View Poll Results: Will Ryan as VP help or hurt Romney win election?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will help Romney

    51 27.42%
  • It will hurt Romney

    84 45.16%
  • It will have no real effect on the outcome

    38 20.43%
  • Other, please explain

    13 6.99%
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 393

Thread: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

  1. #341
    User kmiller1610's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-12 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    136

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Obama admits he cut Medicare to fund Obamacare.
    And that's already law.


  2. #342
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    Obama admits he cut Medicare to fund Obamacare.
    And that's already law.
    Do you honestly not understand? Or are you just playing partisan games?
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  3. #343
    User kmiller1610's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-12 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    136

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Do you honestly not understand? Or are you just playing partisan games?
    Do you need me to quote the President? Or are you pretending he didn't say it. Medicare is being used to fund the future of Obamacare.

  4. #344
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    Do you need me to quote the President? Or are you pretending he didn't say it. Medicare is being used to fund the future of Obamacare.
    Ugh. Ok, I will give you the benefit and assume that you honestly don't understand. Obamacare overlaps Medicare somewhat. Part of the goal of Obamacare was to drive down the cost of Medicare. That isn't the same thing as cutting Medicare. Nobody is like getting less coverage or something because of it.
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  5. #345
    User kmiller1610's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-12 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    136

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Ugh. Ok, I will give you the benefit and assume that you honestly don't understand. Obamacare overlaps Medicare somewhat. Part of the goal of Obamacare was to drive down the cost of Medicare. That isn't the same thing as cutting Medicare. Nobody is like getting less coverage or something because of it.
    The ABC journalist who asked the question said it pretty plainly. Why do you feel the need to complicate it?

  6. #346
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    The ABC journalist who asked the question said it pretty plainly. Why do you feel the need to complicate it?
    Well, now you know, right? Isn't that a good thing to understand it?
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  7. #347
    User kmiller1610's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-12 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    136

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Well, now you know, right? Isn't that a good thing to understand it?
    I know that in a truly secular society, (which we don't have) people would relish tearing talking points down and getting at the truth.

    But we are being herded into tribes by the media, whose glowing embers we stare at through our various screens.

    Keep it simple. Keep them staring. Keep them angry.

    That's how the new religion of hate and division works.

  8. #348
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    I know that in a truly secular society, (which we don't have) people would relish tearing talking points down and getting at the truth.

    But we are being herded into tribes by the media, whose glowing embers we stare at through our various screens.

    Keep it simple. Keep them staring. Keep them angry.

    That's how the new religion of hate and division works.
    Er, now I'm confused about your position. Before you were complaining that I was making it too complicated. Now you're talking about how talking points that obscure the truth and keeping things simplistic to make people angry and divided are bad. You switched sides?
    Total tax rates- People living in poverty: 16.2%. The median American: 27%. Working people who make over $140k/year: 31%. The top 1%: 30%. Super rich investors: around 15%. Help the democrats retake the house.

  9. #349
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    Do you need me to quote the President? Or are you pretending he didn't say it. Medicare is being used to fund the future of Obamacare.
    The insurance companies profits are cut out of the Medicare budget by POTUS and that is where the money comes from. There is no cut to the money spent on medical services. The vidio was skillfully edited. Its like the advertizing I see on TV. (BTW, do you understand that private medical insurers want providers to submit in unique ways that they change often in an attempt to reduce the amount they have to pay. There is no standard. It keeps a larger staff at the providers employed.) BTW I'm on Medicare. Used it today. A quick cheap visit to insure I wouldn't experience a very expensive probelm in the future.
    Last edited by OhIsee.Then; 08-16-12 at 11:57 PM.

  10. #350
    User kmiller1610's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-12 @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    136

    Re: Paul Ryan, Help Or Hurt Romney

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Er, now I'm confused about your position. Before you were complaining that I was making it too complicated. Now you're talking about how talking points that obscure the truth and keeping things simplistic to make people angry and divided are bad. You switched sides?
    The Obama administration made Obamacare debt neutral by borrowing one third of its anticipated cost from anticipated Medicare funds. It's all in the future, just like the supposed "gutting" of the program by Paul Ryan. In both cases, the extremists are masking the details because the public can't handle the complication. The difference is that Obamacare is law. So the right certainly has as much right to quote the ABC interview as the left has to ignore the fact that the Ryan proposal does not touch any current seniors.

    What would be nice is if the media would publicly dissect both programs and provide objective analysis of both. But the people want it simple, so we get simple. Even though it isn't simple.

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •