View Poll Results: Would you vote for a woman running for president if she held your political views?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd be happy and excited to vote for a woman

    93 79.49%
  • I would have some hesitations, but vote for her if she was best qualified

    17 14.53%
  • I would vote for her only if there wasn't a qualified man

    2 1.71%
  • I would not vote for a woman even if she held my views

    5 4.27%
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 310

Thread: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

  1. #101
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I haven't suggested they can't. I have suggested they shouldn't. I believe that pretty much all of life is about what one SHOULD or SHOULDN'T do much moreso than what one can and can't do.
    thats horse****...who are you to decide what anyone should do....

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    thats horse****...who are you to decide what anyone should do....
    Me, personally?..... I'm nobody. However, I am a believer in a Universal set of Morals and Values that I believe should be the core of every society and culture in the world. THAT is what I base my beliefs on.

  3. #103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Laughing-
    damn good thing a few patriots didn't just say the British Empire is just too powerful to stand infront of, we should just wait until it runs out of steam. I have heard many sorry excuses for doing nothing, not so much isolationist as parasitic, feeds off the system while doing nothing to help what feeds it. A scabies or toe fungus, not any danger to the host, just an irritant.

    I too firmly believe every citizen should be content with their place in society, should live happy and content lives within society. The ability to move in society pretty much defeats the caste system. However I do want my daughter to know her place and be content in it-

    managing the family household budget or a fortune 500 company

    Fixing her daughter's ouchie boo-boo or another's teen clinging to life after a bus accident

    Killing spiders in the house or bad men in far away lands

    The problem with 'know their place' is those who want it seldom agree with the place others choose.

    Time heals all wounds as best as I can recall, never heard it claimed it rights any wrongs.

    Men AND women who are willing to risk more than ridicule usually are credited with wrong righting.

    Bottom line for most 'know their place' types is a very narrow focus on who show know their place. A woman doesn't upset society by wanting to chase her dreams... anymore than a black man for sitting at a lunch counter, or one man saying 'I DO' to another.

    What it does is rock the narrow world view of a few fungi on society's feet... like toe jam on the walk of life...

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I too firmly believe every citizen should be content with their place in society, should live happy and content lives within society. The ability to move in society pretty much defeats the caste system. However I do want my daughter to know her place and be content in it-
    How can she know her place if society has never shown her what it is, because society refuses to define it either?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    The problem with 'know their place' is those who want it seldom agree with the place others choose.
    That's because some of us don't believe that choice is the proper avenue for defining such things.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Time heals all wounds as best as I can recall, never heard it claimed it rights any wrongs.
    No, time does not heal all wounds. At least not in the span of a single human lifetime. It definitely doesn't right any wrongs.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Men AND women who are willing to risk more than ridicule usually are credited with wrong righting.
    Yes, and all too often replacing one set of wrongs with another.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Bottom line for most 'know their place' types is a very narrow focus on who show know their place. A woman doesn't upset society by wanting to chase her dreams... anymore than a black man for sitting at a lunch counter, or one man saying 'I DO' to another.

    What it does is rock the narrow world view of a few fungi on society's feet... like toe jam on the walk of life...
    I'm going to have to disagree that people don't upset society by chasing their dreams. In fact many do exactly that. My worldview is what it is. Nothing will shake or change it.

  5. #105
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    In the last election ofr president in Mexico there was a woman running and her campaign slogan was "I'm different"

    That was scary after seeing Obama get in saying just the same thing, and she meant just that she was a woman and not anything about her ideas.

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    I would never attempt to change the world view of anyone so determined to be nothing more than a self serving irritant for society, perhaps like a grain of sand, society will encase and seal away such irritants creating a pearl for others.

    Society has shown women their role/place in society for a very long time..

    Joan d'Arc, Elizabeth I, Molly Pitcher, Sacajawea, Earhart, Madam Curie, Rosa Parks, Sally Ride, I think you get the idea.

    It just isn't the teachings you would have girls learn, too bad so sad.

    I never said time was limited to one lifetime, you know better, the British Empire wasn't going to run out of steam in one lifetime, nor will 'this wrong', as you see the current path of society, run out of gas in a lifetime. You quibble, petty folks hold hard to perceived slights and grudges. You tried to claim time will right the wrong, no sir, people stepping forward do that, from Joan to Rosa, women step forward and right wrongs, Time just marches on...

    Interesting thought, society is just replacing one set of wrongs with another, perhaps an more enlightened view is as society advances it replaces one badly flawed society- slavery, women as second class citizens, discrimination, colonial 'empires' that devastated whole swathes of people, with one not as flawed, working toward a better society.

    One clear fact is no one agrees 100% with all of society, but it is an interesting mix that claims society is going in a totally wrong direction. They all think they stand alone but there are many, just too socially dysfunctional to be able to gather.

    People upset an old not longer functional society by chasing their dreams, be it equality for women, blacks, nations under colonial rule. I'm sure many white folks would like 'the good ol' days' where not only women but blacks knew their place. I imagine some Brits long for the days when the sun never set on the British Empire, and change is never easy, like childbirth painful and messy, however without it the human race ends.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I would never attempt to change the world view of anyone so determined to be nothing more than a self serving irritant for society, perhaps like a grain of sand, society will encase and seal away such irritants creating a pearl for others.
    Good. It would be a massive waste of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Society has shown women their role/place in society for a very long time..

    Joan d'Arc, Elizabeth I, Molly Pitcher, Sacajawea, Earhart, Madam Curie, Rosa Parks, Sally Ride, I think you get the idea.

    It just isn't the teachings you would have girls learn, too bad so sad.
    I get the idea, and most of them do have a place in history, as an example of what not to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I never said time was limited to one lifetime, you know better, the British Empire wasn't going to run out of steam in one lifetime, nor will 'this wrong', as you see the current path of society, run out of gas in a lifetime. You quibble, petty folks hold hard to perceived slights and grudges. You tried to claim time will right the wrong, no sir, people stepping forward do that, from Joan to Rosa, women step forward and right wrongs, Time just marches on....
    I was referring to personal wounds more than societal ones, but whatever. Time has a way of grinding away at society just like water lapping up on the rocks. It may not be a short process, but it works none the less.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Interesting thought, society is just replacing one set of wrongs with another, perhaps an more enlightened view is as society advances it replaces one badly flawed society- slavery, women as second class citizens, discrimination, colonial 'empires' that devastated whole swathes of people, with one not as flawed, working toward a better society.
    Or maybe it replaces it with one that is equally, if not more wrong. That would seem to be a matter of viewpoint and opinion, now wouldn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    One clear fact is no one agrees 100% with all of society, but it is an interesting mix that claims society is going in a totally wrong direction. They all think they stand alone but there are many, just too socially dysfunctional to be able to gather.
    Actually, we don't gather together because even inside our own "society" there is significant division about what the true Right way of looking at and doing things is.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    People upset an old not longer functional society by chasing their dreams, be it equality for women, blacks, nations under colonial rule. I'm sure many white folks would like 'the good ol' days' where not only women but blacks knew their place. I imagine some Brits long for the days when the sun never set on the British Empire, and change is never easy, like childbirth painful and messy, however without it the human race ends.
    Maybe we'd be better off if the human race ended.

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Why is it a massive waste of time? Time makes diamonds, oil, pearls. Odd you call turning an irritant into a prize a massive waste of time when you hold grudges for centuries...

    Odd you call national heroes examples of what not to be when several of them come from the time you idealize and lead their nations in times of great strife. Rather than good examples of what is wrong they are excellent examples of why you are wrong.

    Strong women who lead men in battle, rallied a nation when an armada bore down on HER country, lead our first explorers, worked on the frontiers of knowledge on isotopes, set world records, and traveled into space, showing future female leaders the sky is literally no longer the limit.

    I agree time works away at everything, but sure as age takes the bloom off a rose, you can't turn back the hands of time. Time marches ON, not back. We will not go back to the 50's, to separate but equal, to women seeing no further than the grocery store and dry cleaners on Mondays....

    It is a matter of opinion or viewpoint what progress in society is? I disagree, the opinion needs to be fully vetted in facts, not fantasy to be of much value. How worthy of consideration is the viewpoint the earth is only 10,000 years old? How about believing the earth is flat or the opinion blacks can never be trustworthy?

    Opinions that ignore facts that don't jib with the preconceived notion, the fantasy world being weaved are fatally flawed. Viewpoints that encourage people to show no courage, not matter the 'stand alone rhetoric' are not worthy of a freeman, even a misanthropic,misogynist, flight not fight one. It almost sounds like one of those liberal touchy feely communes to base your life on the 'Universal Good/Truth/credit card'. Like many things that are oversimplified and underdefined that theory of conduct died out as men progressed past pledging loyalty to the Lord of the Manor, and nobles being exempt from common law.

    A madman have commitment to his delusions, a sociopath a steady heartbeat as he filets his victims, but it doesn't make him just, or worthy of consideration.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Why is it a massive waste of time? Time makes diamonds, oil, pearls. Odd you call turning an irritant into a prize a massive waste of time when you hold grudges for centuries...
    I was suggesting that debating with me or trying to change my mind on anything were massive wastes of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Odd you call national heroes examples of what not to be when several of them come from the time you idealize and lead their nations in times of great strife. Rather than good examples of what is wrong they are excellent examples of why you are wrong.
    Just because they came from the time in history that I prefer does not mean they are the epitome of what I believe a woman should be.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Strong women who lead men in battle, rallied a nation when an armada bore down on HER country, lead our first explorers, worked on the frontiers of knowledge on isotopes, set world records, and traveled into space, showing future female leaders the sky is literally no longer the limit.
    You're correct that the sky is no longer the limit. It SHOULD be set much lower than that, but unfortunately it no longer is. The biggest problem with the shattering of the glass ceiling..... the shards of glass have cut decent society to pieces as they've fallen.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I agree time works away at everything, but sure as age takes the bloom off a rose, you can't turn back the hands of time. Time marches ON, not back. We will not go back to the 50's, to separate but equal, to women seeing no further than the grocery store and dry cleaners on Mondays.....
    Then humanity has no value at all and the best thing we could do is to have someone "accidentally" touch off a MAD situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    It is a matter of opinion or viewpoint what progress in society is? I disagree, the opinion needs to be fully vetted in facts, not fantasy to be of much value. How worthy of consideration is the viewpoint the earth is only 10,000 years old? How about believing the earth is flat or the opinion blacks can never be trustworthy?
    Yes, it IS a matter of opinion what progress and deevolution are in society. The fact that you don't like that doesn't make it any less true.

  10. #110
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Would You Vote a Woman into Presidential Office?

    I have nothing against a Women in the White House. Now the trick is to find one that is worthy of the job. If there is a women that appears on the spectrum that has good plans for the country, then I will consider voting for them. But the idea of voting for a president based on gender is quite childish.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •