View Poll Results: Should a person have the right to choose death?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 92.31%
  • No

    5 7.69%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 178

Thread: Euthanasia and assisted suicide

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Euthanasia and assisted suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    it's only Monday 3. 25 pm here in Sydney

    but thanks anyway
    Anytime...

  2. #122
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Euthanasia and assisted suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Please do not talk about smoking! It is nobody's business if I or anybody else wants to smoke or drink or consume sugar or whatever!!!!!!!

    What is this? the smoking Nazi police? Prohibition America?

    So sick of the nanny state and the nazi nanny followers!
    Who has said a word about a nanny state or anything of the sort? You choose what you want to do and you suffer the consequences of your decisions. Full stop.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #123
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Euthanasia and assisted suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    My 'problem' is that, even though I do not smoke anymore, to not be bothered at the prospect of tens/hundreds of millions of fathers/mothers/sons/daughters who smoke dropping dead tomorrow (as you in essence typed) is callous in the extremis.
    No, that's their choice. Nobody held a gun to their head and told them to smoke/drink in excess/do drugs/speed on the highway/jump off buildings/etc. They made a decision and they are solely liable for the consequences of said decision. Nobody is talking about stopping these people from doing unsafe things, only in holding them responsible for what they choose, of their own free will, to do.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Euthanasia and assisted suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Who has said a word about a nanny state or anything of the sort? You choose what you want to do and you suffer the consequences of your decisions. Full stop.

    If you please? Calm down?

    I was replying to DA60

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Euthanasia and assisted suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    No, that's their choice. Nobody held a gun to their head and told them to smoke/drink in excess/do drugs/speed on the highway/jump off buildings/etc. They made a decision and they are solely liable for the consequences of said decision. Nobody is talking about stopping these people from doing unsafe things, only in holding them responsible for what they choose, of their own free will, to do.
    Wanting people to be responsible is one thing.

    Not being bothered if millions and millions of people drop dead tomorrow is quite another.


    Have a nice day.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Euthanasia and assisted suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Wanting people to be responsible is one thing.

    Not being bothered if millions and millions of people drop dead tomorrow is quite another.


    Have a nice day.

    ...and if people want to drop dead by their own volition is none of your business.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Euthanasia and assisted suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    ...and if people want to drop dead by their own volition is none of your business.
    I agree.


    Have a nice day.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Euthanasia and assisted suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I agree.


    Have a nice day.

    Why.. thank you

  9. #129
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Euthanasia and assisted suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    If you please? Calm down?

    I was replying to DA60
    In a public forum where anyone is welcome to respond. There are private messages for a reason.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #130
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Euthanasia and assisted suicide

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Not being bothered if millions and millions of people drop dead tomorrow is quite another.
    Actions have consequences. Deal with it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •