View Poll Results: Would you vote for a woman running for president if she held your political views?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd be happy and excited to vote for a woman

    93 79.49%
  • I would have some hesitations, but vote for her if she was best qualified

    17 14.53%
  • I would vote for her only if there wasn't a qualified man

    2 1.71%
  • I would not vote for a woman even if she held my views

    5 4.27%
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 310

Thread: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

  1. #291
    Professor
    zstep18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,770

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Nope. A true Conservative understands that Freedom and Liberty are PRIVILEGES, which should only be available to those who have PROVEN an ability to maintain actual Principles in their life.
    Where in this history of conservative thinking, has a "true" conservative said that freedom and liberty are privileges? Name a "true" conservative you said this, besides yourself of course.

  2. #292
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I agree that there ARE sets of Morals and Values other than my own. There are two sets in the world.... Conservatism and Liberalism. Anything else cannot, by definition by Principles, Morals or Values because anything else can only be an amalgamation of parts of the two sets of values and therefore has no actual Morals, Values, or Principles to it at all. These things are 100%/0% equations. There is no 90% Conservative or 25% Liberal. You are either 100% on board with the set of Values or you really don't believe in anything.
    Oh really? Some things by definition are completely black and white. However, for the most part, life and politics especially are most certainly not black and white. A person that holds some conservative viewpoints and some liberal viewpoints (as defined by American standards) most certainly DOES have morals, values and principles. You say that a person who doesn't claim to be 100% of one or the other doesn't believe in anything? I strongly disagree with you.

    Even when I was a GOP member, I was not 100% 'on board' with their entire platform. I was in agreement with the majority, but not all. What you've described in your quoted post above, unless I'm mistaken - and at which time an apology will be forthcoming - is that you believe in the 'towing the party line' at any cost.

    Is this what you are saying, or did I miss something in your post.

  3. #293
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    Is this what you are saying, or did I miss something in your post.
    You missed the fact that Tigger isn't rational.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  4. #294
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I agree that there ARE sets of Morals and Values other than my own. There are two sets in the world.... Conservatism and Liberalism. Anything else cannot, by definition by Principles, Morals or Values because anything else can only be an amalgamation of parts of the two sets of values and therefore has no actual Morals, Values, or Principles to it at all. These things are 100%/0% equations. There is no 90% Conservative or 25% Liberal. You are either 100% on board with the set of Values or you really don't believe in anything.
    Then why on earth would you think a democrat (not the political party) like Andrew Jackson believes in what you believe?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #295
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Five percent of us are living in the Dark Ages. Not too bad, really...
    Of course, the people here at DP are above average , socially...
    IMO, the reason we trail Europe, socially, is that they have "been around" for millenia while we as Americans have only been here for several hundred years...
    And, IMO, due to the break, we are fearful, and overly conservative...
    They (Europeans, and Asians) have had much more uninterrupted time to develop culture and civilization..
    We may never catch up...

  6. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    Oh really? Some things by definition are completely black and white. However, for the most part, life and politics especially are most certainly not black and white. A person that holds some conservative viewpoints and some liberal viewpoints (as defined by American standards) most certainly DOES have morals, values and principles. You say that a person who doesn't claim to be 100% of one or the other doesn't believe in anything? I strongly disagree with you.
    EVERYTHING in life is Black and White, if you actually have principles. Now, if you're willing to toss your purported principles aside every time they're the least bit inconvenient (as most Americans do), then you really don't believe in anything. You CANNOT be a Fiscal Conservative and yet claim to be a Social Liberal. The guiding principles of both Conservative and Liberal philosophy do not stop at the Fiscal/Social border and never have.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    Even when I was a GOP member, I was not 100% 'on board' with their entire platform. I was in agreement with the majority, but not all. What you've described in your quoted post above, unless I'm mistaken - and at which time an apology will be forthcoming - is that you believe in the 'towing the party line' at any cost.

    Is this what you are saying, or did I miss something in your post.
    Not really. First off, I don't believe that we should have Political Parties. I believe they should be outlawed. What I am suggesting is more the opposite of "Towing the Party Line". What I believe in is Walking the Talk. Living by the Principle, even when it is inconvenient, unpopular, or hazardous to one's life/lifestyle. If you don't believe in something enough to have it be something you embrace in your entire life, then I don't think you really believe in it.

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Five percent of us are living in the Dark Ages. Not too bad, really...
    Of course, the people here at DP are above average , socially...
    IMO, the reason we trail Europe, socially, is that they have "been around" for millenia while we as Americans have only been here for several hundred years...
    And, IMO, due to the break, we are fearful, and overly conservative...
    They (Europeans, and Asians) have had much more uninterrupted time to develop culture and civilization..
    We may never catch up...
    I truly hope America never does "catch up" to Asia and Europe. Believe it or not, some of our families LEFT these places to come to America simply because of our "undeveloped" culture and civilization. At a large family gathering in July part of my family had a long converstaion about whether the Patriarch of our family would have come to the US of 2012 when he brought his family here in 1900. The general consensus was that he would NOT have left the Germany of 1900 for the USA of 2012; mostly on philosophical/values grounds. Instead, he would likely have stayed in Germany as a farmer.

  8. #298
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Nope. A true Conservative understands that Freedom and Liberty are PRIVILEGES, which should only be available to those who have PROVEN an ability to maintain actual Principles in their life.
    We are "privileged" to be living in America, and freedom and liberty are LIMITED rights.
    Nothing is "black and white", its all shades of gray.
    And, Tigger, if, as you say, freedom and liberty are privileges, WHO GRANTS THEM ???

  9. #299
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    I see what you mean, Tigger.....to an extent....
    So, you believe there are things "wrong" with our nation now ?....Things that were OK in the Germany of 1900.
    Please describe one ....
    I know there are are things that can be improved..
    I believe that we are overly conservative, that too many of us are intolerant - hateful - fearful .....
    Of course, I'll plow away my fears and prejudges and vote for a human as president....being an atheist, being a "non-man", being a homosexual, being of African origin, being handicapped - MATTER NOT !!!!
    Its the brain that matters !

  10. #300
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,809

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Without hesitation I'd vote for a qualified best candidate who happened to be a woman. I would not, however, vote for Hillary or Chelsea, or a Romney girl or a Cheney or a Kennedy or a Bush daughter, an Obama daughter or a Biden daughter, nor for Condy Rice. In fact I wouldn't vote for the sons, daughters, wives, husbands, uncles or aunts of former presidents, vice presidents or secretaries of state or defense.

    No more semi royal families. I'm sick of that. We fought a good war to stop that. Sheeple want to continue it.

    Women in the White House? Yes. Yes, as long as they get they are part of a semi-royal American family.



    And no, not the Space cadet from Alaska or Bachmann.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •