View Poll Results: Would you vote for a woman running for president if she held your political views?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd be happy and excited to vote for a woman

    93 79.49%
  • I would have some hesitations, but vote for her if she was best qualified

    17 14.53%
  • I would vote for her only if there wasn't a qualified man

    2 1.71%
  • I would not vote for a woman even if she held my views

    5 4.27%
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Results 301 to 310 of 310

Thread: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

  1. #301
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I truly hope America never does "catch up" to Asia and Europe. Believe it or not, some of our families LEFT these places to come to America simply because of our "undeveloped" culture and civilization. At a large family gathering in July part of my family had a long converstaion about whether the Patriarch of our family would have come to the US of 2012 when he brought his family here in 1900. The general consensus was that he would NOT have left the Germany of 1900 for the USA of 2012; mostly on philosophical/values grounds. Instead, he would likely have stayed in Germany as a farmer.
    But, would he have left the Germany of the 1930s and 1940s for the United States of 2012 on philosophical/values grounds?

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    We are "privileged" to be living in America, and freedom and liberty are LIMITED rights.
    Yes, we are Privileged, by the Gods above to be Americans. Freedom and Liberty are nowhere near limited enough in my mind, under our current system.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Nothing is "black and white", its all shades of gray.
    On that we will most definitely have to disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    And, Tigger, if, as you say, freedom and liberty are privileges, WHO GRANTS THEM ???
    They should be granted by the Government, to those Citizens who have proven the ability to make proper and appropriate decisions in terms of thought, word, and deed, throughout their lives. I believe in a system where Citizenship itself would be a Privilege rather than a Right. One that would have to be EARNED and which would be much easier to LOSE than to EARN.

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    But, would he have left the Germany of the 1930s and 1940s for the United States of 2012 on philosophical/values grounds?
    Probably NOT.

  4. #304
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Probably NOT.
    Because.......?

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    So, you believe there are things "wrong" with our nation now ?....Things that were OK in the Germany of 1900.
    Please describe one .... I know there are are things that can be improved...
    Women's Sufferage. The Right of Women to Vote. Traditional Family Values and Gender Roles. That's a BIG one.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    I believe that we are overly conservative, that too many of us are intolerant - hateful - fearful .....
    Of course, I'll plow away my fears and prejudges and vote for a human as president....being an atheist, being a "non-man", being a homosexual, being of African origin, being handicapped - MATTER NOT !!!! Its the brain that matters !
    I believe that we are nowhere near Conservative ENOUGH. Religion, Race, and Handicap Status I wil agree with you whole-heartedly on. You're right that it's the Brain and the Heart that matter. Philosophy and Ideology above all.

  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by zstep18 View Post
    Because.......?
    Mostly because the USA of 2012 has zero morals, values, or principles. I don't believe there's any time period he would not have preferred to what we have here in the USA today.

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    I would vote for a woman if she were the best qualified....no question.

  8. #308
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Look at it this way.... 15 years ago the number of homeschooling families in the United States was relatively low. The idea was considered an aberation by the majority of educators. Now it's a growing institution that must be taken seriously by educators and education overseers throughout the nation. Many of those people are the same type of people that I'm talking about. The Traditionalist society exists in the same sort of shadows that the homeschooling society does. In fact they overlap to a large degree.



    I do believe those were better times, philosophically, than what we have today.



    No I don't. I simply comprehend that there is no arguement that I'm going to put forth that you're going to listen to, so I'm not going to invest my time and energy in beating my head against a wall.
    no need to respond, you admit theres no logic and rational behind your unsupportable OPINION, thats good enough for me

    but if you THINK you have one try it because for the record I ALWAYS listen to logic, facts and rational reason, its what honest, objective, smart people do

    im good with that
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #309
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-12 @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    498

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    The first option seems to basically state "I WILL VOTE FOR A WOMAN BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN", the middle two "I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN", while the last "NO BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN" How come there is no "I WILL VOTE FOR WHOEVER THE BEST CANDIDATE" option?

    Because that is the one I would choose.

  10. #310
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    The idea of proof or reason behind it is nowhere in the standard definition of Faith. There may be a reason they believe that way, but it is not necessarily based on any form of proof or knowledge.
    Reason and proof are not the samething, nor are proof or knowlege ....

    Reason is just having a rational basis for belief ... Faith is no where defined as belief without any rational basis.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •