell you that I know LOTS of women too, and they would never do something like that.

    As far as your question, no.
    I have had great experiences with women. I don't think most women do it. I think most women are advised to do it. I think most women are vindictive when they grab the children and leave, and are especially vindictive if they didn't manage to get the children. My views are skewed, every horrible divorce I have yet witnessed has pretty much ended similarly.

    Me and my wife just shake our heads. We figure if the numb nuts would think about things before having kids, then this stupid **** wouldn't happen.

    What is a psychosexual evaluation? - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

    They strap sensors to your penis, and then flash images at you. They measures your brains response to the flash of child porn.

    That only difference in that story is my brother never let her take his daughter. Had he, it could have ended up the same. We she made this last one and I had custody, who knows it could have. He has 100% disability for PTSD.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  4. #144
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody right

    Sorry to derail. But it does highlight what we are potentially including when we talk about rape. And considering there is no conviction or proof, what we could be potentially talking about with the OP article.

    So in light of that, are we speaking about legitimate rape? Or the articles accusations of rape?
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody right

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    I have had great experiences with women. I don't think most women do it. I think most women are advised to do it. I think most women are vindictive when they grab the children and leave, and are especially vindictive if they didn't manage to get the children. My views are skewed, every horrible divorce I have yet witnessed has pretty much ended similarly.

    Me and my wife just shake our heads. We figure if the numb nuts would think about things before having kids, then this stupid **** wouldn't happen.

    What is a psychosexual evaluation? - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

    They strap sensors to your penis, and then flash images at you. They measures your brains response to the flash of child porn.

    That only difference in that story is my brother never let her take his daughter. Had he, it could have ended up the same. We she made this last one and I had custody, who knows it could have. He has 100% disability for PTSD.
    And I could sit here and tell you horror stories that I've heard from other women about their spouses and boyfriends too. That doesn't mean anything, especially when you only get one side of the story. There are just as many male jerks as female jerks. Men are also advised by attorneys. There are many factors taken into consideration during divorces and custody battles. Sure, women usually end up with the children if they are fit because people think it is better for a child to be with the mom, probably because of nurturing reasons. You say that your brother has custody, so in this case it turned out in his favor and the system apparently worked the way it should.

  6. #146
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody right

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And I could sit here and tell you horror stories that I've heard from other women about their spouses and boyfriends too. That doesn't mean anything, especially when you only get one side of the story. There are just as many male jerks as female jerks. Men are also advised by attorneys. There are many factors taken into consideration during divorces and custody battles. Sure, women usually end up with the children if they are fit because people think it is better for a child to be with the mom, probably because of nurturing reasons. You say that your brother has custody, so in this case it turned out in his favor and the system apparently worked the way it should.
    It does mean something when by default one side is believed over another. And the side is chosen based on gender. Nurturing reasons is insufficient to satisfy the required equal protection.

    It hasn't turned out in his favor. He has had to go through horrible and prolonged court battles, face humiliating public accusations and results of embarassing tests. He has paid thousands for his own defense. Had he not paid the enormous cost of a decent lawyer, he would have lost custody.

    While her accusations are State funded, she has had zero consequences for her accusations. Just like the writer of the article.
    Last edited by Aberration; 08-26-12 at 04:11 PM.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody right

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    It does mean something when by default one side is believed over another. And the side is chosen based on gender.
    But that isn't what happened in your brother's case. I don't think that it is default that one side is believed over the other. Rape has to be proven. They don't throw men in jail just because a women says "he raped me." Sure, some people are wrongfully convicted sometimes. That is going to happen sometimes, unless you want to do away with a justice system altogether.

    I can agree with you about custody though. Both parents should be looked at as the people they are and not their gender.

  8. #148
    Guru
    Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,699

    Re: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody right

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    But that isn't what happened in your brother's case. I don't think that it is default that one side is believed over the other. Rape has to be proven. They don't throw men in jail just because a women says "he raped me." Sure, some people are wrongfully convicted sometimes. That is going to happen sometimes, unless you want to do away with a justice system altogether.

    I can agree with you about custody though. Both parents should be looked at as the people they are and not their gender.
    No that is what happened. He just got a lawyer to defend himself, at an enormous cost. It is a fact it is by default. And in the instance of a rape accusation you will in fact be tossed into jail. Try it. Then with the protection order shes got, go and try to get your kids.

    It has nothing to do with conviction.

    Seriously, look into it. Its a ****ed up system.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  9. #149
    Professor
    Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-13 @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,179

    Re: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody[W:56]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I just found out the following:


    Now, I am thoroughly disgusted. I am disgusted because I don't think a woman should not be forced to interact with her rapist for the rest of her life. Moreover, I don't think a child should be, even partially, raised by someone so disgusting and who has an inherently toxic relationship with them and their mother.

    Do you agree or disagree?
    He should be granted visitation rights at the cemetery in which is buried following his execution.
    It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: If a man fathers a child through rape, should he have visitation or custody right

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    No that is what happened. He just got a lawyer to defend himself, at an enormous cost. It is a fact it is by default. And in the instance of a rape accusation you will in fact be tossed into jail. Try it. Then with the protection order shes got, go and try to get your kids.

    It has nothing to do with conviction.

    Seriously, look into it. Its a ****ed up system.
    I know the system is screwy. I will look into it more, but I have to say, just like a LOT of crimes, when accused you go to jail and then bail out or wait for court. That is not unusual.

    In this particular case, since the man was never convicted, it is definitely questionable. Although, I can't see this woman going out and making a huge deal out of this if it was all a made up story. Not impossible though.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •