View Poll Results: Are Ronmey's undisclosed tax returns equal in importance to Obama's college records?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Obama's college records are of equal value to Romney's tax returns

    19 20.00%
  • No. Its just the best political come back the GOP can come up with under the circumstances

    42 44.21%
  • Neither tax or college records matter in the election.

    22 23.16%
  • Other

    12 12.63%
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 209

Thread: Are Romney's undisclosed taxes equally relavant to Obama's college records?

  1. #161
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Are Romney's undisclosed taxes equally relavant to Obama's college records?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Again, not my fault you have no grasp of the topic at hand.

    Do you even know what UBS is? I seriously doubt it.

    Again, you're the one arguing it is normal for campaigns to help their opponents spread dirty rumors about themselves.

    Not me. I'm in fact saying that's WHY Romney has something worse. You seem to think it's normal campaign behavior to help your opponents tear your own candidate down.



    This coming from a guy who thinks its normal for campaigns to actively help their opponents spread dirty rumors about their own candidate.
    HAHA!!!

    That, what? The tenth time you posted that crazy taxer talk to me? Do you REALLY think you are making a point here?

    Like I said...you aren't smart enough to figure out when to quit.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  2. #162
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are Romney's undisclosed taxes equally relavant to Obama's college records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    HAHA!!!

    That, what? The tenth time you posted that crazy taxer talk to me? Do you REALLY think you are making a point here?

    Like I said...you aren't smart enough to figure out when to quit.
    You are not following OC's point. It is simply political calculations. If it is less damaging politically to release the tax forms, you release them. If it is less damaging to not release them, you don't. Note that phrase "damaging politically", which is different from being illegal, immoral, or inappropriate. Romney could have done nothing wrong, but still have things in his tax records that would be damaging politically.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #163
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Are Romney's undisclosed taxes equally relavant to Obama's college records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    HAHA!!!

    That, what? The tenth time you posted that crazy taxer talk to me? Do you REALLY think you are making a point here?

    Like I said...you aren't smart enough to figure out when to quit.
    Again, this coming from a guy who thinks its normal for campaigns to actively help their opponents spread dirty rumors about their own candidate.

    You know, claims against birtherism actually rely upon facts. Your SOLE defense is "YOU'RE A TAXER, THEREFORE YOU'RE WRONG"
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #164
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Are Romney's undisclosed taxes equally relavant to Obama's college records?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Again, this coming from a guy who thinks its normal for campaigns to actively help their opponents spread dirty rumors about their own candidate.

    You know, claims against birtherism actually rely upon facts. Your SOLE defense is "YOU'RE A TAXER, THEREFORE YOU'RE WRONG"
    And again...the broken record skips.

    yawn...
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #165
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Are Romney's undisclosed taxes equally relavant to Obama's college records?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Again, this coming from a guy who thinks its normal for campaigns to actively help their opponents spread dirty rumors about their own candidate.

    You know, claims against birtherism actually rely upon facts. Your SOLE defense is "YOU'RE A TAXER, THEREFORE YOU'RE WRONG"
    skip......
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #166
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Are Romney's undisclosed taxes equally relavant to Obama's college records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are not following OC's point.
    Well, that's because he's a hardcore partisan and it's election season. Thinking often goes out the window.

    It is simply political calculations. If it is less damaging politically to release the tax forms, you release them. If it is less damaging to not release them, you don't. Note that phrase "damaging politically", which is different from being illegal, immoral, or inappropriate. Romney could have done nothing wrong, but still have things in his tax records that would be damaging politically.
    Absolutely. Romney could upload a copy of his 2005~2009 returns in less than 20 minutes and utterly show the claim he paid nothing to be (rightfully) proven wrong. Hell, he doesn't even need to do it. He can get his accountant to release it for him. That's like 10 seconds of time spent in an e-mail. He'd also release something far worse in the process. This is the easiest dirty rumor to refute in a long, long time.

    The ease at which Romney can prove the Democrats are so wrong on their no taxes paid claim and his steadfast refusal to do so is logically damning as to why he won't do it. Furthermore he cannot release 2004~2008 and leave a gap of 2009 without raising massive suspicion as to why he refused to release 2009. He has to release a continuous block to allay suspicion.

    Romney would be truly idiotic to actually release. It is sooooooooooo much better for voters to think you got high powered attorneys to get you to zero liability legally then it is to admit you got caught in an international tax shelter scandal.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #167
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Are Romney's undisclosed taxes equally relavant to Obama's college records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    And again...the broken record skips.

    yawn...
    Well, I can't expect much thinking from someone who's best argument is "YOU'RE A TAXER, THEREFORE YOU'RE WRONG!"

    And your refusal to actually address my point gives me free license to argue you think it's normal for campaigns to actively help their opponents spread dirty rumors about their own candidate
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #168
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Are Romney's undisclosed taxes equally relavant to Obama's college records?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Well, I can't expect much thinking from someone who's best argument is "YOU'RE A TAXER, THEREFORE YOU'RE WRONG!"

    And your refusal to actually address my point gives me free license to argue you think it's normal for campaigns to actively help their opponents spread dirty rumors about their own candidate
    And I can't expect much worth considering from a broken record.

    skip......
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #169
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Are Romney's undisclosed taxes equally relavant to Obama's college records?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    And I can't expect much worth considering from a broken record.

    skip......
    I get that you don't want to deal with the arguments being made here. I also get you only have one rebuttal. I also get you have no understanding of the topic.

    And I get you don't like me pointing out how you think what the campaign is doing is normal.

    But merely because you are unable to man up doesn't mean I have to stop with actual thinking. You are free to turn off your brain.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #170
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Are Romney's undisclosed taxes equally relavant to Obama's college records?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    I get that you don't want to deal with the arguments being made here. I also get you only have one rebuttal. I also get you have no understanding of the topic.

    And I get you don't like me pointing out how you think what the campaign is doing is normal.

    But merely because you are unable to man up doesn't mean I have to stop with actual thinking. You are free to turn off your brain.
    skip......
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •