View Poll Results: Agree of Disagree ...discuss?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    27 42.86%
  • Disagree

    21 33.33%
  • Who is Ayn Rand and L. Ron Hubbard?

    5 7.94%
  • other

    10 15.87%
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 340

Thread: Ayn Rand is the L. Ron Hubbard of Politics

  1. #271
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,802

    Re: Ayn Rand is the L. Ron Hubbard of Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    He "did", already. It was a thirty page treatise on Germania during ancient Rome. It didn't mention Christianity or any reference to rape, theft or murder. He refused to reference the exact part of it that supported his claim. Combined with ignoring Ur-Nammu, the old testament and bizarrely reposting Hammurabi as if it supported his position in any way, this guy is playing with way too few cards to have any sort of coherent discussion with.
    And when you point that simple fact out, he resorts to calling names and feigning offense.

    No surprise there.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #272
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,927

    Re: Ayn Rand is the L. Ron Hubbard of Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Bull****. Youve made a claim and NEVER backed it up. So now put up Matt. Show us the statistics of murder and rape BEFORE and AFTER Christianity. I dare you to source your claim.
    There are reliable statistics for murder and rape before christianity?
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,802

    Re: Ayn Rand is the L. Ron Hubbard of Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    There are reliable statistics for murder and rape before christianity?
    Probably not but he made the claim that there was a demonstrable difference between the two, yet cannot come up with any evidence to back up his claim. In reality, we know the source of his information, he just made it all up.

    Like he does with pretty much everything he ever posts.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #274
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Ayn Rand is the L. Ron Hubbard of Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    Why are shoot to kill orders given during natural disasters when looting is rampant? Because lawlessness is rampant.
    I love circular logic combined with loaded questions. They make my magnet tingle.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #275
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-14 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Ayn Rand is the L. Ron Hubbard of Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I get what you´re saying but Leftist thought actually opposes IQ testing because its highly ethnocentric. Other than that you make a pretty good argument in your first paragraph and completely lose me in the second. Explain it further.
    Where do the Leftists come from? Why do they have so much power? They are part of the ruling class. Their pose of fairness about IQ tests is just a cover to discredit those who do well on them. Use your own IQ and you will see through all Leftist cover stories. An IQ should not measure ability to repeat and believe in what you are told to think; it would see the contradictions in the required impressions and look beyond appearances.

    As for the Greenie pose, it is a cover for the desire to stabilize the dominance of the ruling class. The development of Nature creates class mobility. That was the whole story of America before it turned backward to class supremacy. The pioneers were all from the excluded classes of Europe and managed to lift themselves above those who had dominated them back in the old regime. High IQs keep the development of Nature going beyond what is easy to produce. So they must be channeled into anti-growth science. Environmentalism is a form of hoarding to maintain the status quo. The herd is easy to tame; wild minds must be broken through humiliation and mind control.
    On the outside, trickling down on the insiders.
    We won't live free until the 1% live in fear.
    Hey, richboys! Imagine the boot of democracy stomping on your faces, forever.

  6. #276
    Educator Rosie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    961

    Re: Ayn Rand is the L. Ron Hubbard of Politics

    Well, yeh. Ayn Rand died poor and on Social Security.
    "The measure off intelligence is the ability to change." Albert Einstein

  7. #277
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Ayn Rand is the L. Ron Hubbard of Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Only if you are into blanket statements.
    Meh considering the bible is in and of itself erroneous not only HISTORICALLY but demonstratively through logic, it is in fact proper to asses that Christians are ignorant of history. You have two choices blackdog. Either the bible is the word of god and completely right as it claims, or its wrong and its just a book written by a few hebrews who didnt know jack **** about the world.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 08-23-12 at 03:26 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #278
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Ayn Rand is the L. Ron Hubbard of Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Meh considering the bible is in and of itself erroneous not only HISTORICALLY but demonstratively through logic, it is in fact proper to asses that Christians are ignorant of history.
    That would depend on who you talk to now wouldn't it? Considering it is not one book, but an assembly of many books from many different people I would say you are reaching. Again with more blanket statements.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You have two choices blackdog. Either the bible is the word of god and completely right as it claims, or its wrong and its just a book written by a few hebrews who didnt know jack **** about the world.
    The Bible is the word of God as interpreted by man. The Bible also points out, we are not robots. So no, your 2 choices are limited and based in speculation and your own biased opinion.

    I am not certain why I even bother to respond to this silliness anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #279
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Ayn Rand is the L. Ron Hubbard of Politics

    Apparently the mods no longer seem to care about this thread going off topic, so I would like to add my two cents in response to Hatuey. From a strictly philological perspective, the Bible is fairly historically accurate, and if you're going to make a sweeping claim to the contrary you have to bring some extraordinary evidence to back up your extraordinary claim. Otherwise your argument is just hot air. So what historical inaccuracies in the Bible could you possibly be talking about?

  10. #280
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,802

    Re: Ayn Rand is the L. Ron Hubbard of Politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    So what historical inaccuracies in the Bible could you possibly be talking about?
    I'll take a shot. Prove the creation story or the flood story ever really happened.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •