View Poll Results: Who is better managing campaign funds?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romney

    10 76.92%
  • Obama

    2 15.38%
  • Other/The Same

    1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Who Is Doing a Better Job Managing Campaign Funds?

  1. #1
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Who Is Doing a Better Job Managing Campaign Funds?

    Romney says he

    "You've perhaps noticed in the paper, we're a little wiser in our spending of dollars than the other side, apparently," Romney said. "I'm not managing their campaign for them, but we're going to spend our money wisely, we're going to spend it to win."


    His comment came a day after both campaigns filed their July fundraising reports with the Federal Election Commission. According to FEC reports, Romney and the Republican National Committee ended last month with $185 million in the bank—nearly $60 million more than Obama and the Democratic National Committee, which reported just $127 million in the bank.
    Now what spurs this question is that some believe that how best to spend your campaign money is changing, that with the amount of money being raised and that will be spent on this presidential election(already over a half billion), the old conventional wisdom is no longer true. Those people believe that at a certain point, spending in a month, week, day, just does not ad much, that you hit a point of saturation. That therefore it is better to spend early and set the impressions in voters minds.

    With that(and more) in mind, who do you think is doing s smarter job managing campaign funds?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #2
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Who Is Doing a Better Job Managing Campaign Funds?

    I have no idea how either of them manage their campaign funds....all I know is that romney has had more to spend.

  3. #3
    User Wicked Weasel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Last Seen
    11-06-12 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    36

    Re: Who Is Doing a Better Job Managing Campaign Funds?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I have no idea how either of them manage their campaign funds....all I know is that romney has had more to spend.
    No, not really. Not even close.

    July 2012

    Obama - $49.1 million

    Romney - $40.3 million

    2nd Quarter 2012

    Obama - $110.7 million

    Romney - $68.1 million

    1st Quarter 2012

    Obama - $68.2 million

    Romney - $31.5 million

    4th Quarter 2011

    Obama - 39.9 million

    Romney - $24.2 million

    3rd Quarter 2011

    Obama - $42.0 million

    Romney - $14.2 million

    2nd Quarter 2011

    Obama - $46.3 million

    Romney - $18.3 million

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundrai...ntial_election

    “I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity"

    Edgar Allan Poe

  4. #4
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Who Is Doing a Better Job Managing Campaign Funds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel View Post
    No, not really. Not even close.

    July 2012

    Obama - $49.1 million

    Romney - $40.3 million

    2nd Quarter 2012

    Obama - $110.7 million

    Romney - $68.1 million

    1st Quarter 2012

    Obama - $68.2 million

    Romney - $31.5 million

    4th Quarter 2011

    Obama - 39.9 million

    Romney - $24.2 million

    3rd Quarter 2011

    Obama - $42.0 million

    Romney - $14.2 million

    2nd Quarter 2011

    Obama - $46.3 million

    Romney - $18.3 million

    Fundraising for the 2012 United States presidential election - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    heh everything im reading says romeny has been raising more...I dont know Im going to take a better look weasel

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,198

    Re: Who Is Doing a Better Job Managing Campaign Funds?

    I'm going to go with Romney as spending his campaign money more wisely. But with those SuperPAC's spending money for both candidates maybe it doesn't really matter since there's going to be a heck of a lot of ads for both of them either way.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  6. #6
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who Is Doing a Better Job Managing Campaign Funds?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    heh everything im reading says romeny has been raising more...I dont know Im going to take a better look weasel
    Romney has outraised Obama I think the last 3 months. Romney currently has more cash on hand.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #7
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Who Is Doing a Better Job Managing Campaign Funds?

    What the hell does "better" mean?

    If by matching outflows to inflows, Romney.
    If by utilizing money to frame your opponent in a manner he can't redefine: Obama.

    Remember, elections are not won by who ends up with more money or least in debt. So conserving money and losing does not equate to managing campaign finances better because you ultimately wasted millions. On the flip side, if blowing your cash early wins you the election, then you have managed campaign finances better because you ultimately succeeded.

    "Better" is a subjective term that only really turns objective after the election.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who Is Doing a Better Job Managing Campaign Funds?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    What the hell does "better" mean?

    If by matching outflows to inflows, Romney.
    If by utilizing money to frame your opponent in a manner he can't redefine: Obama.

    Remember, elections are not won by who ends up with more money or least in debt. So conserving money and losing does not equate to managing campaign finances better because you ultimately wasted millions. On the flip side, if blowing your cash early wins you the election, then you have managed campaign finances better because you ultimately succeeded.

    "Better" is a subjective term that only really turns objective after the election.
    Better would be planing your finances to to most help your chances to win the election. You are correct, saving money but losing is not good management.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #9
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Who Is Doing a Better Job Managing Campaign Funds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Romney has outraised Obama I think the last 3 months. Romney currently has more cash on hand.

    Thats what I had thought from all im seeing...and lets not forget that millions upon millions being spent FOR ROMNY by the koch brothers and sheldon adelsen....there is an undercurrent of hundreds of millions being spent on behalf of romney aside from his own campaign coffers...

  10. #10
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Who Is Doing a Better Job Managing Campaign Funds?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Better would be planing your finances to to most help your chances to win the election. You are correct, saving money but losing is not good management.
    Indeed. Considering how Ryan gave Romney at most a 1% boost, it looks in terms of defining your opponent in a way that is detrimental to their campaign that they cannot redefine, that Obama is winning this race. And it looks like the vast majority of people have already made their minds up. So more money being spent doesn't really help. Obama is still leading after massive amounts of money flowing to Romney. In a race where the choices are relatively unknown, more money may be helpful, but in a polarized race where people are willing to completely ignore the fact that their candidate's ticket is doing the exact same thing their ticket is doing, I don't see how it matters. Reason has largely left this election.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •