View Poll Results: Would you vote for a woman running for president if she held your political views?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd be happy and excited to vote for a woman

    93 79.49%
  • I would have some hesitations, but vote for her if she was best qualified

    17 14.53%
  • I would vote for her only if there wasn't a qualified man

    2 1.71%
  • I would not vote for a woman even if she held my views

    5 4.27%
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 310

Thread: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

  1. #241
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Well it could be that 'tradition' so beloved by some practices willful ignorance. Not new or particularly unique. Or particularly honest with yourself.

    Traditions are as common as grains of sand. Some traditions killed babies with the slightest flaw. Some left the infirmed to die rather than accommodate them in the slightest. Some traditions and societies spawned bastard fathers and worthless mothers not to mention emotionally crippled offspring.

    Some are pick and choose as the 'traditionalist' needs for the moment.

    It is easy to refrain from things you suck at or are not capable of doing to most anyone's satisfaction.

    I don't know how much money you make Tigger but if you do manage more than 22K a year you need a better lawyer. Until there is a female commander in chief you are safe from the Secret Service swooping in. Besides last we spoke of 'them' coming to get you you claimed your brite and shiny 45 was meant for yourself alone. I doubt anyone thinks you are a threat to anyone other than those closest to you.

    You either have a poor memory or a shifting set of principles. Easy enough to have happen when someone picks and chooses a 'moral code'- moral slip and evolving principles.

    You probably should identify the 'society' you claim helps guide you because it damn sure isn't this one. Who else do you learn from and interact with as part of this 'society' you mention?

  2. #242
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Well it could be that 'tradition' so beloved by some practices willful ignorance. Not new or particularly unique. Or particularly honest with yourself.

    Traditions are as common as grains of sand. Some traditions killed babies with the slightest flaw. Some left the infirmed to die rather than accommodate them in the slightest. Some traditions and societies spawned bastard fathers and worthless mothers not to mention emotionally crippled offspring.

    Some are pick and choose as the 'traditionalist' needs for the moment.

    It is easy to refrain from things you suck at or are not capable of doing to most anyone's satisfaction.

    I don't know how much money you make Tigger but if you do manage more than 22K a year you need a better lawyer. Until there is a female commander in chief you are safe from the Secret Service swooping in. Besides last we spoke of 'them' coming to get you you claimed your brite and shiny 45 was meant for yourself alone. I doubt anyone thinks you are a threat to anyone other than those closest to you.

    You either have a poor memory or a shifting set of principles. Easy enough to have happen when someone picks and chooses a 'moral code'- moral slip and evolving principles.

    You probably should identify the 'society' you claim helps guide you because it damn sure isn't this one. Who else do you learn from and interact with as part of this 'society' you mention?
    this type of common sense, logic, and rational paired with facts will be ignore by him. He wont let solid logic and facts get in the way of his opinions
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #243
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Or his tradition of the moment...

    Gotta admire the ability to stick to your principles even as they shift with the wind. Career politicians are good at that. Maybe he can run for office when he moves to Saudi...

  4. #244
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-03-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Have you ever been in the unfortunate position of having to interact with a woman on a daily basis who has severe PMS? If not, you're fortunate. The symptoms are debilitating and very real. (If you never have been, I can understand why it'd sound silly.)
    No..I can't say that I have been. I'm personally not convinced PMS is even a real thing. Everybody jokes about it and takes it as common knowledge that periods make women moody. Plenty of people don't feel good during their periods, because frankly, it is painful and kinda sucks. Lots of women use it as an excuse to not do anything but watch tv and eat chocolate. But PMS is supposed to happen before you start your period, and I haven't seen any evidence that changes in hormones cause any of these symptoms, or that women even have these symptoms before their periods start. PMDD on the other hand is a different thing. If this woman you're describing has such a drastic change throughout the month, I would think it might be PMDD. This is not a common thing, and I certainly don't think women's abilities should be discounted because they are female and therefore could possibly have PMDD.

  5. #245
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    No..I can't say that I have been. I'm personally not convinced PMS is even a real thing. Everybody jokes about it and takes it as common knowledge that periods make women moody. Plenty of people don't feel good during their periods, because frankly, it is painful and kinda sucks. Lots of women use it as an excuse to not do anything but watch tv and eat chocolate. But PMS is supposed to happen before you start your period, and I haven't seen any evidence that changes in hormones cause any of these symptoms, or that women even have these symptoms before their periods start. PMDD on the other hand is a different thing. If this woman you're describing has such a drastic change throughout the month, I would think it might be PMDD. This is not a common thing, and I certainly don't think women's abilities should be discounted because they are female and therefore could possibly have PMDD.
    Maybe it's called PMDD now. It's been a while. It's very real, I assure you. I'm sure there are degrees -- hell, if there weren't, ladies'd be out there killin' each other. You obviously know something about it because you know it occurs before one begins menstruating. It's the hormone surge going on prior to its beginning that causes mental anguish and abnormal behavior. Most women absolutely don't suffer it...but if one did? Katy!!! Bar the door!!

    I do agree with you that the odds are slim and none...but it would be a concern of mine. Having giving it some thought, thanks to you, I don't think a woman suffering from that would ever get high enough in any political party to be on a ticket. I'm retracting my concern.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #246
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,928

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    The United States seems much more resistant to electing women into high positions when compared to Europe and other western countries. So I'm interested to see people's views and how they would vote. Would you vote for a woman who you held all of your views politically and promised to make changes you agreed with? Would you be more like or less likely to vote for your candidate because she's a woman?

    My views: I would be very excited to see a woman who held my views run for president or even vice president. I would be excited to see someone whose views match my own running for office, but her being a woman would be the cherry on top. I would not go so far as to vote for any average woman just because she's a woman, because I feel the first female president is going to be held to higher standards and have her every move scrutinized by her critics. A sub par female president would only set us back.
    There are a few women who could do the job adequetly. The prerequiset is to have a pair. This would go to men as well. Most people I find dont have a pair as it were. My preferance is somebody who tough, no nonsence, no excuses and lives and breathes freedom. Those qualities are rare these days. But if a woman were to have those qualities and run, I vote for her in a New York minute. Hell yea.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    It was your family, community and society that taught you to abuse women like you do so as to try to assuage your inferiority complex? Who woulda thunk?!
    It was my family, community, and the society which I grew up in that taught me the concept of "A Place for Everyone, and Everyone in Their Place." The ideal that what we Can, Want, or Like to do needs to be subbordinated to what we SHOULD do. No exceptions. It also taught me that when someone steps outside of those lines that there need to be consequences, whether they are social, emotional, mental, physical, or in the most extreme situations banishment oriented.

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    not familiar with your community but much of society disagrees and your OPINION of how we operated for 400 years is false lol.
    Where I come from, both philosophically and physically the idea that the opinion of the majority makes something Right does not exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I asked you for logic and facts not your unsupportable opinion.
    Then you're going to be sorely disappointed over and over again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    are you suggesting that in 400 years are tradtion were always right and they didnt change for the better and some of them were wrong?
    I am stating that in those 400 years the Traditions my family has followed have never let us down. That's really all that matters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    and are you suggesting that in 400 years we have never had successful leaders that were off my list.
    I am stating that simply because something is Wrong doesn't mean that it isn't going to work out from time to time. That doesn't make it any more Right simply because it was successful. Likewise, just because something fails from time to time doesn't mean it's not the Right thing to do.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I don't know how much money you make Tigger but if you do manage more than 22K a year you need a better lawyer. Until there is a female commander in chief you are safe from the Secret Service swooping in. Besides last we spoke of 'them' coming to get you you claimed your brite and shiny 45 was meant for yourself alone. I doubt anyone thinks you are a threat to anyone other than those closest to you.
    No. I indicated that there is one round set aside for me, if necessary. I never suggestd that I wouldn't fight, just that I wouldn't be taken alive. There is a difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    You either have a poor memory or a shifting set of principles. Easy enough to have happen when someone picks and chooses a 'moral code'- moral slip and evolving principles.
    What is it that you base this comment on? There is no moral slip or evolution to my Principles.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    You probably should identify the 'society' you claim helps guide you because it damn sure isn't this one. Who else do you learn from and interact with as part of this 'society' you mention?
    The family, friends, and community that I grew up in. The people, concepts, philosophies, and ideals that I was taught to respect and defer to in all things.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Gotta admire the ability to stick to your principles even as they shift with the wind. Career politicians are good at that. Maybe he can run for office when he moves to Saudi...
    I could never run for office anywhere. It's an absolute waste of time to be that involved in politics. I did it once (worked for a campaign) and that taught me everything I ever need to know about that business. I haven't been able to get rid of that stench in over twenty years.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •