View Poll Results: Is being POTUS military service

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • No-being POTUS is not military service

    26 56.52%
  • Yes-Being POTUS is military service

    6 13.04%
  • The Civilian Commander in Chief is not a member of the military

    14 30.43%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Does being the President mean you have served in the US Military

  1. #21
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Does being the President mean you have served in the US Military

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Does owning a basketball goal make you an NBA player? We could keep going with these all day lol.
    Does posting on an internet political forum make one a political expert?

    (Not directed at you specifically, just popped in my head and thought it was funny.)
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Does being the President mean you have served in the US Military

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    If our gov't was run correctly, politicians wouldn't need much expertise in economics, agriculture, healthcare, etc. However, the Commander in Chief would still need the expertise provided by serving.
    Why is military service special when all other ones are not?

  3. #23
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does being the President mean you have served in the US Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Why is military service special when all other ones are not?
    Well, because we kill people in foreign countries by his order and others don't. Duh.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #24
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Does being the President mean you have served in the US Military

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Does posting on an internet political forum make one a political expert?
    Only if you have 5 or more of those symbol thingies under your avatar.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #25
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does being the President mean you have served in the US Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
    No. Being in the military means you take a bunch of ****, for low pay.
    The pay for being in the miliary is knowing that 313 million Americans can go to bed at night without worry.
    "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." : Stephen King

    "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." Thomas Jefferson

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Does being the President mean you have served in the US Military

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastIndependent View Post
    The pay for being in the miliary is knowing that 313 million Americans can go to bed at night without worry.
    I have literally never thought of that once the entire time I've been in the military, some people would be amazed by how little patriotic feelings, especially openly patriotic, motivate people to join or stay in the military. For me personally I never thought of doing something for my country as a reason to join, I figured the country could get along just fine without me serving.

  7. #27
    Professor
    TheLastIndependent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-29-15 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does being the President mean you have served in the US Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I have literally never thought of that once the entire time I've been in the military, some people would be amazed by how little patriotic feelings, especially openly patriotic, motivate people to join or stay in the military. For me personally I never thought of doing something for my country as a reason to join, I figured the country could get along just fine without me serving.
    That isn't shocking actually. It has been my dream since I was a very small child to join the military. I'm honestly not sure what drives this dream, but I will be plenty satisfied with the feeling of keeping my country safe even with the small pay.
    "The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool." : Stephen King

    "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." Thomas Jefferson

  8. #28
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Does being the President mean you have served in the US Military

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    on another thread someone was whining about Romney's lack of military service so we noted that they must have voted for McCain over Obama (they are Obama slurpers) one of the Obama fans said that Obama now has 3.5 years of military service. I know this is BS but I wanted to see what others think.
    When we make the president go through basic training before taking office, then maybe it can be considered to be military service.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #29
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Does being the President mean you have served in the US Military

    I'm not sure how to answer that question. Yes and no. Mostly no in the truest since. At the same time it's the Potus who commands the military.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  10. #30
    Educator
    Chiefgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lake Jem, FL pop:35
    Last Seen
    05-08-15 @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: Does being the President mean you have served in the US Military

    The Secretary of the Navy does not have Veterans Status...
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travellin' man, I have chalked up many a mile.
    Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and I've learned much from both of their styles!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •