View Poll Results: Will Ryan as VP help or hurt Romney win election?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will help Romney

    51 27.42%
  • It will hurt Romney

    84 45.16%
  • It will have no real effect on the outcome

    38 20.43%
  • Other, please explain

    13 6.99%
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 393

Thread: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

  1. #71
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And that stark difference will cost him the election as older voters flee Mittens in droves.
    Which is fine. If it happens. If people vote to re-elect a man who has no intention of addressing the countrys problems, then Americans and America deserve what they get and get what they deserve.

    Personally, I think it is a winning move for Romney, and I think Americans wont vote for bankruptcy, but if they do, it will be a good thing to have Obama in the White House when the crap hits the fan.

  2. #72
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,081

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I'm no Romney fan but I believe 4 years as a governor is a MUCH more applicable experience than 3 1/2 years as a Senator. No one can run against an incumbant POTUS and say "I have more Presidential experience than this guy" so that's a fallacy anyway. Romney has a wealth more of managerial experience than then Senator Obama did. So lets not argue about experience on this one. I think thats an argument that makes no sense. IMO, being Governor of a state is THE best preparation for the office of the President. Its basically the same job, just on a smaller scale. With all that being said, I still think Romney sucks, so whatever lol.
    Yes, Romney did a wonderful job maintaining the peace with Vermont, defending the borders from New Hampishereites crossing the border in search of a better life and protected Nantucket from invasion of Long Island yachts. :-)

    ...so not exactly the same job on a smaller scale, but I agree the best prep job in America to be POTUS (other than VPOTUS) would be governor of a decent sized state.

    What I was quibbling with was not the experience going into the office, but the idea that on this DATE Romney has more or better experience at being POTUS than someone that has 3.5 years experience actually doing the job of POTUS.
    v

  3. #73
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    It will help him. He need someone to kinda help him seem "conservative" and i think this will kinda help that.


  4. #74
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Poll numbers are now correct for members voting. Some one was stacking the vote...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #75
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    It will help energize the conservative base to come out and vote for Romney.


  6. #76
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,799

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    It will help energize the conservative base to come out and vote for Romney.
    The conservative base was a sure thing just like a paid for hooker.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Riding a tapir
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,432
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    It will help him. He need someone to kinda help him seem "conservative" and i think this will kinda help that.
    If he becomes any more conservative, he'll loose my vote. I've been hoping he'll come out a more moderate, but apparently that won't happen...

  8. #78
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,151

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    It ca only help to have Ryan. In the end though, we vote for President, not VP.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #79
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    It will probably have little to no effect.

    It has the potential to hurt Romney, and is very possible. Extreme voters decide the primaries. Independent swing voters decide the general election.

    It won't help, because as much as the extreme right has never been enamored with Romney, where are they going to go?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #80
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Yes, Romney did a wonderful job maintaining the peace with Vermont, defending the borders from New Hampishereites crossing the border in search of a better life and protected Nantucket from invasion of Long Island yachts. :-)
    Those borders are about as porous as the Mexican border so this is a null and void argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    ...so not exactly the same job on a smaller scale, but I agree the best prep job in America to be POTUS (other than VPOTUS) would be governor of a decent sized state.
    I didn't say exactly the same, I said basically. I know it isn't the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    What I was quibbling with was not the experience going into the office, but the idea that on this DATE Romney has more or better experience at being POTUS than someone that has 3.5 years experience actually doing the job of POTUS.
    Who said Romney has more or better experience than President Obama at being President? Every challenger has to overcome the fact that the incumbant has been there 4 years already. However, do we really value the experience President Obama holds? It hasn't exactly been a great experience.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •