View Poll Results: Would you vote for a woman running for president if she held your political views?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd be happy and excited to vote for a woman

    93 79.49%
  • I would have some hesitations, but vote for her if she was best qualified

    17 14.53%
  • I would vote for her only if there wasn't a qualified man

    2 1.71%
  • I would not vote for a woman even if she held my views

    5 4.27%
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 310

Thread: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

  1. #211
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    The United States seems much more resistant to electing women into high positions when compared to Europe and other western countries. So I'm interested to see people's views and how they would vote. Would you vote for a woman who you held all of your views politically and promised to make changes you agreed with? Would you be more like or less likely to vote for your candidate because she's a woman?

    My views: I would be very excited to see a woman who held my views run for president or even vice president. I would be excited to see someone whose views match my own running for office, but her being a woman would be the cherry on top. I would not go so far as to vote for any average woman just because she's a woman, because I feel the first female president is going to be held to higher standards and have her every move scrutinized by her critics. A sub par female president would only set us back.
    I would have some reservations -- that's how I voted. My reservations would be that, frankly, she be through menopause. I've seen too many women with severe PMS, frankly, to have a lot of confidence in their ability to react rationally under stress.

    BUT. Those reservations would not preclude me from voting for her. It's just something I would be on the lookout for, if you will.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #212
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Last Seen
    03-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    551

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    I vote for the best candidate, regardless of sex. Why wasn't this an option in the poll?

    All of the poll options are sexist...

  3. #213
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    I don't give a damn about gender or ethnicity.

    I don't think it's "historic," positive, or even really matters - point in fact, I think all that nonsense is divisive. "Asians are good at math," is still bigotry.

    Give me a candidate with integrity that values the same things I do, and I'll vote for them.
    Is it bigotry if it's true? Asians do, as a group, tend to score high in subjects like math. Do you deny that?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #214
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-03-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I would have some reservations -- that's how I voted. My reservations would be that, frankly, she be through menopause. I've seen too many women with severe PMS, frankly, to have a lot of confidence in their ability to react rationally under stress.

    BUT. Those reservations would not preclude me from voting for her. It's just something I would be on the lookout for, if you will.
    That just sounds really silly to me

  5. #215
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    That just sounds really silly to me
    Have you ever been in the unfortunate position of having to interact with a woman on a daily basis who has severe PMS? If not, you're fortunate. The symptoms are debilitating and very real. (If you never have been, I can understand why it'd sound silly.)
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #216
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by kerussll View Post
    The United States seems much more resistant to electing women into high positions when compared to Europe and other western countries. So I'm interested to see people's views and how they would vote. Would you vote for a woman who you held all of your views politically and promised to make changes you agreed with? Would you be more like or less likely to vote for your candidate because she's a woman?

    My views: I would be very excited to see a woman who held my views run for president or even vice president. I would be excited to see someone whose views match my own running for office, but her being a woman would be the cherry on top. I would not go so far as to vote for any average woman just because she's a woman, because I feel the first female president is going to be held to higher standards and have her every move scrutinized by her critics. A sub par female president would only set us back.
    I really wish I could have voted for Hillary Clinton, I think she would have been better than Obama.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    Morality is relative, right tigger? Do you and your girlfriend abstain?
    No. Morality is NOT relative.

    Tisha and I have abstained to this point. Next month will be our 9 month anniversary and at that point in time we will re-assess that decision at that time. Considering that we are talking about marriage, we may choose to engage in those activities. Before you comment, remember that my criteria has always been a long-term committed relationship NOT marriage.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    are there really and rational, logical, objective people out there that wouldnt vote for a qualified person based on them being:
    Yes, there are actually many of us.

  9. #219
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Yes, there are actually many of us.
    Its obvious you misunderstood the question.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Its obvious you misunderstood the question.
    Okay. After re-reading it I realize that the sort of person you're talking about is a gutless, spineless, worthless waste of flesh and oxygen who doesn't actually have any real principles. My apologies for having mis-read the question.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •